PDA

View Full Version : half mile racing angle

Stick
08-31-2008, 08:30 PM
It seems we have a lot of bettors who have become disinterested in half mile racing. I prefer the bigger tracks also. The only half mile track I play is Maywood and I thought I would share a little angle I use there that works pretty well. Since MAY only races on Thur/Fri there are many horses with BMLP lines, so we must consider what to do with those lines.

1) posts 1-5 and 9 are the posts that we consider positive.
2) posts 6-8 and All BMLP races are considered excusable races.

We are looking for a horse that is starting tonight from a positive post.
The horse's last race must be an excusable one.
More than one excusable race in a row is OK.
When we get to a line that has a positive post , the horse must have been the betting favorite.

So what we are looking for is a horse that was the betting favorite followed up by poor posts or BMLP races. The program might look like this.
#3 tonight
post 8 in last start
BMLP race in start before that
post 2 betting favorite in start before that.

Many times we are playing a horse that is a good price that was the favorite a few starts back at the same class. The more blackened the horse's lines get, the better the chance for a price.

I need to make a point that I do not play any other half mile tracks and would not know the success of this angle at these tracks. But at MAY you will catch some nice prices with this if you wait for the angle to appear.

Good luck to all , Stick

LottaKash
08-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey Stick, thx, a nice way to view things at Maywood... I think your success' may be for reasons already stated, as Balmoral a sister track to Maywood, proves to be a problem for many bettors.......I believe the difference in the track size is the culprit.....For those who are clueless in detecting good form and how it translates to the differnce in track sizes, leaves some juicy money for those willing to find a way to capitalize on this phenomenon.....

The crowd being a fairly good handicapper in general, has it right often enough, so that using a betting favorite as a measurement, especially if it gets hidden and obscure is a fine tool and aids in discovering a viable way to make some cash........Good, good.........I will post this on my refrigerator.....:jump:

best

Ray2000
09-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Stick

Does Heart Light Miss (the 2) in Maywood Race 6 tonite fit this angle?
Could be a good W/S bet.

Ray

Stick
09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Ray
Yes. Bad trip as the chalk and then the excusable BMLP race.

Ray2000
09-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Didn't see the race, she finished 4th, can't tell by the chart if boxed or didn't have it, but by the races times... the weather must have been awful in Chicago.

Will try again if it pops up.