PDA

View Full Version : Good appraisal of Repub convention

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/cafferty.republicans/index.html

prospector
09-02-2008, 12:21 PM
there is no such thing as a good appraisal from cnn...
they are almost as bad as msnbc...strictly a left loon network..

Tom
09-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Jack Cafferty ????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The head loon himself!

Tom
09-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Excellent speeches last night.
I imagine Joe has a lot of dems ready to blow a gasket this morning! :lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the light side, Joe.....your common sense is welcome!

hcap
09-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Tom you are welcome to him. Just promise to hold on to him. :cool:

And while your at it, add his ugly mug to this.......

http://www.bartcop.com/mccain_no_maverick.jpg

Tom
09-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Sour grapes, hcap? :D

It figures the dems would try to get rid of Joe - he is one of them there "thinkers!"

Don't want any of them in the party.

Tom
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey hcap, you reminded me of something:

Can you tell me how Al Gore traveled to and from the DNC party? Did he use his big polluting jet and a gas-guzzler?

What do you suppose the carbon footprint of the fireworks was?

I am deeply troubled by possible assaults on our fragile environment. Can you help?

DRIVEWAY
09-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Cafferty refers to McCain as a feeble looking 72 year old white guy.

CNN claims to be objective in their political reporting. :confused:

hcap
09-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Sour grapes, hcap? :D

It figures the dems would try to get rid of Joe - he is one of them there "thinkers!"

Don't want any of them in the party.You are welcome to them there thinkers. He left the democratic party a while ago. Glad to see him go.

BTW, didn't McSame fly in to St. Paul today? Or did grandpa use a covered wagon? What about Gov Palin? A team of sled dogs?

Tom
09-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Consisitency is always apprecieated, hcap, many thanks for the sophmoric view of the election. Now, back to study hall with you.:rolleyes:

46zilzal
09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
The country is just about as divided as the first time I voted in 68. The winner of that election never got his name on the ballot box and thanks to the 2nd worst president of the past century, we languished in just about the same war as the brain dead rutabaga has been waging.

The country really needs a uniter and the one on the ballot might wind up just like that missing name in 1968 with the number of nutbars on the loose.

lamboguy
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
all i know is that the price of the election has come down since they started thsi republican convention. a matter of fact, the place that i have been following "thegreek.com" took it right off the boards. do you think they put up the wrong favorite in this election?

i do, and they got caught!

hcap
09-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy, both prominent conservative commentators get caught with open mikes.

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/?last_story=/politics/war_room/2008/09/03/noonan_murphy/

Former top McCain strategist trashes Palin pick

"Apparently some people still haven't noticed the cautionary example Jesse Jackson provided not so long ago and learned to shut up whenever they're wearing a microphone. On Wednesday, three people -- MSNBC's Chuck Todd, top GOP strategist Mike Murphy and prominent conservative commentator Peggy Noonan -- got caught having what they clearly thought was an off-the-record conversation about Sarah Palin, a conversation that defines brutal honesty. (You can listen to it below.) "

prospector
09-03-2008, 06:03 PM
give me a break...Mike Murphy is always on msnbc and nbc...you may consider him a conservative commentator...i don't

hcap
09-03-2008, 06:31 PM
From the link..Murphy's comments are especially interesting, because he was a key figure in John McCain's 2000 presidential run, and earlier this year there was speculation that he might join back up with McCain.

And what is Peggy Noonan? Chopped liver? :rolleyes:

From Wiki..
"a weekly columnist for The Wall Street Journal, and was a primary speech writer and Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan. She is considered a political conservative."

You guys are whistling through the graveyard.

Secretariat
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Why does Joe Lieberman have to update Palin on foreign policy? Can't the Repubs actually get a Republican to do that? Ready to Lead on Day One.

The Noonan revelation was something most of us know.

delayjf
09-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Why does Joe Lieberman have to update Palin on foreign policyFor the same reason that somebody will have to update Obama

hcap
09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Sec, the reason Palin is qualified on foreign Policy is according to FOX, she is the governor of the state closest to Russia!!!!

Whereas Obama did nada except stuff like dealing with Nonproliferation.

http://obama.senate.gov/press/070111-lugar-obama_non/

I guess Palin drove her fishing boat across the Bearing Straits and spoke with Putin?

