PDA

View Full Version : what are people thinking

HUSKER55
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Do you realize that Sarah Palin has made more EXECUTIVE decisions that affect more people than Obama ever has?

husker55

Dick Schmidt
09-03-2008, 05:35 AM
The guy who does the hiring and firing down at my local 7-11 has made more executive decisions than Obama.

Dick

Let us be thankful for fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed.

- Mark Twain

eastie
09-03-2008, 07:00 AM
he made the decision to run for Senator.....good decision
he made the decision to run for president....good decision

HUSKER55
09-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Anybody can talk the talk, but can can he walk the walk...No he can't.

But Sarah and John have.

chickenhead
09-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Is the guy at the 7-11 more qualified to be President than Fred Thompson?

- Mark Twain

Tom
09-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Slurpy-maker or night manager?

chickenhead
09-03-2008, 02:34 PM
As I managed the night crew at a Best Western back when I was first going to college, I just wanna know how I stack up on this whole executive experience thing since it seems to trump everything else. I know McCain hasn't had any executive experience for a few decades, Biden doesn't have any, neither with Obama. At least nothing as concrete as being in charge of a Best Western. I was a reformer with results as well, I moved us over to a cheaper brand of shampoo/conditioner. Saved us hundreds over a 10-year period.

I'm thinking it was a mistake not to throw my hat in the ring.

bigmack
09-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Is the guy at the 7-11 more qualified to be President than Fred Thompson?
Have you given as much thought to Biden as Palin? I'll assume you think he's much more "qualified" to be VP. He voted against the first gulf war when SH invaded Kuwait, he voted against the Reagan build-up that expedited the end of the Cold War and he voted against the surge. He was wrong, wrong & wrong.

Qualified isn't necessarily measured in years. I have reason to believe she would have voted right, right, right, had she been in Bidens sneakers.

I'll take lack of experience over wrong any day.

Tom
09-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm thinking it was a mistake not to throw my hat in the ring.

Well you can count on my vote.

chickenhead
09-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Have you given as much thought to Biden as Palin? I'll assume you think he's much more "qualified" to be VP. He voted against the first gulf war when SH invaded Kuwait, he voted against the Reagan build-up that expedited the end of the Cold War and he voted against the surge. He was wrong, wrong & wrong.

Qualified isn't necessarily measured in years. I have reason to believe she would have voted right, right, right, had she been in Bidens sneakers.

I'll take lack of experience over wrong any day.

I agree more or less. Lack of expereince is just something that is, it's not a disqualification. It's just something that needs to be put to rest so far as making people feel you're up to the task in a basic way.

Palin obviously has a chance to do that with me, what I've found striking however is the legion of relatively reasonable people who've immediately taken up with the idea that no scrutiny in that regard is required, as she passes their experience test. To me, looking at her record, that is ludicrous. Much more ludicrous than Obama, who's also subject to that same test for me, and who I still have some lingering doubts on. I don't have much doubt that McCain and Biden are up the job in a basic way.

When it comes to decisions, I agree also. My main problem with Obama is that I don't agree with many of his policies. I do not hear him proposing anything particularly new in the domestic arena, and I don't much like what I'm hearing overall. I'm not terribly happy with McCain either, but he's probably more in tune with what I have in mind, or at least he has been on and off over the years on a number of issues.

With Palin I can't say much either way, a couple day vetting isn't enough for me to claim to have a handle on her. What's irksome to me are those denying that any questions about her experience need be asked, that she is ipso facto up to the job on the strength of her resume. I just don't see that.

chickenhead
09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Well you can count on my vote.

Well I do have a pretty good record. In my latest executive act I took on the entrenched power structure (my girlfriend) and switched us over to Geico. Saved a bundle.

UncleBuck
09-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Joe Biden is more than wrong, he's a No Show. In April 1968, after FIVE (5)
student deferments, Joe Biden was classified 1-Y, whatever that is. He and
his running mate are No Shows where it counts.

wonatthewire1
09-03-2008, 06:08 PM

Hi Buck,

Did he copy the answers that Dick Cheney put down for his numerous deferments?

Or maybe copied from Rush...

Let us know when you get a chance & thanks in advance!

Won

wonatthewire1
09-03-2008, 06:09 PM
The guy who does the hiring and firing down at my local 7-11 has made more executive decisions than Obama.

Dick

- Mark Twain

:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Hi Buck,

Did he copy the answers that Dick Cheney put down for his numerous deferments?

Or maybe copied from Rush...

Let us know when you get a chance & thanks in advance!

WonDamn it man, I'm trying to stay awake here!

Light
09-04-2008, 02:48 AM

A 1-Y is the status you get when you failed the physical (he had Asthma) and can only be called in case of a national emergency. Bush and Cheney had no excuses for their deferments.

Speaking of on the job training. Palin was governor for only 20 months. In that short time she has managed to become currently under investigation over the dismissal of a Public Safety Commissioner in charge of an officer who was Palin's brother in law and is involved in a child custody battle with Palin's sister.The former Commissioner alleged that his dismissal was retaliation for his failure to fire Palin’s former brother in law. Palin's replacement of the Commisioner lasted only 14 days when it was revealed he had received a reprimand for sexual harrassment in his previous job. The investigation into this case is scheduled to be completed in October 2008,right before the election. Is this the kind of executive experience Palin fans consider an edge over Obama?

JustRalph
09-04-2008, 04:01 AM
A 1-Y is the status you get when you failed the physical (he had Asthma) and can only be called in case of a national emergency. Bush and Cheney had no excuses for their deferments.

Speaking of on the job training. Palin was governor for only 20 months. In that short time she has managed to become currently under investigation over the dismissal of a Public Safety Commissioner in charge of an officer who was Palin's brother in law and is involved in a child custody battle with Palin's sister.The former Commissioner alleged that his dismissal was retaliation for his failure to fire Palin’s former brother in law. Palin's replacement of the Commisioner lasted only 14 days when it was revealed he had received a reprimand for sexual harrassment in his previous job. The investigation into this case is scheduled to be completed in October 2008,right before the election. Is this the kind of executive experience Palin fans consider an edge over Obama?

Once again, Bush didn't get a deferment. He was a pilot in the National Guard.

Palin's brother in law Tasered his own 11 year old son during a domestic dispute. Drank Beer on Duty and Shot a Moose out of season, with his Duty Weapon........he beat her sister up in another domestic dispute..........from what I read..........if this is true.........what the hell?

If this is true, I don't know why she didn't fire a whole bunch of others.
Including the people who allowed him to continue to serve. She is the Chief of the State Police and she can fire any "at will employee" she wants.

Good for her.............

Secretariat
09-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Do you realize that Sarah Palin has made more EXECUTIVE decisions that affect more people than Obama ever has?

husker55

I love it. This BS the Repubs are buying into "disqualifies their own Presidential candidate" since McSame has no Executive experience. In fact Rudy used the same BS argument in the primary against him. Didn't work then either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY144owtG2k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-8-GTbggzw&feature=related

You do realize Lincoln had no "executive experience" as well while Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter had much more executive experience than 20 month Palin.

I guess when you're grasping for straws you keep grasping.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hcap
09-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Hey Sec you still voting repug? :bang: :lol: :D

Secretariat
09-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Hey Sec you still voting repug? :bang: :lol: :D

I must admit I'm worried. If figured McSame would choose someone with actual experience like Romney, or Lieberman or Kay Baily Hutchison or Libby Dole. This pick does worry me. I figured McSame would face the disasters of the Bush adminstration and the country would continue its economic spiral under the trickle down nonsense eventually leading to a return to 16 years of an FDR type renaissance with Dems from 2012-2026, but I must admit this decision of Palin just boggles my mind. How this woman will deal with commie China, and facing Putin, and the Mid-East is frightening. We've seen what a disaster Rice has been. This woman's record is pretty absymal for the common man across the board. I dont' want a full blown depression or her having access to the nuclear codes. Unfortunately, McCain's age does raise the possiblity she could take over. That is a very frightening possiblity. I mean she's hot, and looks good in a skirt, and sounds like the actress Frances McDormand, but is that enough, and will that imrpess Putin or the Saudis?

