PDA

View Full Version : Not Joanne again

46zilzal
09-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I am going to begin counting how many times this one repeats ATTENDS THE PACE!

It was a joke at the OTB NEVER to turn the volume up when this one rambled on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

toetoe
09-05-2008, 06:34 PM
zilz,

She's perfectly fair game, and I can only repeat my weak@$$ argument that every clown on TVG is worse.

cj's dad
09-05-2008, 06:54 PM
zilz,

She's perfectly fair game, and I can only repeat my weak@$$ argument that every clown on TVG is worse.

Completely unfair statement IMO/ some at TVG are very good and entertaining.

toetoe
09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Fair enough. I'll admit I've not seen ALL the talking heads, but she CAN'T rank behind, Matt, Todd, Frank, or Ken Frig'n Rudolph ( :bang: ). I admit to little knowledge of the cast. Who else is there ? Pincay III is on HRTV, no ? He's the coldest fish EVER.

Hajck Hillstrom
09-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Who else is there?...Gary Seibel and Rich Perloff are as solid as you can get in the game today. Frank Miramahdi is absolutely excellent from both an information and entertainment perspective. Jill Byrne and Christina Olivares are exceptional horsewomen that understand the equine. Jill Byrne's observations are simply brilliant! Sometimes it is difficult to find the wheat through the chaff at TVG, but it does exist.

toetoe
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I stand informed. :blush: . Do the aforementioned Fearsome Foursome permanesce at the superstation where the tout meets the drought ? I LOVE Miramahdi's calls, by the way.

Hajck Hillstrom
09-06-2008, 02:07 AM
I stand informed. :blush: . Do the aforementioned Fearsome Foursome permanesce at the superstation where the tout meets the drought ? I LOVE Miramahdi's calls, by the way.Where the tout meets the drought!!! :lol: :lol:

Brilliant!

Yes, they are all underutilized, and are often forced to hand the ball off to the muppets.

thespaah
09-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I am going to begin counting how many times this one repeats ATTENDS THE PACE!

It was a joke at the OTB NEVER to turn the volume up when this one rambled on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.Joanne Jones is about the most annyoing talking head to ever get propped up in front of a tv camera. She just rambles on with barrages of cliches that are the equivalent of old dirty wet socks.
When she gets on camera I switch the channel. BTW Does nayone know if she is an investor in Max Factor, Estee Lauder or one of the other major cosmetics firms? Because it looks to me like she plasters on layers of makeup to get on camera.Only way she could afford this is to buy so much product it forces up the stock price.Thus helping her financially.Sheesh!

joanied
09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I think you guys are talking about the A.M at Saratoga show???
I also thought Joanne was a bore, as was Shawn what's his name...even with some really good guests on the show, it was rather a disappointment, IMO.

But...since (I hope) we're talking about that show...I really like Rick Lang...I think he's funny and if you can get past his seeming to be nervous all the time, I just love the guy...and I gotta ask...are any of you are familiar with the actor, Danny Aielo....because Rick Lang looks so much like him they could be brothers!!!
:)

point given
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I also thought Joanne was a bore, as was Shawn what's his name...even with some really good guests on the show, it was rather a disappointment, IMO.

But...since (I hope) we're talking about that show...I really like Rick Lang...I think he's funny and if you can get past his seeming to be nervous all the time, I just love the guy...and I gotta ask...are any of you are familiar with the actor, Danny Aielo....because Rick Lang looks so much like him they could be brothers!!!
:)

What's wrong with a little new york neurosis by RL, shows you have lost your appreciation of things indigenous to NY cousin Joannie. :eek: :lol:

joanied
09-08-2008, 06:10 PM
What's wrong with a little new york neurosis by RL, shows you have lost your appreciation of things indigenous to NY cousin Joannie. :eek: :lol:

Hey 'cousin'.... no, no, no....I love:jump: it!! There's nothin' like good old NY neurosis...and with Rick Lang...it's especially endearing!!! I could watch him all day....his accent is much like mine...yeah, folks still know where I am from when I 'tawk' ;)

Hey, surely you know the actor Danny Aielo....don't ya think he could be RL's bro??

thespaah
09-08-2008, 07:35 PM

:)Jones is also a regular on HRTV. Apparently she was workiong for Capital District OTB during the saratoga meet. Her job was to host small segments of AM Saratoga

joanied
09-08-2008, 09:01 PM
thespaah,
I know that....but I beleive the guys were knocking her as a host... basically the reason I jumped in on this thread is that I love Rick Lang...they need to give him his own show... he's entertaining to say the least, and sure knows his s#**... and his memory is sharp as a tack... the guy is way:cool:
Rick Lang:jump: for president :D

saratoga guy
09-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Joanne spent the Saratoga meet working for HRTV/NYC-OTB -- although the show shared the set and production equipment with the Capital OTB-TV programs.

AM Saratoga was broadcast on the upstate and NYC OTB channels -- and was simulcast on HRTV.

I'm imagining however, by the title and the timing, that the original post in this thread refers to her return to HRTV proper...

foregoforever
09-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I can handle Joanne when she's paired with someone else on HRTV. But once in a while ... and I think on the day this thread started ... they let her run solo. And "run" is the right word. She really needs to take a breath once in a while. Jason Blewitt, though not nearly as annoying, has the same problem. I shudder to think what would happen if those two had a conversation.

On the other hand, I could listen to, and watch, Millie Ball for hours on end.

AM Saratoga was better with Rick and Howie. They could also use a better sound engineer ... one who knows something about wind-resistant microphones.

atonymania
09-08-2008, 11:50 PM
In the early days of TVG was two gentlemen called Exactorman and Mr. Lucky these guys were relentless in picking longshots, l learn some major handicapping angles from them.Does anyone know how to get hold of these guys?

