View Full Version : HANA website is up

highnote
09-03-2008, 11:45 PM
http://www.horseplayersassociation.com/
Thanks, Jeff P!
Some links are not active, yet.

BUD
09-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I think the Donate link is not up yet....Unless its my pop up blocker..Not sure....Just letting you know....I definitely want to see this idea take off...

Bud

highnote
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I think the Donate link is not up yet....Unless its my pop up blocker..Not sure....Just letting you know....I definitely want to see this idea take off...

Bud

You're absolutely correct, Bud. Some links are not yet working. The website, like HANA, is a work in progress.

HANA can't accept money until a corporation is formed. It will take time to set up a corporation, but that process is in motion.

BIG RED
09-16-2008, 06:59 PM
How would a non computer person join up John?

Any hard address.

highnote
09-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Big Red,

That's a good question. I'll ask at tomorrow's HANA meeting if we have a hard address. It could end up being someone's home address or it could end up being a post office box.

Will let you know ASAP.

Thanks.

BUD
09-19-2008, 05:37 PM
For sickly dorks like me do you folks have any HANA meeting transcripts...

As much as I would like to join in on a meeting because of my current health I have many limitations.......The need to turn in early is essential for me.......But I would like to do what I can....And understand the issues--if that be possible....

Thanks

highnote
09-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi Big Red,

So far, we don't have a hard address given that we are internet based.

Thanks.

John

highnote
09-19-2008, 07:23 PM
For sickly dorks like me do you folks have any HANA meeting transcripts...

As much as I would like to join in on a meeting because of my current health I have many limitations.......The need to turn in early is essential for me.......But I would like to do what I can....And understand the issues--if that be possible....

Thanks

BUD,

Thanks for your interest in helping out. HANA will be needing volunteers to help with some actions. We'll have some announcements in the very near future.

We have not been meeting in the War Room lately so we don't have meeting transcripts.

We have a few organizational loose ends to tie up and then we will begin moving on a few things.

You can always check the HANA website for updates.

Thanks,

John

BIG RED
09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
ok John, I'll pass it on. Just a few old timers who don't do the net.
thx

DeanT
09-27-2008, 02:55 PM
We have added a logo and plan to place it on some gear. Hopefully soon.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CG5TVR2hGjE/SN545Euy-PI/AAAAAAAAACM/jUadYKR1se4/S692/Untitled.jpg

DeanT
09-27-2008, 03:03 PM
The blog has also been streamlined and updated. Hopefully people like it.

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/

chickenhead
09-27-2008, 03:10 PM
looks great Dean :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
09-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Great Logo! Kudos to the designer! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Indulto
09-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Dean,
Blog is now much easier to read and to scroll through. Logo is catchy.

Good work by all involved. :ThmbUp:

rrbauer
09-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Cool logo (Denver Bronco fans will love it) and solid content. Keep on truckin'.

BUD
09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
We have added a logo and plan to place it on some gear. Hopefully soon.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CG5TVR2hGjE/SN545Euy-PI/AAAAAAAAACM/jUadYKR1se4/S692/Untitled.jpg

Wow! You gotta be kidding me! That is awesome!!!!Really!

Definitely have a plan and get it on some gear before the Holidays......That on a tee shirt.....Bad @$s......

If it was available now I would order a coffee mug and a tee.....Great Job.

I'll be looking forward to getting better and sporting that on a tee..

DeanT
09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks Bud. We will have something soon. We are just working on getting that with a better resolution.

We should have mugs, caps and t shirts for now. What little we might make on such items will go into our bank account. There are some costs involved in this, so that would be a nice shot in the arm.

I am going to order a bunch, and I know other members will too, so maybe we can get the ball rolling a bit. I think it is something unique to wear to the track and it will hopefully catch on.

hoovesupsideyourhe
09-29-2008, 08:19 PM
NICE LOGO

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Mind if I put the logo on the home page with a link to the HANA website? (Something tells me you won't mind, but I feel the need to ask anyway....)

highnote
10-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Mind if I put the logo on the home page with a link to the HANA website? (Something tells me you won't mind, but I feel the need to ask anyway....)

PA,

Thanks for asking. Please feel free to put it on your home page! I don't think anyone from HANA would object.

John

DeanT
10-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks Mike. You are a good guy. Appreciated.

BIG RED
10-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Great looking logo......a hat and a spring jacket for me :jump:

GameTheory
10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Please note that the "official" domain is ".org", not ".com" (even though .com will redirect to the proper one) when creating links...

BIG RED
10-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I presumed you wouldn't mind, but I added your HANA url to my own blog. I do feel I should tell you, and let me know if it isn't ok.

BillW
10-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I presumed you wouldn't mind, but I added your HANA url to my own blog. I do feel I should tell you, and let me know if it isn't ok.

:ThmbUp:

DeanT
11-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Just checking the database and we had a nice sign up day today of five people. That's great. Sometimes a comment on the sign up sheet kinda catches your eye. Here is one tonight from a recent member. I really think it is just this simple. Horseplayers have a way of cutting to the chase:

Good idea - hope it has an impact. I have been in the utility industry for over 30 years and, even as a regulated monopoly, we dont ignore our customers the way this industry does. The lack of industry leadership and cooperation, especially given the state of the current economy and alternative forms of gambling, is mind boggling. The powers that be seem to have a death wish. Fortunately, the sport itself is so great, I believe it will survive. I just wish I could bet on any track at any time regardless of where I live - this is 2008.