JustRalph
09-04-2008, 07:05 AM
I love it. This BS the Repubs are buying into "disqualifies their own Presidential candidate" since McSame has no Executive experience. In fact Rudy used the same BS argument in the primary against him. Didn't work then either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY144owtG2k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-8-GTbggzw&feature=related

You do realize Lincoln had no "executive experience" as well while Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter had much more executive experience than 20 month Palin.

I guess when you're grasping for straws you keep grasping.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, there were so many opportunities for EXEC EXPERIENCE in the 1850's?

I am sure there were tons of "executives" walking around during that time.

What a bunch of crap............they were citizen politicians. They didn't go to Washington for 20 plus years like Biden and McCain. They went home after and went back to farming etc.

rastajenk
09-04-2008, 07:10 AM
What has Romney, Hutchinson, or Dole done to impress world leaders? Or for that matter, Biden, H. Clinton, or any other Dems that were potential Veeps? If McCain and Palin surround themselves with people like Petraeus and Bolton, they'll do fine. If our next Prez selects stinky washcloths like Albright and Warren Christopher, then it will be time to worry.

Secretariat
09-04-2008, 07:17 AM
yeah, there were so many opportunities for EXEC EXPERIENCE in the 1850's?

I am sure there were tons of "executives" walking around during that time.

What a bunch of crap............they were citizen politicians. They didn't go to Washington for 20 plus years like Biden and McCain. They went home after and went back to farming etc.

Uh, you do realize there were "Governors" and "Mayors" in the 1850's? This is what the Repubs are citing as her executive experience. If it's just business we're referring to - then the car wash business her husband and she started went under because she failed to keep up with the required fees. Another example of her adept "executive and fiscal experience."

But I'm glad you agree about McCain's lack of executive experience though just as Rudy complained about it during the primary.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/02/palin_scrubbing_car_wash.html

"ST. PAUL -- In addition to being a mayor and raising four children, Sarah Palin found time for another venture in her Wasilla years -- she was part-owner of an Anchorage car wash.

Palin and husband Todd each held a 20 percent stake in Anchorage Car Wash LLC, according to state corporation records filed in 2004.

A review of Palin's gubernatorial disclosure filings indicates that she failed to report her stake in the company on the form that requires candidates for governor to disclose any interest in a nonpublicly traded company.

The car wash venture was not entirely smooth sailing. State records show the business ran into trouble with Alaska's division of corporations business and professional licensing after Palin became governor of the state in 2006.

A Feb. 11, 2007 letter to the governor's business partner advises that the car wash had "not filed its biennial report and/or paid its biennial fees," which were more than a year overdue.

The warning letter was written on state letterhead, which carried Palin's name at the top, next to the state seal.

On April 3, 2007, the state went further and issued a "certificate of involuntary dissolution" because of the car wash's failure to file its report and pay state licensing fees."

Frankly, I could have voted for McCain. I really am undecided now.

Secretariat
09-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Forgit this part:

"Palin's gubernatorial disclosure filings also reveal her involvement in another failed startup -- a marketing business which was to go by the name Rouge Cou, which evidently is a literal French translation of "red neck." On the 2005 form, Palin describes the firm as one for which she secured a license but did not conduct any business."

.................................................. ..............................................

A self professed red neck in a skirt with a pregnant teenager. The perfect Republican candidate.

rastajenk
09-04-2008, 07:31 AM
So what? If this is all you got, you ain't got much.

How many businesses has Obama started and/or succeeded with?

Secretariat
09-04-2008, 07:44 AM
So she's never been successful as an executive with a business, and in fact has gone under.

Next the McSame's campaign claims about her executive experience as commander in cheif of the national guard refuted by Maj. Gen. Craig Campbell , the service commander of the Alaska National Guard .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20080903/pl_mcclatchy/3035478

"Can you tell me one decision that she made as commander in chief of the Alaska National Guard ?" CNN journalist Campbell Brown asked Monday while interviewing McCain campaign spokesman Tucker Bounds . "Just one?"

Bounds couldn't, because Palin has never personally ordered the state guard to do anything.

Instead, here's what he said: "Any decision she has made as the commander of the ( Alaska ) National Guard that's deployed overseas is more of a decision than Barack Obama's been making as he's been running for president for the last two years."

However, the governor has no command authority overseas or anywhere in the United States other than Alaska , said Maj. Gen. Craig Campbell , the service commander of the Alaska National Guard .

"When members of the National Guard are federalized, they work for the president," Campbell said Wednesday. "It's not just overseas. They could be federalized to go to other states or they could even be federalized in the state."

So one, she's failed as an executive in business. Two, she left her only mayorial job with a 20 million dollar debt after inheriting a surplus. Three, "Palin has never personally ordered the state guard to do anything." so has no experience in that regard, Four, she is under an ethics investigation by her own Republican legislature and is being sued by the Troopers Union.

This really is more of Bush isn't it?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"When the subject is a pregnancy to an unwed, minority teenage mother growing up in some (presumably Democratic) urban area, that pregnancy becomes fodder for lectures from conservatives about bad parenting, the perils of welfare spending and so on. But when the subject is a pregnancy to an unwed, white teenager from some small town in a Republican state, that pregnancy is...a celebration of the wonders of God's magnificence--and choosing life!"

-Thomas Schaller

http://www.salon.com/src/pass/sitepass/spon/sitepass_website_refresh.html

JustRalph
09-04-2008, 07:46 AM
yeah, they hate her so much in Wasillla that they filled the sports bars to watch her speak..........keep digging...........

The fact that you guys are digging so hard........means she is a real threat.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4671858.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00393/ALASKA_PIXEL_SIZE_3_393221a.JPG

Overheard comments included: "I was on the fence and now I'm blazing the McCain trail" (a middle-aged woman) and "I wasn't excited until this, now I'm all fired up" (a grey-haired man). Meanwhile, at a table directly underneath one of the TVs, Lu Sackett, 70, wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the image of a grizzly bear and a floppy hat decorated with flag pins waved his burger in appreciation when Palin laid into the Democrats' tax plans.

"She's like a moose going after a cabbage," he marvelled.

A woman at Mr Sackett's table pointed out that Mrs Palin knows how to 'field dress' a moose (which means skinning it and chopping it up after killing it, so that you can take the meat home to make stew). "All Alaskan women know how to field strip a moose," said Mr Sackett, nodding. "Besides, she ain't attackin' anyone," he added. "She's just tellin' it how it is."

The bar roared with approval when Track Palin, 19, who recently enlisted in the US Army and will soon to be deployed to Iraq,appeared on camera. "Look!" someone shouted from the crowd. "Track can't believe he's on TV!"

More hilarity ensued when Piper Palin, 7, appeared to spit on her hand and use it to smooth down the hair of Trig, her baby brother. They cheered again for the appearance of Palin's husband, Todd, otherwise known as the 'First Dude'. With Palin's every line of argument, someone shouted "Good Point!", "Yeah!", or "Ser-rah! Ser-ah! Ser-rah!"

Among those who couldn't make it to the Tailgaters bar was Lynette Clark, chair of the Alaskan Independence Party, who last night issued an apology for incorrectly claiming that Palin was once a member of the pro-separatist group. In fact, only Todd Palin was ever a member."

Whether McCain/Palin win or lose, I think we might hear from Sarah down the road. She is only in her mid 40's..........