Fingal
09-09-2008, 01:59 AM
I can handle Joanne when she's paired with someone else on HRTV. But once in a while ... and I think on the day this thread started ... they let her run solo. And "run" is the right word. She really needs to take a breath once in a while.

Hmm.............one question............who's her Father ? She learned all the tricks to take minutes to say something that could be said in seconds. :rolleyes:

v j stauffer
09-09-2008, 02:37 AM
In the early days of TVG was two gentlemen called Exactorman and Mr. Lucky these guys were relentless in picking longshots, l learn some major handicapping angles from them.Does anyone know how to get hold of these guys?

Exactorman is Brian Wayne he's a producer at TVG. He usually does The Quarters. You can call TVG. They'll give you his e-mail.

Mr. Lucky is John Nelson. He might be a bit tougher to track down. He's a freelance screenwriter. He does occasionally fill in as a producer at TVG. Same drill to track him down.

Good luck.

VJS

ManeMediaMogul
09-09-2008, 08:53 AM
For what it is worth, I think Joanne is great. She has been handicapping since she was in the fourth grade and certainly knows plenty about the sport. Her "Racetrack Divas" program has done a lot to introduce women to the Thoroughbred sport and to handicapping.

She is a beautiful woman as well...sexy and intelligent...the very best Daily Double combination.

SMOO
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Can somebody get that fat Hank Fishbrain off of ESPN?

I want to watch Jeannie Edwards and that guy's ugly face spoils the mood for me. :mad:

exactatom
09-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I am glad that someone started this thread about Joanne Jones. I have meant to post about her for some time. I find it EXTREMLEY annoying how she always tries to use time of the first quarter or half to handicap a race. Does she not realize that a track plays different speeds on different days depending on mositure, wind, class of horse, difference in racetrack/ race surface, etc? The same horse might be in front, but always trying to guess the time is ridiculous. I understand throwing an exercise boy on the back of a horse in the morning and saying work a half in 48, but I have never heard a trainer say in the paddock, "Let this horse run the first half in 45 and 2." No, he would say "take this horse to the front" or "sit close and make a single run". Why can't she just identify a speed horse a such instead of trying to assign a number value to the horse? I also find Millie Ball's accent very annoying. It is KEN tucky Derby, not KAN tucky Derby. She rooted so hard for Denis of Cork last year that she even talked about him in races he did not run in, instead of talking about who won the race.

joanied
09-10-2008, 07:49 PM

I want to watch Jeannie Edwards and that guy's ugly face spoils the mood for me. :mad:

OMG...I agree...I cannot deal with ol' Hank... hard on the eyes and hard on my nerves...he's rather a bore!!
Janeene Edwards is great.

Valuist
09-10-2008, 08:46 PM
OMG...I agree...I cannot deal with ol' Hank... hard on the eyes and hard on my nerves...he's rather a bore!!
Janeene Edwards is great.

Jeanine Edwards sucks. She's made countless of negative comments about handicappers. To her its about pageantry, not wagering. I don't care how she looks....she pisses me off.

saratoga guy
09-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Jeanine Edwards sucks. She's made countless of negative comments about handicappers. To her its about pageantry, not wagering. I don't care how she looks....she pisses me off.

Really? I think she does a great job, for the most part. Of course, this type of thing is all subjective.

But I don't remember her ever taking a shot at the handicapping/wagering side of the game.

thespaah
09-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Jeanine Edwards sucks. She's made countless of negative comments about handicappers. To her its about pageantry, not wagering. I don't care how she looks....she pisses me off.IMO Edward's stock as a horse racing commentator has taken a nose dive. He role has been reduced to that of a late in the 6 o'clock news fluff story correspondent.

thespaah
09-10-2008, 10:24 PM
For what it is worth, I think Joanne is great. She has been handicapping since she was in the fourth grade and certainly knows plenty about the sport. Her "Racetrack Divas" program has done a lot to introduce women to the Thoroughbred sport and to handicapping.

She is a beautiful woman as well...sexy and intelligent...the very best Daily Double combination.Ok everyone is entitled to their opinion...Beautiflul and sexy? Sheesh...Are you her husband?

cj's dad
09-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Jeanine is one of those rare individuals who is more attractive in person than on TV- Her eyes are absolutely piercing. I'm pretty sure she cut her teeth in Maryland and is married ? to some one from Pimlico/Laurel; agent-jockey-etc...

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Jeanine Edwards sucks. She's made countless of negative comments about handicappers.I make it a point to watch most if not all of the ESPN/ABC broadcasts, and I can't recall any negative comments she's made about handicappers. Are we watching the same telecasts?

Perhaps you have her confused with someone else...either that, or I need to get a new TV....

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2008, 04:55 AM
OMG...I agree...I cannot deal with ol' Hank... hard on the eyes and hard on my nerves...he's rather a bore!!Oh, I used to have the same opinion of Hank as you and everyone else....HOWEVER.....

I just LOVE the music ESPN plays whenever Hank is on-air making his selections these days...I actually laugh out loud almost every time I hear the Hank Goldberg theme song....

ManeMediaMogul
09-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Ok everyone is entitled to their opinion...Beautiflul and sexy? Sheesh...Are you her husband?

Not that lucky.

With how many women can you have a nice dinner, a bottle of wine and an engaging conversation about Thoroughbred racing?

Not many.

I think if you spent time with Joanne, you would find her a lovely and intelligent person - that is sexy to me.

toetoe
09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I take it she had access to good dental care ?

affirmedny
09-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Not that lucky.

With how many women can you have a nice dinner, a bottle of wine and an engaging conversation about Thoroughbred racing?

Not many.

I think if you spent time with Joanne, you would find her a lovely and intelligent person - that is sexy to me.

you'll have to ask Clinton Potts.......