PDA

View Full Version : Nobizlikeshowbiz's little brother

tribecaagent
09-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Hands down the most impressive two year old so far this year. Half brother to Nobizlikeshowbiz by Broken Vow. He goes by the name of Hello Broadway.

This is a serious racehorse.

Tee
09-01-2008, 07:37 PM
I'll take the half to War Pass.

tribecaagent
09-01-2008, 08:05 PM
I'll take the half to War Pass.

Interesting you took a horse that didn't even win. You're obviously paying attention.

Do you remember the name of the Phipps/McGaughey two year old by Smoke Glacken? I can't recall but he was my second choice.

Tee
09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I should have spelled it out in greater detail. It is my opinion that Ruler's Vision will be more accomplished than Hello Broadway down the road.

Therefore I will take the half to War Pass.

I do not know the Phipps/McGaughey Smoke Glacken.

Interesting you took a horse that didn't even win. You're obviously paying attention.

Do you remember the name of the Phipps/McGaughey two year old by Smoke Glacken? I can't recall but he was my second choice.

westny
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM

Persistently. :jump:

Robert Fischer
09-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Hands down the most impressive two year old so far this year. Half brother to Nobizlikeshowbiz by Broken Vow. He goes by the name of Hello Broadway.

This is a serious racehorse.

yea, one to watch.

Tagg has a good thing going with Valando, and this is from their best stock. I wonder if he gets any input on the breeding? You know he puts a lot of care into these.

Have to see how this one develops, he didn't absolutely crush the field but did look pretty strong.

Brisnet actually had the pedigree totally wrong in the past performances... They had him listed as being a Sir Cat from a Topsider mare. I looked him up on pedigree because I look up trainer's best stock, and it turned out to be a broken vow- nightstorm.
At that point all you had to do was look at the animal and bet him if he didn't look like crap. Got bet-down a little from the ml.

There is also a filly by Nightstorm 2 or 3yo... She is a good solid racehorse, but not a superstar. Been in some decent non-stakes races and has a race against music note.

tribecaagent
09-02-2008, 07:38 PM
yea, one to watch.

Tagg has a good thing going with Valando, and this is from their best stock. I wonder if he gets any input on the breeding? You know he puts a lot of care into these.

Have to see how this one develops, he didn't absolutely crush the field but did look pretty strong.

Brisnet actually had the pedigree totally wrong in the past performances... They had him listed as being a Sir Cat from a Topsider mare. I looked him up on pedigree because I look up trainer's best stock, and it turned out to be a broken vow- nightstorm.
At that point all you had to do was look at the animal and bet him if he didn't look like crap. Got bet-down a little from the ml.

There is also a filly by Nightstorm 2 or 3yo... She is a good solid racehorse, but not a superstar. Been in some decent non-stakes races and has a race against music note.

Robert,

I prefer a horse that can overcome adversity (but doesn't have to win), as opposed to a horse that goes off and wins by daylight. So crushing the field is not that important.

I would urge ANYONE to go watch a replay of this horse's race. (GOD, I sound just like The Little Guy). He broke sharp, settled IN-BETWEEN horses (rare for a seasoned two year old, never mind initial start), attended a hot pace, lost the lead passing the 1/8 pole (to a horse who sat a perfect trip off the three speeds), and came again to win.

This horse has 1) breeding, 2) natural speed, and 3) HEART.

Now, obviously this was his FIRST (and only) START, so getting excited is premature. But, he sure was eye catching.

Murph
09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Jeremy Plonk covers them here. Several of these winners are watch list material.
Time now for 2 turns on the dirt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/columns/story?columnist=plonk_jeremy&id=3566867

Robert Fischer
09-04-2008, 09:53 AM
This horse has 1) breeding, 2) natural speed, and 3) HEART.

Now, obviously this was his FIRST (and only) START, so getting excited is premature. But, he sure was eye catching.

This guy will be a lot of fun to follow!
It makes the game fun when you have a horse that you like come up on the "watch-list". I wonder how quickly they will try and bring him along? Tagg likes the 3yo stakes in Florida... This year's Breeders Cup is coming up quickly, and the Juvenile figures to be both competitive, and full of surface related questions.

As a cherry on top, you have to love this guy's name, following NobizlikeShobiz -
"HELLO BROADWAY" :)