RaceBookJoe
09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
The dems are scared to death, what went from laughs last week are now gasps. They had to scramble and throw Biden on all of the shows today to do damage control. they are a joke. Remember, they already have their excuses ready....#1 - we want mccain in so we can prove that he is a failure blah blah blah .. #2 - this is just so hillary has a chance in 2012

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Secretariat (the poster, not the horse) is a despicable American. He's publicly admitted here to wanting to vote for a candidate he believes will do only more damage to America. Is that unbelievable?

Instead of voting for the candidate he thinks might HELP America, and thus bring this country back to a better standing FASTER, he would rather vote for the candidate he thinks will HARM AMERICA MORE, just so his party will be looked more favorably upon for more years to come (under his warped view).

Can you believe this? Is this what America is about? Is this why McCain and everyone else who has ever worn the uniform of the United States of America risked it all?

And to top it all off, Secretariat (again, the poster, not the horse) is a sexist bastard (his rant on Palin and Rice is pure misogyny)...as Cyndi Lauper once sang, your true colors are shining through Sec...and it isn't pretty.

equicom
09-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Once again, Bush didn't get a deferment. He was a pilot in the National Guard.

It has been very widely reported that he was AWOL for an extensive period of his NG service. Also, many feel that by doing NG service he was avoiding the real thing.

I'm not stating an opinion here, just reporting what has been previously reported.

HUSKER55
09-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Secretariat you have a poor memory. Hillary and Bill were involved in Whitewater which is nothing to be proud of and made the news. Bill was a womanizer and cheated on his wife and Obama uses dope but then again so did Bill and I would imagine Hillary was there for that as well.

You seem to complletely ignore the fact that Hillary did nothing and she did not stand up for what was right. PALIN HAS ! She is being chastised for doing that. But then again if I was married to Bill I probably wouldn't give a damn either

Hillary was so desperate for power that she tolerated his crap just to tag along instead of paving her own way. How cheeky is that?

Oh and lets us not forget the stories that abound when he was govenor. Of Course, Hillary did nothing then either. But then again If I was married to Bill.....

What has Obama tried to do? He is a slick talker and an organizer has done what?

McCain has fought for America and flew off a carrier. No small feat. Has Obama done any service or even applied. Hell he won't even put his hand over his heart when our anthem is played and for a while he wouldn't wear an American Flag lapel pin. Read the other threads.

Oh thats right... "GOD DAMN AMERICA" is that going to be the democrats battle cry.

Do you have seperatin issues with your mother?

Do you hate apple pie?

hcap
09-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Frankly, I could have voted for McCain. I really am undecided now.Some more on McCain & Co. not vetting BEFORE the nomination. McSames first important decision as a presidential nominee. Shows us how poor McSames judgment is, and brings up the question of what exactly HIS finger on the nuclear button will do.

I repeat: you guys are whistling past the graveyard.

http://www.bartcop.com/day-bridge.jpg

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/

"PALIN AND THE PRESS....Judging from his public statements shortly after he announced Sarah Palin as his running mate, John McCain thought she had opposed the Bridge to Nowhere. She hadn't. He thought she had sold the state's executive jet on eBay and made a profit on it. On both counts, she didn't. He thought she had cut taxes as both mayor and governor. She hadn't. He apparently thought she had fully explained her part in pressuring the state police chief to fire her ex-brother-in-law. She hasn't. He thought she was an enemy of earmarks and federal pork. In fact, she was a pioneer of both. And now Marc Ambinder confirms that Palin is being kept deeply under wraps:

A senior McCain campaign official advises that, despite the gaggle of requests and pressure from the media, Gov. Sarah Palin won't submit to a formal interview anytime soon. She may take some questions from local news entities in Alaska, but until she's ready — and until she's comfortable — which might not be for a long while — the media will have to wait. The campaign believes it can effectively deal with the media's complaints, and their on-the-record response to all this will be: "Sarah Palin needs to spend time with the voters."

The McCain campaign is scared to death. They knew nothing about Palin before they announced her, they relied on a cursory vetting process that has turned out to be shot full of holes, they realize now that she has no settled views on any issue of national importance and could blurt out anything at any time, and they're terrified about what might crop up next. So they're keeping her in the deep freeze.

Will it work? I guess it's possible. If she does one or two friendly interviews it will prevent reporters from saying flatly that she "refuses to meet with the press," and the slightly more complicated explanation may be just complicated enough to keep voters from noticing what's going on. In a way, it's sort of a test of just how gullible the American public really is. Are they actually willing to vote for someone who's afraid to meet with Foreign Affairs, the New York Times, and Meet the Press? Will they accept a tissue-thin excuse about what big meanies they all are? We're about to find out."

hcap
09-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Question for Tom and JR and any other "conservative" here.

Many of you have said that you are sitting this election out. Not liking, as Tom says "Juan McCain". Has the nomination of Palin changed your mind? Will you now be voting? Has the appeal to the base worked?

Oh yea I forgot this.....

Rudy Giuliani said the other night, attacking Barack Obama's readiness to lead,

...he's never run a city, never run a state, never run a business. He's never had to lead people in crisis.

Rudy Giuliani last year, attacking John McCain's readiness to lead. Giuliani said McCain:

...has never run a city, never run a state, never run a government. He has never been responsible as a mayor for the safety and security of millions of people...

....Americas' Mayornase

JustRalph
09-06-2008, 07:57 AM

Many of you have said that you are sitting this election out. Not liking, as Tom says "Juan McCain". Has the nomination of Palin changed your mind? Will you now be voting? Has the appeal to the base worked?

I told my wife 3 days before McCain announced his choice that the only way I would vote for him is if he chose Thompson or Palin...........

wonatthewire1
09-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Some more on McCain & Co. not vetting BEFORE the nomination. McSames first important decision as a presidential nominee. Shows us how poor McSames judgment is, and brings up the question of what exactly HIS finger on the nuclear button will do.

I repeat: you guys are whistling past the graveyard.

http://www.bartcop.com/day-bridge.jpg

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/

"PALIN AND THE PRESS....Judging from his public statements shortly after he announced Sarah Palin as his running mate, John McCain thought she had opposed the Bridge to Nowhere. She hadn't. He thought she had sold the state's executive jet on eBay and made a profit on it. On both counts, she didn't. He thought she had cut taxes as both mayor and governor. She hadn't. He apparently thought she had fully explained her part in pressuring the state police chief to fire her ex-brother-in-law. She hasn't. He thought she was an enemy of earmarks and federal pork. In fact, she was a pioneer of both. And now Marc Ambinder confirms that Palin is being kept deeply under wraps:

A senior McCain campaign official advises that, despite the gaggle of requests and pressure from the media, Gov. Sarah Palin won't submit to a formal interview anytime soon. She may take some questions from local news entities in Alaska, but until she's ready — and until she's comfortable — which might not be for a long while — the media will have to wait. The campaign believes it can effectively deal with the media's complaints, and their on-the-record response to all this will be: "Sarah Palin needs to spend time with the voters."

The McCain campaign is scared to death. They knew nothing about Palin before they announced her, they relied on a cursory vetting process that has turned out to be shot full of holes, they realize now that she has no settled views on any issue of national importance and could blurt out anything at any time, and they're terrified about what might crop up next. So they're keeping her in the deep freeze.

Will it work? I guess it's possible. If she does one or two friendly interviews it will prevent reporters from saying flatly that she "refuses to meet with the press," and the slightly more complicated explanation may be just complicated enough to keep voters from noticing what's going on. In a way, it's sort of a test of just how gullible the American public really is. Are they actually willing to vote for someone who's afraid to meet with Foreign Affairs, the New York Times, and Meet the Press? Will they accept a tissue-thin excuse about what big meanies they all are? We're about to find out."

Looks like we've got our work cut out for us then to get to the bottom of all this.

I thought I saw somewhere on the board that she cut taxes and sold the plane on ebay for a profit. But somewhere in there - the ebay thing seemed a bit reckless - sort of new wave to be just um, new wave.

I may have to rethink my vote - though we only save $12 on Barry's tax plan and $7,900 on McCain's - the ethics stuff could turn out to be vitally important.

Tom
09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by hcap

I reject your premise. Nothing "worked." I will not vote for McCain, but I will vote for the ticket, because Sara looks to be in our future. I want here pushed along as far and fast as possible. She may well be our president before 2012. Republicans, unlike dems, have realized that their party was hijacked and are doing something about it. You guys just move further to the left withmore fringe nutjobs.

Tom
09-06-2008, 10:49 AM
yeah, they hate her so much in Wasillla that they filled the sports bars to watch her speak..........keep digging...........

The fact that you guys are digging so hard........means she is a real threat.

Some dem bimbo called her the Killa from Wasilla, trying to insult here. I like it. It says something. Keep it.

A chant for the Killa from Wasilla:

Shoot and kill,
Dig and drill,
If the libs won't do it,
Sara will!

bigmack
09-06-2008, 11:13 AM
The McCain campaign is scared to death.
This, according to Mother Jones :lol:

If for nothing else, I'm diggin' the Palin pick just to see loons like yourself with their panties in a bind. Your whole camp is running around "people want answers to these questions". The stench from the lot of you soiling yourselves is thick.

rastajenk
09-06-2008, 01:49 PM
No shit (pun-like reference intended). While hcap et al comfort themselves by saying the Palin pick is an act of desperation, the real desperation is on the faces of the loony left that got blindsided by an all-out blitz.

wonatthewire1
09-06-2008, 07:41 PM
ebay jet sale at a profit was a BS story...wonder what else will come out in the coming weeks...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/06/politics/animal/main4422397.shtml

Tom
09-06-2008, 09:21 PM
I thought Al Gore bought it.

JustRalph
09-07-2008, 03:01 PM
you guys are sure digging deep to try and make her look bad.

It only speaks to the fear this woman puts in your hearts.........

chickenhead
09-07-2008, 03:18 PM
you guys are sure digging deep to try and make her look bad.

the bridge to nowhere stuff is pure bullshit....I'm pretty sure lying is what makes people look bad, not the expose. The McCain campaign is basically running against Palin's experience, the small town/state relentless lobbying to suck the Federal teat dry.

the first words out of her mouth on the national stage is a stone cold lie, and she's some penultimate bastion of public integrity. Right....

Steve 'StatMan'
09-07-2008, 03:40 PM
ebay jet sale at a profit was a BS story...wonder what else will come out in the coming weeks...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/06/politics/animal/main4422397.shtml

Okay. She did sell the plane. She did list it on ebay. It was not sold via ebay. It sold for $2.1M. It was a used plane that originally cost $2.7M.

I don't know if she claimed there was a profit, that part of the story might have gotten embellished by anyone out there. The $2.1M back to the state had to help. Don't know if she said she SOLD it on Ebay, or PUT it on Ebay.

In any event, glad she sold it, and the critisism over the details is a non-issue to reasonable thinkers.

bigmack
09-07-2008, 03:44 PM
the first words out of her mouth on the national stage is a stone cold lie, and she's some penultimate bastion of public integrity. Right....
What does "penultimate bastion of public integrity" mean?

Sounds like she did a flip-flop on the bridge and tried to take credit for the flop portion. Know many politicians that haven't?

Greyfox
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
This thread is : What are people thinking?

Zogby says today they are thinking:

The Ticket Horserace

McCain-Palin

49.7%

Obama-Biden

45.9%

Others/Not sure

4.4%

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1548

o_crunk
09-07-2008, 04:41 PM
who knows what *the people* are thinking, surely not zogby, or any other poll - they've been consistently inconsistent for awhile now. zogby couldn't even get an exit poll right 4 years ago, how are they going to call this 60 days out...right. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i don't normally post in these political thread but i started reading from this one and it reads like a collection of bad talking points from the very right and left of the blogosphere.

what i think you can count on going forward is that palin will probably make some gaffes on the trail as speech versus questioning, debating are very different beasts. think there is a youtube like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r90z0PMnKwI moment down the pike for this one as she's never been under the national microscope. just a gut feeling.

JustRalph
09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
The biggest problem will be dealing with Palin in the future..........not the present election cycle...........that's the good news for conservatives.

Tom
09-07-2008, 05:39 PM
To those who question Sara's qualifications.....what was Obama's claim to fame? A speech at the convention a couple of years ago. Since then, what has he done? Campaigned.

Boris
09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
who knows what *the people* are thinking, surely not zogby, or any other poll - they've been consistently inconsistent for awhile now. zogby couldn't even get an exit poll right 4 years ago, how are they going to call this 60 days out...right. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i don't normally post in these political thread but i started reading from this one and it reads like a collection of bad talking points from the very right and left of the blogosphere.

what i think you can count on going forward is that palin will probably make some gaffes on the trail as speech versus questioning, debating are very different beasts. think there is a youtube like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r90z0PMnKwI moment down the pike for this one as she's never been under the national microscope. just a gut feeling.

I think the left is hoping for something more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww&feature=related

dav4463
09-07-2008, 05:57 PM
You ever notice that the polls only really matter as long as Democrats are in front?

chickenhead
09-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Sounds like she did a flip-flop on the bridge and tried to take credit for the flop portion. Know many politicians that haven't?

She's not a politician bm. She's just your average homemaker hockey mom doing the Lord's work. Isn't that the speil?

I assume that must be true, since pointing out that she is in fact just another lying, self serving, hypocritical politician amounts to some kind of astounding personal attack, the likes and odiousness of which has never been seen before.

I guess I don't really care anyway, California is no swing state it's not like my vote counts for much beyond my own interest. I'll probably lodge another protest vote again this year, I've yet to post a ballot in favor of any Dem or Repub presidential candidate.

bigmack
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I guess I don't really care anyway, California is no swing state it's not like my vote counts for much beyond my own interest. I'll probably lodge another protest vote again this year, I've yet to post a ballot in favor of any Dem or Repub presidential candidate.
I'm with you, Chumly

Secretariat
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Secretariat (the poster, not the horse) is a despicable American. He's publicly admitted here to wanting to vote for a candidate he believes will do only more damage to America. Is that unbelievable?

Instead of voting for the candidate he thinks might HELP America, and thus bring this country back to a better standing FASTER, he would rather vote for the candidate he thinks will HARM AMERICA MORE, just so his party will be looked more favorably upon for more years to come (under his warped view).

Can you believe this? Is this what America is about? Is this why McCain and everyone else who has ever worn the uniform of the United States of America risked it all?

And to top it all off, Secretariat (again, the poster, not the horse) is a sexist bastard (his rant on Palin and Rice is pure misogyny)...as Cyndi Lauper once sang, your true colors are shining through Sec...and it isn't pretty.

You misstate my position.

You state: "He's publicly admitted here to wanting to vote for a candidate he believes will do only more damage to America."

I've stated "Neither" candidate will be able to fix the problems created by the Bush administration. The damage is done. The next President will be blamed for Bush's messes when things don't get better. If you honestly think drilling will keep gas prices under control the next four summers you're functioning under an illusion. If you think the mortage crisis is going to get better next year, you're mistaken. Already with the nationalization of Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac, taxpayers are picking up at least 10-25 billion more of taxes. Now either that's going onto the debt or means something needs cut. Now since McCain has said Soc. Security isn't going to be changed and he wants to stay in Iraq, and Afghanistan will involve an escalation, the costs are going to have tobe made up. With so many people out of work taxpayer revenues are not coming in from those people.

So, my beleif is that for things to get better in America long term it is going to take a realization by the American people what exactly this whole Bush trickle down mess has caused. You should be happy. If McCain is elected he'll give the rich exactly what they want, and the middle class will continue to see their wages stagnate.

I am looking long term for America, and it is going to take hard times until America begins to realize this. So I'm not voting for a candidate to HARM AMERICA MORE (People who voted for Bush have already done that). I'm voting for a candidate that will unfortunately bear the brunt of the Bush record. I'd rather see McSame bear that brunt since he was a part of it 90% of the time. Long term this will eventually lead to a better America as 2012-2026 should lead to an FDR Democratic Party type renaissance.

ElKabong
09-08-2008, 01:03 AM
I think a lot of folks here are missing the point about Sarah. She's revved up a voter base that the repubs haven't had great success with (women,- working, & stay at home moms). The women I work with are absolutely giddy over her entire presence and toughness. A lady I work with is conservative, her mom is ultra liberal. Her mom will vote Mccain-Palin, the first time she's ever voted for a repub on any race.

The break room at lunchtime the past 2 weeks has been a freekin political mini rally for Sarah amongst the femmes.

If you discount the impact she's having, it's at your own risk. She may just well implode on the trail (I think obama will at some point), but to deny the energy this woman has created is sheer ignorance of what's happening among voters that represent a major force in the election.

bigmack
09-08-2008, 01:31 AM
I think a lot of folks here are missing the point about Sarah.
They're not missing the point. They're in denial.

Political chess is in effect and the last move apparently has the opponent facing a skewer

riskman
09-08-2008, 01:58 AM
The McCainiacs, are touting Palin's position as commander-in-chief of the Alaska National Guard and her proximity to the Russia to highlight her readiness to take the helm in the Situation Room. Next we will be hearing tales of Commander Palin's Naval decisions when confronted with Russian king crab boats that are in the Bering Strait. :D

The Palin choice is really all about the internal politics of the GOP, as much as it is about the arrogance of McCain's handlers.(Rove at work?) With the party led over the cliff by the neocons, whose Iraq adventure has cost them control of Congress(do nothing Dems are pathetic and even worse)) and likely the White House, it was necessary to start anew. By reaching back into the party grassroots, and playing the gender card, the neocons could retain control of the GOP instead of being blamed for its demise – and, perhaps, hold on to the White House.

It's a big gamble, because Palin's unreadiness to be President, in the event of McCain's untimely demise, is all too apparent. Far from injecting a youthful note into the campaign, Palin's physical presence next to the Old Man only underscores his advanced age – and the prospect of President Palin staring us in the face. If that doesn't scare voters, then nothing will. Do not fret, Wonder Woman will saves us all!

ArlJim78
09-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Palin is scaring off voters?:eek:

maybe from the Obama ticket.

bigmack
09-08-2008, 02:40 AM
The Palin choice is really all about the internal politics of the GOP, as much as it is about the arrogance of McCain's handlers.(Rove at work?)
:lol: :lol:

Hot diggity dog. Had I known what a hilarious riot this reaction to Palin would have been I would have been rootin' for it from the word G-O.

JustRalph
09-08-2008, 06:17 AM

Hot diggity dog. Had I known what a hilarious riot this reaction to Palin would have been I would have been rootin' for it from the word G-O.

I actually had that discussion on the phone with a friend a few days before McCain picked her. My buddy predicted a "National enquirer style" attack.

But we both blew it off because we thought McCain didn't have the balls to pick her. Amazing...........what has happen!! :lol:

She gets credit for just stirring up the left............ if you ask me.

Secretariat
09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Palin is a better and younger looking version of Cheney lite. Pro gas and oil, only essential message is to drill. Lied about Bridge to Nowhere in her only major speech to date. Touts her executive experience, but as Mayor of Wassila chose to place the town n debt to build a sports compelx that is in the red to this day leaving a small town with a 20 million dollar debt. A town that didn't even have a sewage treatment facility, and she chose to build a sports complex???? A woman known for a reliance on pork earmarks trying to paint herself as a maverick. A woman who raised the state sales tax, while lowering corporate property taxes. She is more of the same. Robin Hood in reverse. Take from the poor and give to the rich.

Now having said that. I think it is a fantastic decision by the Republicans in retrospect. Everyone likes a package that is gift wrapped nicely on thir birthday. It makes one smile until we open it and see what's inside.

She's a lightweight despite having foreign policy experience of living in a state next to Russia and being tutored by Joe Liberman for a week. But I give it to the Repubs here. They campaign well, they unfortuantely govern dismally.

ArlJim78
09-08-2008, 10:58 AM
She's a lightweight despite having foreign policy experience of living in a state next to Russia and being tutored by Joe Liberman for a week. But I give it to the Repubs here. They campaign well, they unfortuantely govern dismally.
Alaskans seem pretty happy with the way she is governing, 80% approval.

Tom
09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
So Sec, how is Obama not a lightweight?

bigmack
09-08-2008, 12:30 PM
While your answering that, could you also let us know how you don't think the Dem's govern dismally?

Tom
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Mac, I think their secret is to not govern at all.:D

prospector
09-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Mac, I think their secret is to not govern at all.:D
two years of the"do nothing" no, we can't congress...
pork is on the daily menu...for both parties, yet we sent the same ones back every two years..who are the dumb ones?

equicom
09-08-2008, 02:37 PM
The women I work with are absolutely giddy over her entire presence and toughness. A lady I work with is conservative, her mom is ultra liberal. Her mom will vote Mccain-Palin, the first time she's ever voted for a repub on any race.

Disgusting. Sexism in action in the worst possible way. I've nothing against people voting for Palin because they agree with her, but to do so simply because she is a woman is a disgrace. They should be ashamed to think that way. That's as bad as some people not voting for her because she's a woman.

Plus of course there's the fact that the VP doesn't have any real power anyway. If something happens to McCain, I'm sure they'll try to Regan him if they possibly can.

Secretariat
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Alaskans seem pretty happy with the way she is governing, 80% approval.

She's got a lot of pork for the state in earmarks. Stevens has too. He's been indicted but is popular. People are happy when you bring home pork for your state such as the Bridge to Nowhere.

Secretariat
09-08-2008, 03:29 PM
He is a lightweight. So is Palin.

Secretariat
09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
While your answering that, could you also let us know how you don't think the Dem's govern dismally?

Pretty simple. Add up debt incurred under Republican adminstrations, and those under Democratic administrations. Check how the markets do under Republican administrations and Demcoratic admisntrations. Check how median wages grow under Republican administrations and Democratic administrations.

Republicans talk about fiscal responsilbity, and then do exactly the opposite. They borrow and spend. THey put off paying bills because they manipulate taxpayers with the lure of msaller taxes while incurring huge debt with added interest.

That's not governing, that's passing the buck to future generations. Republicans are horrible with money. From Neil Bush to now John McCain';s own son.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/03409c8c-7d46-11dd-8d59-000077b07658,dwp_uuid=a58b7ee6-1c23-11dd-8bfc-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

Republican red faces as regulators close bankBy Andrew Ward in Washington and Joanna Chung in New York

Published: September 8 2008 03:11 | Last updated: September 8 2008 03:11

A bank with ties to the family of John McCain was shut down by federal regulators on Friday, marking the 11th US bank failure this year and threatening to cause ripples across the presidential election campaign.

Andrew McCain, son of the Republican presidential nominee, was a director of Nevada-based Silver State Bank until resigning in July for “personal reasons”.

He was a member of Silver State’s audit committee, which has responsibility for overseeing the bank’s financial accounts"

Tom
09-08-2008, 04:01 PM
He is a lightweight. So is Palin.

Well than it makes sense to go with the cute one.:D

ElKabong
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Disgusting. Sexism in action in the worst possible way. I've nothing against people voting for Palin because they agree with her, but to do so simply because she is a woman is a disgrace. They should be ashamed to think that way. That's as bad as some people not voting for her because she's a woman.

I posted WHY women were hyped about Sarah --her presence and her toughness. However you jump to a conclusion that they "do so simply because she's a woman" based on (ADD/ lack of attention/ lack of willingness to read a post before leaping to a wrong judgement) what?

There are reasons women are jazzed up. Geraldine Ferraro didn't do the trick for some reason. Hilary was a force in the woman voter group. Sarah seems to rise above them all judging by the things I've heard personally. There are reasons for it, just hear them out in person and on air. Chances are they've looked into her background, her beliefs, her stances while in office, her views on family, and they like what they see.

Like I said to begin with, "a lot of folks here are missing the point about Sarah". Proof positive.

fast4522
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
John McCain is a middle of the road guy, perhaps a tad more than I like, but a good man who I really think cares about where we are today. I also think he looks at every day in its own light which may sometimes differ with his own party. I think he selected this person on two major counts or more. First one is that she can lead and will also look at every day in its own light as he does with issues. Second is he knows she will do as she is told and the country will speak with one voice, his. Its time to put hate because of skin or skirt aside and understand that we can be a better cross section of the country than one might see on the news.

Tom
09-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Good point. I posted here - before the crash - that I did not like Bush, but that I would vote against Gore. I reasoned that Bush would put together the better TEAM, which is what run our nation - a TEAM of experts, not a single person winging it. MY warmest feelings were that Dick Cheney was #2 on that team, a proven national defense guy with political experience, to guide and counsel "W"....I was proven correct in my assessment. McCain obviously will put together the better team, and Sara will be well served should she have to step up to the plate. I have no fears at all in her possible becoming president.

I shudder to think what kind of a team Obama will put together. Quit-o-crats, dfeatists, surrender monkeys....the dems are a shameful bunch.

ArlJim78
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I shudder to think what kind of a team Obama will put together. Quit-o-crats, dfeatists, surrender monkeys....the dems are a shameful bunch.

i always think about things like that, what in the world would an Obama cabinet look like? :eek:

can you say secretary of state Dennis Kucinich?

NJ Stinks
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Good point. I posted here - before the crash - that I did not like Bush, but that I would vote against Gore. I reasoned that Bush would put together the better TEAM, which is what run our nation - a TEAM of experts, not a single person winging it. MY warmest feelings were that Dick Cheney was #2 on that team, a proven national defense guy with political experience, to guide and counsel "W"....I was proven correct in my assessment. McCain obviously will put together the better team, and Sara will be well served should she have to step up to the plate. I have no fears at all in her possible becoming president.

I feel so much better now. Thanks, Tom. (Pick an icon.)

bigmack
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I feel so much better now. Thanks, Tom. (Pick an icon.)
You won't rest easy anytime soon. The big bad Rep. boogymen are still out there ruining the idyllic life you deserve to have.

BOO!

fast4522
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
OK, my nasty side

Uncle Teddy is on his last leg, and he needs a winner.
Nancy needs a new face lift, will she run for president in four years?
Great grandpa McGovern is sure NoBama will win more states than he did.
Daschle, Gephardt, Gore and the gang are all pulling the strings and control NoBama and his campain, and want big jobs in return.
Make no mistake, these folks want to rule you, and feel they know what is better for you than you do. In the end all that will be given to the needy will be bird seed from either party. Hillary got beat by NoBama because less people believed it Takes a Village. My question is, who will stay out of my yard and leave me alone the best.

JustRalph
09-10-2008, 02:55 PM

Plus of course there's the fact that the VP doesn't have any real power anyway. If something happens to McCain, I'm sure they'll try to Regan him if they possibly can.

read a little insight on why they will vote for her

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/09/AR2008090903045_pf.html

Btw, in a CNN poll she beat Biden by over 35 points............

OBama is wishing he had a do over

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2008, 04:27 AM
OBama is wishing he had a do overJudging by Biden's comments on Hillary yesterday, he just might get a do over...can you say OCTOBER SURPRISE, Dem style?

Perhaps a little health scare is in store for Biden (maybe two of his three remaining viable hair plugs will fall out unexpectedly) and they exchange Biden for Hillary late in the game...

Nah...this can't happen...the Dems can never seem to win the big prize, even when the odds are so seemingly in their favor. 2004 should have been a slam dunk and they lost. 2008 should be an even bigger slam dunk, and they put up the worst ticket imaginable in terms of a general election.

fast4522
09-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Gents, what is with the new icons, I get the 911 thing but we miss the chimp

PaceAdvantage
09-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Gents, what is with the new icons, I get the 911 thing but we miss the chimpDon't worry, the chimp will return soon enough....

HUSKER55
09-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Maybe in grade school but not while running for the President of the United States. What the hell ! I fired a missle by poor judgment---can I have a do over?? Oh that's right,..."GOD DAMN AMERICA".

Obama will never admit he made a mistake, (ok-another one). To do so on this important issue would prove he is definitely not presidential timeber.

As stated before on this board, anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

Face it, the dems screwd the pooch again. Anyone who thinks you can "spend yourself rich" is in trouble.

HUSKER55

:)

boxcar
09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Judging by Biden's comments on Hillary yesterday, he just might get a do over...can you say OCTOBER SURPRISE, Dem style?

Perhaps a little health scare is in store for Biden (maybe two of his three remaining viable hair plugs will fall out unexpectedly) and they exchange Biden for Hillary late in the game...

Nah...this can't happen...the Dems can never seem to win the big prize, even when the odds are so seemingly in their favor. 2004 should have been a slam dunk and they lost. 2008 should be an even bigger slam dunk, and they put up the worst ticket imaginable in terms of a general election.

And the megabytes of irony is that the Dems are so out of touch with mainstream America that they believe this is a "dream ticket". They have presented to the American people -- and indeed to the entire world -- "the Messiah". The man who's going to right all the wrongs, who's going to change everything around and set America on the golden utopian path.

Hillary and NoBam? Not very likely. They can't stand one another. Besides, both are egomaniacs. They would clash with each other constantly.

Moreover, if it were to happen, NoBam would have to hire a team of tasters before any food or drink ever touched his lips. Vince Foster would always be lingering in the back of NoBam's mind. :D

Boxcar

Greyfox
09-12-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.comics.com/editoons/eallie/archive/images/eallie2040758080909.gif.

RaceBookJoe
09-12-2008, 02:16 PM

Barack : "Hillary uh uh uhm my my my teleprompter isnt on and I dont know what to say, can you call me later, by then I will at least be getting my ass handed to me in the polls some more. At least that idiot at MSDNC is on my side". rbj

Tom
09-12-2008, 03:06 PM

HILLARY! SLAP ON SOME LIPSTICK AND GET OVER HERE RIGHT AWAY!

Greyfox
09-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Well done guys. You got me :lol: :lol:

bigmack
09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
HILLARY! SLAP ON SOME LIPSTICK AND GET OVER HERE RIGHT AWAY!

Greyfox
09-12-2008, 11:27 PM
http://bovinefeces.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/lipstickpig.jpg

Puhleeese. You pork chop posters are anti-porcine. PETA please take note.

HUSKER55
09-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Love it !:lol: :lol:

husker55

:)

hcap
09-13-2008, 06:16 AM
What Obama said about dressing up McSame

http://www.dbaldinger.com/opinion_cartoons/fourth_page/images/tn/lipstick-pig_tn.jpg

What McSame said during the repug debates.....

"“I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I’ve been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism. “I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn’t a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn’t a governor for a short period of time.”

Secretariat
09-13-2008, 11:57 AM
What Obama said about dressing up McSame

http://www.dbaldinger.com/opinion_cartoons/fourth_page/images/tn/lipstick-pig_tn.jpg

What McSame said during the repug debates.....

"“I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I’ve been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism. “I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn’t a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn’t a governor for a short period of time.”

Hcap,

I had planned on voting for McSame because I figured he'd be pretty much Bush lite. But the man has flip-flopped becoming more and more extremist over the last three months that it is becomign scary. I was preparedto overlook it as much as I could with someone like Romney on the ticket, but with his selection of an inexperienced right wing wacko like Palin on the ticket I cannot support the ticket as I beleive she is a national security danger. Obama is a lightweight as well ,but wil lnot be in a rush to get us involved in a foreign war.

At this poitn I am backing off my McCain vote, and am declaring myself undecided at this point.

Tom
09-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Well, there goes the balance of power!

Greyfox
09-13-2008, 12:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/Rokketmania/Pig-Barack-Obama--36545.jpg.

Barack : "Welcome on board Sec."

robert99
09-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Far right sisters fall out.
Today from UK's far right newspaper opinion writer:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/09/12/do1209.xml

"Barack Obama should ignore Sarah Palin
By Genevieve Fox

To be described as possessing a fair whack of chutzpah is usually a good thing. Used Stateside, it denotes a character who confronts challenges head on when the rest of us would stand back. Step forward Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin won't be in the limelight for long
For a nano-second after the Alaskan governor was air-lifted into the spotlight, one hoped that her Barbie Doll credentials were matched by her intellectual ones; that an incisive mind lay, dormant, beneath all that old-fashioned hair; that she could rise to the mighty occasion.

Admittedly, the revelation that the ex-Toy Town mayor was a home-loving, passport-eschewing, gun-toting Creationist (hardly suggests an open mind, does it?) who kills God's blessed creatures - the noble bear, the majestic moose - challenged such optimism.

Last night's performance confirmed our worst fears: Sarah Palin's chutzpah is outstripped not only by her ignorance, but by a mind that cannot compute the world's complexity and the role of the country she could one day lead within it.

Even a high school student would have a better grasp of Iraq than she does. And more intellectual curiosity. Can she really never have seen fit to travel further than Mexico, Canada, Germany and, latterly, Iraq? "

Greyfox
09-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Far right sisters fall out.
Today from UK's far right newspaper opinion writer:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/09/12/do1209.xml

"Barack Obama should ignore Sarah Palin
By Genevieve Fox

"

As Greyfox, I'm always interested in articles by anyone with G. Fox.

But robert99, surely you're putting us on.
What qualifications does Genevieve Fox have to comment on World Affairs?
She's an Arts and Culture Critic isn't she? In one column on the net, she wrote:
"Churlishly I glanced across at the lemon baby doll tops (£34.99); you'd have to pay me to wear it, I thought. As for the remaining sequinned cardies (£119.99, yes really), let's just say I could see Camilla Parker-Bowles in one."

Surely, there are more heavy weights than Genevieve Fox in Britain that could be cited, not that they're right of course.

Tom
09-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Britain is still in denial about the messy affair in the Colonies, ya know.
Greyfox, you lft home without your make up! :lol:

robert99
09-13-2008, 05:43 PM
As Greyfox, I'm always interested in articles by anyone with G. Fox.

But robert99, surely you're putting us on.
What qualifications does Genevieve Fox have to comment on World Affairs?
She's an Arts and Culture Critic isn't she? In one column on the net, she wrote:
"Churlishly I glanced across at the lemon baby doll tops (£34.99); you'd have to pay me to wear it, I thought. As for the remaining sequinned cardies (£119.99, yes really), let's just say I could see Camilla Parker-Bowles in one."

Surely, there are more heavy weights than Genevieve Fox in Britain that could be cited, not that they're right of course.

How about Sam Fox - she'd make an excellent VP?
http://www.perfectpeople.net/celebrity-star/133/samantha-fox.htm

How can I be putting anyone on? - just reporting what was in the most right wing newspaper in UK. They sit flameside, to the right of Ghenghis Khan and Dick Cheney. The point is not about her political credentials but that she is commenting on what she sees as the "women's issue" aspect of Palin viewed from the extreme right wing from where it was published. I presume she is "qualified" as a women. Heavyweights are held back to comment on house prices, holidays, wine, gardening, investment, cooking, racing and football.

Concerned for your safety, are you allowed to make sexist remarks on women's views in USA and still live?

robert99
09-13-2008, 05:57 PM
"Britain is still in denial about the messy affair in the Colonies, ya know."

Well Tom, if thought of as a fellow endangered species then we have survived and prospered surprisingly well ever since. Hope your kith and kin do likewise in Borneo. If they would only stop drilling those onshore palm oil seeds, y'all would be OK. That's federal parliamentary monarchies for you. :ThmbDown:

Tom
09-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Give it up, robert ...the set set decades ago.

hcap
09-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Hcap,

I had planned on voting for McSame because I figured he'd be pretty much Bush lite. But the man has flip-flopped becoming more and more extremist over the last three months that it is becomign scary. I was preparedto overlook it as much as I could with someone like Romney on the ticket, but with his selection of an inexperienced right wing wacko like Palin on the ticket I cannot support the ticket as I beleive she is a national security danger. Obama is a lightweight as well ,but wil lnot be in a rush to get us involved in a foreign war.

At this poitn I am backing off my McCain vote, and am declaring myself undecided at this point.Some more bs about Palins' so-called expertise.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/13/palin-alaska-energy/

"On Wednesday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) defended Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s “experience does she have in the field of national security” by asserting that “she knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America.” McCain’s claim to Palin’s expertise was undercut the next day, however, when Palin severely overstated Alaska’s energy production in an interview with ABC News’s Charlie Gibson.

Challenged by Gibson on her “national security credentials,” Palin cited her experience as the governor of a “state that produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy” as a credential that she “brings to the table“:
PALIN: Let me speak specifically about a credential that I do bring to this table, Charlie, and that’s with the energy independence that I’ve been working on for these years as the governor of this state that produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy, that I worked on as chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, overseeing the oil and gas development in our state to produce more for the United States.
But, as the non-partisan FactCheck.org points out, Palin’s claim about Alaska producing 20 percent of America’s domestic energy supply is “not true. Not even close.” In fact, “Alaska’s share of domestic energy production was 3.5 percent.”

Oops.

Greyfox
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Some more bs about Palins' so-called expertise.

hcap,third from left side (as viewed) in a previous incarnation, calls "B.S.!"

http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/8/4/25/f_rastafarianm_fd6e8dd.jpg.

hcap
09-14-2008, 05:58 AM
BS?

FACT: Palin Did Not Venture Further Into Iraq Than It's Border With Kuwait

"In The Second Official Revision Of Her Only Trip Outside North America," Palin Aides Concede That Her 2007 Visit To Iraq "Consisted Of A Brief Stop At A Border Crossing."

"Sarah Palin's visit to Iraq in 2007 consisted of a brief stop at a border crossing between Iraq and Kuwait, the vice presidential candidate's campaign said yesterday, in the second official revision of her only trip outside North America. Following her selection last month as John McCain's running mate, aides said Palin had traveled to Ireland, Germany, Kuwait, and Iraq to meet with members of the Alaska National Guard. During that trip she was said to have visited a 'military outpost' inside Iraq.

The campaign has since repeated that Palin's foreign travel included an excursion into the Iraq battle zone. But in response to queries about the details of her trip, campaign aides and National Guard officials in Alaska said by telephone yesterday that she did not venture beyond the Kuwait-Iraq border when she visited Khabari Alawazem Crossing, also known as 'K-Crossing,' on July 25, 2007…It was the second such clarification in as many weeks of the itinerary of what Palin has called 'the trip of a lifetime.' Earlier, the campaign acknowledged that Palin made only a refueling stop in Ireland." [Boston Globe, 9/13/08]

Greyfox
09-14-2008, 07:29 AM
So what. I've never been to Antarctica but I know it's cold there.
Hcap as you've got lots of opinions about the world, how far into Iraq have you been?

lsbets
09-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Grey -

Hcap's worried. Scared shitless because of Palin. He's finally seeing what I've been telling hmi for a while, Obama has no shot. He has a visceral hate for Palin. Maybe its because of the election, maybe its because she's too old for him. He seems to prefer the prepubescent girls.

HUSKER55
09-14-2008, 02:11 PM
If Sarah went to Iraq then which channel aired the program? They publisided Obama for him so where is Sarah's recognition for her show as you put it?

Obama was grand standing for a bunch of democrats who are journalist and you know it. BTW you do know that MSNBC replaced two journalist for one sided reporting. Got the point?

Give it up.

robert99
09-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Short visits to countries that are stage managed are not of much worth at all in understanding that country, which takes several months of living there, travelling around and speaking to a wide range of people face to face.
The Queen always complains of smelling wet paint wherever she goes.

None of the candidates have that depth of up to date knowledge save Obama in a few countries and none have anything like the experience of what it will actually be like as President or VP. That unique job is probably only grown into with plenty of help from others. Palin has the courage to speak her convictions with firm diplomacy and that surety of communication is always helpful. The Democrats can accomplish that as well.

What must make it worse for McCain/Palin to actually achieve their clean up campaign as "We're not Republican Republicans" is that the "others" now outside the tent are the media, Big Oil, lobbyists and their other ineffective or corrupt Republicans - all of whom have been cast off as wanting or un-American. The People seem to be expecting and have been promised change but if that takes time, the media and others turn and then you get back to the deeply unpopular President scenario and even deeper cynicism. Both parties can get on with allies which helps trade and intelligence but the problem is who can actually mend the divisions in USA so all parts move forward in cooperation together?

wonatthewire1
09-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Short visits to countries that are stage managed are not of much worth at all in understanding that country, which takes several months of living there, travelling around and speaking to a wide range of people face to face.
The Queen always complains of smelling wet paint wherever she goes.

I wonder if the Queen would mind visiting our house at the Jersey shore, been trying to get my wife to agree to a painter getting started this entire summer!!!

:faint:

robert99
09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I wonder if the Queen would mind visiting our house at the Jersey shore, been trying to get my wife to agree to a painter getting started this entire summer!!!

:lol:
The Queen pays two outward State visits each year, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh. During her reign, The Queen has visited countries which no other British monarch has ever visited. I am sure on that basis a visit to the Jersey shore (if syringe free) could be fitted in - have you a colour scheme in mind?

Points of protocol to bear in mind: The Duke does not mind the term "shoobie" but would prefer not to be referred to formally as a "benny". The Queen is a great fan but would prefer "Asbury Park" to be played rather than "4th of July". Do we need to bring cutlery?

Tom
09-14-2008, 07:35 PM

There's already too many queens in Jersey! :eek:

wonatthewire1
09-14-2008, 08:00 PM
:lol:
The Queen pays two outward State visits each year, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh. During her reign, The Queen has visited countries which no other British monarch has ever visited. I am sure on that basis a visit to the Jersey shore (if syringe free) could be fitted in - have you a colour scheme in mind?

Points of protocol to bear in mind: The Duke does not mind the term "shoobie" but would prefer not to be referred to formally as a "benny". The Queen is a great fan but would prefer "Asbury Park" to be played rather than "4th of July". Do we need to bring cutlery?

she should be fine, it is in Rumson, sort of like Jersey's version Newport or Southampton Beach...I'll try to make sure that Bruce keeps the noise level down

JustRalph
09-14-2008, 11:17 PM
There's already too many queens in Jersey! :eek:

barn32
09-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Grey -

He's finally seeing what I've been telling him for a while, Obama has no shot.I know where you can get all the action you want on that bet.

hcap
09-16-2008, 08:57 AM
I guess another plank of the repugs is open for criticism. Hey guys try not to call these former U.S. secretaries of state "Traitors/Dims/Commie/Lib/Terrorist sympathizers". And while your at it, stand on your tippietoes and see if you can see Russia. You too Javert.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2008/09/five_former_us_state_secretari.php

" Five former U.S. secretaries of state said Monday the next American administration should talk to Iran, a foe President Bush has generally shunned as part of an "axis of evil." ...

The five -- Colin Powell, Madeleine Albright, Warren Christopher, James Baker and Henry Kissinger -- all said they favored talking to Iran as part of a strategy to stop Tehran's development of a nuclear weapons program.

... Dealing with Iran has become an issue in the November presidential election campaign, with Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain sparring over Obama's stated readiness to talk to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and other U.S. adversaries if elected president.

McCain has criticized Obama's stand, saying it shows naivete and inexperience."

Tom
09-16-2008, 09:09 AM
O'Bama said without prior conditions. That is naive.
Or has he flip-flopped on that?

And hcap, there is a difference in talking and surrendering. Dems surrender.

ArlJim78
09-16-2008, 09:11 AM
low-level talks with Iran is a smart thing to do, and I'm sure McCain would agree. what you don't do, and what isn't smart, is for the president-or president to be- saying that he will sit down and talk with Iran without any conditions.
if low level talks lead to a framework for some kind of understanding or agreement, then you could have the president sit down with them, but at this point it would take something historic for that to happen with Iran.

you don't send the president of the United States on a world tour to sit down with any old tin pot dictator or otherwise trouble maker without weakening the US position.

hcap
09-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Talking to your enemies does not mean surrender.
Reagen and Gorbachev.
George HW and Gorbachev.
Kennedy ( Democrat ) and Khrushchev.
Nixon and Khrushchev.
Roosevelt ( Democrat ) and Hitler

I guess the were traitors. And showed naivete and inexperience.

ArlJim78
09-16-2008, 09:38 AM
:bang:

and people wonder why Democrats are never trusted for commander-in-chief anymore.

hcap
09-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah, that's why this fellow is trusted oh soooooooo much.
Oops a repug.

http://pollkatz.homestead.com/files/approval-data_files/zzzmainGRAPHICS_14808_image001.gif

:bang: :bang: :lol:

ArlJim78
09-16-2008, 09:51 AM
that says a lot about Gore and Kerry doesn't it.:lol:

Bush was elected twice over even bigger fools.

hcap
09-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Mostly by bigger fools who voted for him.

Gee maybe if McSame announced to the public "I am your next George W Bush", he would win by a landslide. Maybe you should email Grandpa?

Tom
09-16-2008, 09:59 AM
hcap, when one of the talkers is a dem, it certainly is surrender!

Dingy Harry
Mutha
Pelsoi

hcap
09-16-2008, 10:16 AM
hcap, when one of the talkers is a dem, it certainly is surrender!

Dingy Harry
Mutha
PelsoiHistory shows otherwise. Mostly talking first then bombing.
There have been exceptions tho'

Is this surrender?

Bombing of Marine barracks in Beirut Oct. 23, 1983
Four months after the Marine barracks bombing, U.S. Marines were ordered to start pulling out of Lebanon. No bombing. Did Reagan surrender?

Meanwhile the no fly zone overflights you used as a justification for war BTW, consisted of 100s' of thousands of missions and resulted in ZERO US casualties, but hundreds of innocent Iraqi civilian deaths

Tom
09-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Stay on topic, hcap. We're talking today, the current cast of Quito-crats. Them ones who did everything in their power to try to lose the war in Iraq. O'Bama, who is willing to keep troops there until 2012 instead of 2010, because he wants them to DELAY a negotiated withdrawl unit after the elections. Shows you what a CNC this dope will make. Politics before our troops. Real class act.

JustRalph
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
If I was Prez. I would sit down with Iamadinnerjacket and it would last about a minute. Just long enough for his interpreter to tell him I said:

"Back off or a Missile comes through your window soon.................."

end of discussion.