I guess the Harvard Law Review President should have been a cheerleader instead like the gov. Oh crap we already tried that ala George W. Churchill.

hcap
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
This may be the real problem for Palin and McCain.
It seems she is avoiding being investigated big time.
The old story the cover up is worse.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/palin_aide_dodges_troopergate.php

delayjf
09-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I guess the Harvard Law Review President
So he was an editor of a school newspaper, I will give him credit it is "The" school newspaper and he co authored some nonproliferation legislation. If he got elected and Iran announced that they were developing nuclear weapons what do you think Barry would do?

richrosa
09-03-2008, 08:07 PM
The country really needs a uniter and the one on the ballot might wind up just like that missing name in 1968 with the number of nutbars on the loose.

Please tell us exactly what your guy (I assume Obama) is going to do to untite? I'm waiting to hear beyond platitudes and want to hear the specifics.

After that, please tell us what in Obama's past experience suggests that he may be able to pull off whatever his "uniting" plan is.

richrosa
09-03-2008, 08:09 PM
This may be the real problem for Palin and McCain.
It seems she is avoiding being investigated big time.
The old story the cover up is worse.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/palin_aide_dodges_troopergate.php

Why is the whole left fascinated with Palin? If she's no good, then the voters will decide and vote the ticket down. What are you worried about?

bigskyguy
09-03-2008, 08:17 PM
So he was an editor of a school newspaper, I will give him credit it is "The" school newspaper and he co authored some nonproliferation legislation. If he got elected and Iran announced that they were developing nuclear weapons what do you think Barry would do?

He would do the diplomatic thing and not out of the republican playbook of bombing first, then asking questions later or selecting a vice president and asking questions later.

lsbets
09-03-2008, 08:18 PM
The only thing Palin's inexperience does is highlight how truly inexperienced and unqualified Obama is. Community organizer? With no accomplishments. State Legislature? Voted present more often than not. U.S. Senate? Spent less than 200 days there and was campaigning the rest of the time - no notable accomplishments. The line being thrown out now that he is qualified because he has been running for a long time and has to think about the issues is laughable. He edited his school paper? Wow. Did he write anything? In his time as a law professor, how many scholarly papers did he wrote? The guy has spent a lifetime of doing nothing and getting by on charisma. And Palin highlights that, which is why the left is scared shitless of her.

RaceBookJoe
09-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Why is the whole left fascinated with Palin? If she's no good, then the voters will decide and vote the ticket down. What are you worried about?

I think the dems are worried that Palin's inexperience actually shines a huge spotlight on Obama's inexperience....warrented or not. rbj

lsbets
09-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Excerpt from tonight's speech:

"I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids’ public education better. When I ran for city council, I didn’t need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too. Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities."

hcap
09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
A somewhat negative view. But links supporting these points are provided.

http://thinkprogress.org/palin-digest/

bigskyguy
09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Uh oh. the National Enquirer wrote a piece about Palin's alleged affair with her husband's business partner.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/mccain-camp-battles-natio_n_123696.html

Before you believe it, though, remember this is the Enquirer. But as i recall they were dead on about the Edward's scandal. I still don't believe because most Republican sex scandals aren't heterosexual.

hcap
09-03-2008, 09:07 PM
It appears that too much vetting is being done after the fact. You gentleman used all sorts of false allegations against Obama. Before the Dem convention, I would estimate over 50% of off topic was dominated by all sorts of scurrilous untrue attacks on Obama and his wife.

Just deserts guys. What goes around comes around

As I said before you guys are whistling through the graveyard.
And the debates haven't even started. I would think that's the time for you gentlemen to really learn the fine art of whistling :cool:

RaceBookJoe
09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Not sure who will be whistling, but all the pressure is on the dems. If they cant win this year, of all years, especially after bush, then they might as well give it up. Reps have a battle, and to me it is, how will they face the question on the economy, and where to go and fix it. A million jobs could be created if they allow drilling, development of natural gas lines. Maybe thats why they went with an Alaskan, not to mention plenty of windy land to set up windmills like near palm springs. Obama's biggest battle to me is not his inexperience, but his tax plan. I think it may hurt him. Either way it works out, they are all puppets being manipulated and in turn manipulating. rbj

wonatthewire1
09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Either way it works out, they are all puppets being manipulated and in turn manipulating. rbj

I thought they were guided by ideology and personal (or spiritual) belief?

...now you've got me thinking!

NJ Stinks
09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Questions I'm pondering as I watch tonight on C-SPAN:

Is there anything sadder than a Young Republican? Seriously. Is there?

Is ex-CEO Fiorina's only real concern keeping the top tax bracket at 35%?

Is Fiorina kidding me or did she just say that McCain will let the business sector sort out all our problems like health care, the mortgage crisis, and the cost of fuel? Ah Carly, that plan has been tested recently.... and the results are laughable.

