PDA

View Full Version : Oh, that's ugly!

wonatthewire1
09-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Don't know if the markets are too happy with the R's ticket; no up days since the announcement and absolutely hammered today.

Could be a trade tomorrow, but with a hurricane a'coming over the weekend not something to go too long with...NASTY

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/charts/chartdl.aspx?Symbol=%24INX&CP=0&PT=1

46zilzal
09-04-2008, 05:51 PM
The great thing about the returns at a horse race: they have NOTHING to do with the "theoreticals" in the world.

ArlJim78
09-04-2008, 05:53 PM
right, it's because of the R's ticket that the market tanked today. i hope you are joking.

bigmack
09-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Don't know if the markets are too happy with the R's ticket
Do you have any interest in posting anything beyond that of simpleton?

In your vast knowledge, what does the "R's ticket" have to do with the market?

wonatthewire1
09-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, 2 guys in a row that can't read!

Deep breath - did ja notice anything about the first sentence?

C'mon, you can dig up pics of Einstein, putta couple of brain cells to work (conjecture perhaps?)...and just an observation from one who follows it everyday...

;)

bigmack
09-04-2008, 06:45 PM
As one who "follows it everyday" you sure is an ignoramus. Your continued drive-by innuendos are strictly playground material. You play jacks as well?

I'd best outro on you'o before I pass out'o from boredom.

wonatthewire1
09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
As one who "follows it everyday" you sure is an ignoramus. Your continued drive-by innuendos are strictly playground material. You play jacks as well?

I'd best outro on you'o before I pass out'o from boredom.

:sleeping: :ThmbUp:

Boris
09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Don't know if the markets are too happy with the D's ticket; no up days since the Democrat convention and absolutely hammered today.

Could be a trade tomorrow, but with a hurricane a'coming over the weekend not something to go too long with...NASTY

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/charts/chartdl.aspx?Symbol=%24INX&CP=0&PT=1

I corrected the typo in your post.

You're welcome.

wonatthewire1
09-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Hulbert weighs in on Market Watch (hopefully someone will flame him)

http://tinyurl.com/68oruv

from www.marketwatch.com

But then again, it could just be conjecture (?)

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2008, 03:40 AM
McCain shoots ahead in the polls, and market shoots up 300 points (or thereabouts). Coincidence?

Not to wonatthewire1! :lol:

wonatthewire1
09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
McCain shoots ahead in the polls, and market shoots up 300 points (or thereabouts). Coincidence?

Not to wonatthewire1! :lol:

LOL back at ya buddy!

Down 280 on the dow, and a whopping 3.4% on the SPX

And feel free to read the first entry in the series and advise as to the slant of the posting...just noticing a trend that was reaffirmed today...

If the banks can get their act together - maybe, just maybe we'll put in an actual bottom.

But it looks very likely that the last 8 years will net a zero or slightly negative number for the SPX - bad news for long term investors and older people. You can always argue with Hulbert (20+ years independently evaluating investment newsletters you know, the Hulbert Digest dude).
http://www.marketwatch.com/newscommentary/newsletters

:ThmbDown:

wonatthewire1
09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
The Nazzy has been getting clobbered

close on 8/29/08 (Fri) 2367.52

close today 2209.81

that's a drop of 6.6614% in 6 trading days

:eek:

SPX down 4.5462% over the same period

bigmack
09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
just noticing a trend that was reaffirmed today...
I made an observation the other day as well. Sheepish little fellows with little in the way of anything concrete like to skirt around issues and insinuate correlations between two disparate entities.

Stop mumbling and say something concrete. Otherwise, you'll be thought of as a timid little gnat. You're not are you?