PDA

View Full Version : is this an easy spot ?

sonnyp
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
red rocks, shakis, icy atlantic,proudinsky,baracola, silver tree...among 35 nominated for the monmouth stakes proposed BC prep for big brown.

are these the kind of horses his connections expected to face in bb's return to the turf ? this will be interesting !

cj
09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I smell a minor injury coming up. If not, I smell a loss.

joanied
09-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Let's wait and see... but this IS shaping up to be very interesting.

classhandicapper
09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Maybe they'll decide to train up to the BC. :D

menifee
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
He should be around 7-1 in that lineup. My guess is that he will be around even money come post time. Shakis has come back into form and there are some other nice turf horses in that lineup.

My hunch is that this race will be rained off the turf and he might end up racing against a bunch of nobodys.

sonnyp
09-04-2008, 07:09 PM
here's the really laughable part....... the condition of the stake is written so the $500,000 purse is in effect,only, if BB starts...otherwise the rest of these "bums" go for $200,000. in the anals of the sport with horses such as citation,secretariat,seattle slew,john henry,affirmed,spectacular bid at. all, has a chirade such as this ever been pulled off before ?

LottaKash
09-04-2008, 08:27 PM
here's the really laughable part....... the condition of the stake is written so the $500,000 purse is in effect,only, if BB starts...otherwise the rest of these "bums" go for $200,000. in the anals of the sport with horses such as citation,secretariat,seattle slew,john henry,affirmed,spectacular bid at. all, has a chirade such as this ever been pulled off before ?

tOO, tOO wEIRD...., what a joke....haha........:confused:

rufus999
09-04-2008, 09:48 PM
maybe they're runnung on astro turf. I assume you are implying this is a weak field?:confused:

rufus:9::9::9:

sonnyp
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
no rufuss, i'm implying just the opposite. these are very good turf horses. red rocks defeated curlin handily on the turf. i think it demeans this group of very accomplished racehorses to set the purse on a sliding basis pending the participation of bb.

rufus999
09-04-2008, 10:42 PM
no rufuss, i'm implying just the opposite. these are very good turf horses. red rocks defeated curlin handily on the turf. .

Yeah, I guess so... you see, I didn't see the red rocks/curlin race because I live in New York and, short of travelling to the track, I'm not allowed to watch live racing in my home state. :cool:

I did try to watch the replay on twinspires but the video stream kept freezing.
What else is new?:lol:

Ron
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I guess so... you see, I didn't see the red rocks/curlin race because I live in New York and, short of travelling to the track, I'm not allowed to watch live racing in my home state. :cool:

I did try to watch the replay on twinspires but the video stream kept freezing.
What else is new?:lol:

There are plenty of ways to watch live NY racing in NY.

Here's the replay:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/46118/red-rocks-rolls-by-curlin-in-man-o-war.htm

DrunkenHorseplayer
09-05-2008, 02:34 AM

Cigar scored his 16th in a row in a race written for him (Arlington Citation Challenge?) although he did face a half-decent field.

rufus999
09-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Here's the replay:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/46118/red-rocks-rolls-by-curlin-in-man-o-war.htm

thx:cool:

rufus999
09-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Other than OTB and the track, I don't know of any. What do you do?
BTW, I only live about 20 minutes from Belmont and Aqueduct. I just don't want to go there everyday.