PDA

View Full Version : NY Friday.

Suff
03-13-2003, 09:43 PM
I made a few shinkles today and was looking forward to parlaying that into another good day on Friday. But a peruse through the card stole all my enthusiasm.......There are few races I like though. Other than that. I'm going to get the Gulfstream card after this post and probably play that card tommorrow and sprinkle in the few I like at NY.

Race 5

They got a wee bit of moisture today.. But track was fast. Its supposed to be 35 and sunny tommorrow. I think I'll cap to a CONCRETE fast track.

And thats why I am tossing the 6-5 ML favorite in the 5th. Quiet One is 7 Year old. Prefers the inner wet. Is 0 for 4 on the inner.. 1 for 8 at the distance. Been beaten by a couple in here.. I'm tossing right off the whole ticket tommorrow...and thats no small feat considering he's 9 for 12 ITM Lifetime and 3 for 4 ITM on the inner.

If the track comes up the way I think. #2 Sophisticated MAN is the one to beat and I'm pretty sure that it will be bet that way. I think Soph Man will bet bet heavier than that ML fav anyway. He's installed at 9-5. Hunch says he's sent at 7-5 and Quiet man at 2-1. But we'll see. I like two others to make the ticket and make it a price play.

#4 Tarek. (6-1) One of my watches. Cashed alot of tickets off horses that have worked beside her. I've noticed that if you have beaten Tarek in the AM..... you've done well in the afternoon. I've just checked the AM works day to day. Noted the Horses that beat him....and bet them and done OK. Hope to see him at about 6-1....... Last couple look like he's a front end type...but he was caught in the slop and I think they changed the game plan based on track condition and the field. the horse can rate..and both his Triple digit Beyers have come when he rated and stalked the pace. Lopez is up....and that leads me to believe they may try a front end steal... But the horse is Versatile and tough.....and he's 5.....really matured and ready to compete at this level. They might...just might ignore him a bit and let him sneak out at 8-1. Trainers having a Great meet... 39 starts 7 wins and 20 of his 39 starters have been in the trifecta. That should be 21 of 40 after tomorrow. This horse looks ready for a Career best effort tommorrow.

#6 Bedroom Kisser (8-1) I'm realy curious how the bettors will treat this one at the windows. If they look at him the way I see him...He might be 5-1. If they take him on face value...he could get away at 10-1 or better. This is a Deep closer with 3 NY efforts. His first two he saw a 24.3 and the next he saw a 24.1 and both 1/2 Mile times were equally slow. But when he finally got a 1/4 mile he could run at he ran a MONSTER.... and even then it was only a 23 flat. There isn't a CLEAR 22 horse in here...but there are three that want or need to be on the front end...... and even in this small field.... I expect to see some Heat up front. I really think this one has a great chance to take it all at a price..... and he'll do it the way i enjoy...... Roaring down the stretch at $20.00 bucks or better. Martin is having a Carreer meet 14 of 47. The horse got a lil tune work last week,,, he's in light at 111.....and I like him.

Race 5....... Prices demand you box.....I like them 2-4-6.... Good luck