Didn't seem like Romney's heart is into it. Wonder why? He must realize that Palin's credentials blow him away! :lol:

Huckabee just said he's a Republican because he didn't want to wait for the government to come rescue him. That must play well in the heartland but it doesn't mean squat where I come from. As a matter of fact, NJ citizens pay a ton of federal taxes that don't come back to NJ but go to help places like Huckabee's Arkansas. Amazingly, while we are supporting Huck's home state, we haven't bought the conservative bs in years. Yep, no Republican senator in NJ in over 36 years and no Republican presidential candidate has won in NJ since 1988.

Yet the people Huckabee will sell tonight think their money is supporting government giveaways in NJ. How sad and how pathetic.

RaceBookJoe
09-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I thought they were guided by ideology and personal (or spiritual) belief?

...now you've got me thinking!

Sorry about that haha. All this crap has really got me thinking also though. I feel our strings are always getting pulled. Sometimes pulled in a good/prosperous way, and sometimes in a bad way just so we dont get to comfortable. When all else fails...start a war. Just look how the stock market is and always has been...up then down. No reason that anyone should go hungry, but used to pull more strings. I have read some conspiracy type things and when I combine that with what I see...some pieces start to fall into place. In politics...you see the same same names over and over.....kissinger,cheney etc. Also read disturbing things about how Hitler got his ideas from american policies(which is known by many people), internment camps being built here in the US etc.....but that is another story. It just shows that what you see isnt/may not be really what is going on. keep on thinking. rbj

chickenhead
09-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Here's a clue: The Democrats and the Obama campaign will attack her on ANYTHING, because they can, and McCain has given them a huge opening by nominating an national unknown in that she's going to get defined RIGHT NOW, so of course they are trying to hit her RIGHT NOW. They are going to hit her on anything they think might stick. Experience isn't a new issue for the Obama campaign, it wasn't introduced by Obama 4 days ago, he's been facing that charge all along, from Hillary and now from McCain. Of course they are going to use that against her in return. Her resume makes it a very attractive argument (to most rational people) just as it's been an effective argument against Obama.)

And here's clue #2: The Republicans, who also don't know anything about her, are going to pugnaciously insist she's Joan of Arc meets Wonder Woman meets, I don't know, Nanuck of the North.

It's a political campaign, not a session on Dr. Freuds couch. This new meme that I've seen pop up about 10 times in different places today and reiterated by lsbets, it sounds nice so long as you willfully ignore this is a political campaign, and this is how they work.

Only the people on the streets actually believe all this bullshit they feed us. Never mistake the posturings of the party and the talking points for reality. They construct narratives and make arguments based on what they think we will bite on.

chickenhead
09-03-2008, 10:22 PM
here's my other prediction: the very same people who have been extremely critical about Obama supporters for being so stupid as to support him just for making good speeches, saying they've been mesmerized by a magician, accusing Obama of having a Hitler-esque way of turning his listeners into droning zombies, are going to show up in here fawning over how great Palin is and what a great job she'd do, after hearing a singular speech from her.

I don't claim to be above it, I too sip from the chalice of nonsense and self serving...it's just good to remember that's what we're doing, is all.

Tom
09-03-2008, 11:06 PM

Here's a clue - many of us do not want any uniting. We want the angry new left destroyed. We will not unite with those who seek to destroy our nation, and the dems are the worst enemy this country has. They are against this country 100%. We will not compromise with the lunatic left.

ArlJim78
09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Palin had a few good lines. I especially liked when she said that although Obama has authored two memoirs, he doesn't have a single legislative bill or reform to his name.

Tom
09-03-2008, 11:15 PM
here's my other prediction: the very same people who have been extremely critical about Obama supporters for being so stupid as to support him just for making good speeches, saying they've been mesmerized by a magician, accusing Obama of having a Hitler-esque way of turning his listeners into droning zombies, are going to show up in here fawning over how great Palin is and what a great job she'd do, after hearing a singular speech from her.

I don't claim to be above it, I too sip from the chalice of nonsense and self serving...it's just good to remember that's what we're doing, is all.

You mean like this?

chickenhead
09-03-2008, 11:21 PM
they've got themselves a little pit bull!

Tom
09-03-2008, 11:33 PM
....with lipstick.

JustRalph
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM

Is ex-CEO Fiorina's only real concern keeping the top tax bracket at 35%?

Is Fiorina kidding me or did she just say that McCain will let the business sector sort out all our problems like health care, the mortgage crisis, and the cost of fuel? Ah Carly, that plan has been tested recently.... and the results are laughable.

Didn't seem like Romney's heart is into it. Wonder why? He must realize that Palin's credentials blow him away! :lol:

Huckabee just said he's a Republican because he didn't want to wait for the government to come rescue him. That must play well in the heartland but it doesn't mean squat where I come from. As a matter of fact, NJ citizens pay a ton of federal taxes that don't come back to NJ but go to help places like Huckabee's Arkansas. Amazingly, while we are supporting Huck's home state, we haven't bought the conservative bs in years. Yep, no Republican senator in NJ in over 36 years and no Republican presidential candidate has won in NJ since 1988.

Yet the people Huckabee will sell tonight think their money is supporting government giveaways in NJ. How sad and how pathetic.

If you only knew how out of touch you are. Get the hell out of NJ and see the rest of the country........................

dav4463
09-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Here's a clue - many of us do not want any uniting. We want the angry new left destroyed. We will not unite with those who seek to destroy our nation, and the dems are the worst enemy this country has. They are against this country 100%. We will not compromise with the lunatic left.

Great post!

46zilzal
09-04-2008, 12:25 AM
As if uniting the country was merely a factor of black and white. Why am I not surprised at this simplisitic moronic view?

riskman
09-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Sarah Palin---after watching the Hillary Clinton supporters play "gender politics" for the past year, we suddenly hear that the sex of the candidate really should never come into play. Yet, what really is going on is much different than the issue of "qualifications" or even McCain’s judgment. Instead, we are seeing the Beltway Culture being exposed for being what it is: inbred, insulting, and ultimately clueless.
The Beltway reaction demonstrates how the political classes see real people.Time and again, we see the glowing references to supposed "working-class" Democrats like John Edwards, who lived in a South Carolina mill village as a child. Yet, what happens when a female candidate with real "working-class" credentials appears on the scene?

The response has been both hilarious and pathetic: We hear things like, "She wears her hair in a beehive," and the press is fixated on her shoes. (I recall that when Martha Stewart was on trial, the press was fixated on what she wore and not on the wretched legal substance on which the charges against her were based.) One would think that McCain had picked Mammy Yokum to be his running mate.

The issue of so-called qualifications is another Beltway creation. You see, one can gain "experience" only by having lived in the Beltway or by being a player in the Beltway political culture. This is the political culture that has given us $500 trillion federal deficits, financial bubbles, galloping inflation, an energy crisis, murderous wars overseas, unemployment, an exploding prison population, crime-infested inner cities, the Drug War, and on and on..

Unless one has participated in this litany of evil, or if one has been a mover and shaker for the preceding list, one cannot be considered "qualified" for any position inside the Beltway. It is not surprising that anyone else who is seen as an "outsider" both physically and ideologically will be marginalized.

Even though I don’t plan to vote for the McCain-Palin or Obama-Biden ticket, I am taken by Sarah Palin and have a real admiration for her. This is someone who has earned her stripes in a much greater way than most Beltway women, the very women who reject her and deride her, and look down upon her.

It is true that Palin decidedly is not like the typical Beltway female pundit or legislator. And I say, good for her.

dav4463
09-04-2008, 02:58 AM

Yes, a Young Democrat. Fortunately most Democrats grow out of it in time and become responsible. Young Republicans get it right the first time.

dav4463
09-04-2008, 03:03 AM

I saw a good speech by a strong woman who made a convincing case for herself as being more experienced as a Vice-Presidential candidate than Obama is as a a Presidential candidate.

As for the fawning, mesmerizing, Hitler-esque way of turning listeners into droning zombies.......I didn't see any of that. I saw genuine applause and cheering from those who agree with her.

She didn't show up speaking between Greek columns....talking down to us. She didn't come off as a God who descended from heaven to save all of us dumb people. She came off as a normal, educated, strong woman who has a lot to offer.

I didn't see any Oprah Winfrey types crying and speaking like they just had a religious experience. Oprah talked about Obama like she has just witnessed the Sermon on the Mount!

Then you get the stupid democrat spin accusing Republicans of playing on our fears. That is the single dumbest argument I've ever heard. We are under attack from radical Islamic terrorists. President Bush has helped to keep us safe. There have been no attacks here since 9-11. That didn't happen by luck. I think the speakers tonight certainly showed us that John McCain is by far the best qualified to fight terrorism.

If that is playing on our fears, then so be it. Sometimes the government has to protect those that are too stupid to realize the threat.

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2008, 03:43 AM
Her resume makes it a very attractive argument (to most rational people) just as it's been an effective argument against Obama.)They key difference is that she is running for VP, while he is running for the big enchilada. Key difference, and BIG difference. Especially given that a case can be made that SHE has more experience to sit in the adult section then he does...

I also can't help but point to McCain's 90+ year old mother, sitting in the convention hall as evidence that those who think he's going to drop dead in office might have another thing coming.

dav4463
09-04-2008, 03:54 AM
I don't get that rationale either. Those that say Palin doesn't have experience do not seem to realize that she will be learning very fast under McCain. If Obama is in, it really is "on the job training", and that is not good when you are dealing with radical Islamic terrorists.

VP is not PRESIDENT!!! There is no comparison. But when the VP has more experience than the other party's presidential candidate even though both are limited.....I think it is a no-brainer who should be chosen.....Palin outshines Obama. McCain outshines all of them in experience. McCain/Palin is the only logical choice. Problem is, Democrats are rarely logical. They go on emotion.

It's like football (for a weird analogy)....you don't want to throw in a rookie quarterback who will get beat up his first season, but you would like to have a great rookie QB who can learn under an experienced signal-caller to have the best chance in the future.

JustRalph
09-04-2008, 04:06 AM
I find it funny when they complain about her being a "one term governor" with less than half of her term finished.

Yet they treat Jimmy Carter like he was a foreign policy expert when he took office after just 4 years in the Georgia Capital.

I would take Palin over half of the nitwits we have elected President. How in the hell could she do any worse??

chickenhead
09-04-2008, 09:51 AM
As for the fawning, mesmerizing, Hitler-esque way of turning listeners into droning zombies.......I didn't see any of that. I saw genuine applause and cheering from those who agree with her.

Of course, because you agree with her. That is the primary thing that colors our views on these matters.

Tom
09-04-2008, 10:13 AM
As if uniting the country was merely a factor of black and white. Why am I not surprised at this simplisitic moronic view?

What on earth are you talking about now? It is moronic to not wnat to comprromise with those who violate your core values?
Oh, that's right, you are willing to give to anyone rather than take a stand.
Unless they are unborn.

Greyfox
09-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Palin has just brought the McCain campaign out of the Intensive Care Unit and given it new life and energy. She's taken those tired old boys and just put wind beneath their wings. She's exactly what the Repubs needed.

dav4463
09-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Of course, because you agree with her. That is the primary thing that colors our views on these matters.

I didn't hear anybody describe it as a religious experience the way Oprah described Obama's speech while crying those liberal tears.

chickenhead
09-04-2008, 11:04 PM
I didn't hear anybody describe it as a religious experience the way Oprah described Obama's speech while crying those liberal tears.

Well, I guess if you're into watching Oprah that's what you're going to get. I wouldn't know.

dav4463
09-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Well, I guess if you're into watching Oprah that's what you're going to get. I wouldn't know.

I can't stomach watching Oprah. She was interviewed at the convention after Obama's speech.

boxcar
09-05-2008, 12:12 AM
What on earth are you talking about now? It is moronic to not wnat to comprromise with those who violate your core values?
Oh, that's right, you are willing to give to anyone rather than take a stand.
Unless they are unborn.

Let me tell you what Zilly's idea of "compromise" is. Let's take partial birth abortion, i.e. infanticide, as an example.

NoBama is all for infanticide in all cases, under all circumstances for all ages of pregnant girls. Conservatives say "NO", this is morally repugnant and reprehensible. So far, a stalemate.

But a "moderate" (like Zilly, for example :rolleyes: ) claims that he has the perfect solution. The doctor should deliver the infant, split it in half with a Chinese meat cleaver and run the unwanted half through the garbage disposer, while wrapping up the other half with pretty ribbons and bows for the whining Conservatives so that they could try to adopt it out, or failing that -- to give it a decent burial.

To people of Zilly's ilk, this would constitute a fair compromise.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
09-05-2008, 12:12 AM

Yes, a Young Democrat. Fortunately most Democrats grow out of it in time and become responsible. Young Republicans get it right the first time.

Dave, I hope you are old for your sake.

swaps
09-05-2008, 01:06 AM

A young constipated Pub.
They follow in mommy and daddy's footsteps awfully early!

dav4463
09-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Dave, I hope you are old for your sake.

Not too old. I first voted Republican in 1984 as soon as I was old enough to vote. I learned to check the R at an early age because you will at least have a better chance of getting a good candidate. :ThmbUp: