PDA

View Full Version : Wishing I could bet after the race too!

porchy44
09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Watching Penn National races online from twinspires. Several exacta prices come
down 10 to 20 seconds AFTER the race is run . Example is race 4 ,Sept 3. The
6-5 exacta is paying 30 dollars. 15 seconds after horses cross the line the exacta payout changes to 24 dollars. I really hope it is just money coming in
legitimately late from other wagering hubs but statistically speaking some of these exacta should go up once in a while.

jhilden
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes, this is money coming in from off the track. And no, the odds usually do not go the other way for low priced horse(s) at Penn. If it does happen, it is very rare.

Check out the pool totals for Penn 15 minutes before post time. For win, the pool usually is $6-7K. Once the race is under way, the pool hits 30K, and the money keeps rolling in while racing.

This is a horrible track for late odds changes. Many times I see a fav at 6/5 going to the gate drop down to 3/5 at the wire. I once fell for the odds at 10 minutes to post. I bet on a horse that was 8/1 and he finished at even money.

njcurveball
09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I would love to meet the players who had the "key to the lock box" and were content to just bet enough to take an exacta from $30 to $24 (assuming no one else bet it late).

The race you refer to had an 8 horse field. The winner split horses down the lane and certainly was not a "gate punch". So they are sitting there watching the horses finish 6-5-8-4.

Superfecta pays $636, Trifecta pays $131, two longest shots on the board are out. AND do you know how big the takeout is on those bets at Penn?

If these are the guys who are betting "at the wire", God Bless Them! :ThmbUp: