PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want first up?

The Bit
08-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Sears?

Luc?

Jamieson?

Tetrick?

Campbell?

Palone?

For my money, I want Sears. He always seems to save something yet not be so far back that he leaves the horse too much to do.

Stick
08-31-2008, 11:41 AM
SEARS is the best driver in the world. Palone,IMO, should not even be on this list.

hbeck
08-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Anthony Morgan.

mrroyboy
08-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Sears when the big money is down like last night. The rest are pretty good as well.

LottaKash
08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Tough list and a tough call.......

Firstly I would leave off Luc, and Jamieson, not that they don't deserve their due, because they do.....But the others are just a cut among the remainders...also Campbell, although he is one of my favorites of all time, has surrendered a wee bit to the the other top ones, as of late.....and how could you leave out Eric Goodell from this list ?

After that I have a tougher time with these top-4.......

Sears
Palone
Tetrick
Morgan

And of those top 4-imho...I would take Palone as he is a master at taking a fresh unknown horse to him, and getting it to go, and go faster......I know there are many who would disagree with me on this, but when Palone drives, I listen, and lately this year he is making the rounds to other tracks to sniff out some of the big money that abounds in the stakes races........

Next, I would pick Tetrick for the very same reasons......He gets so much from his horses... and his split second calls are always so timely, and he would be so close and and maybe even better than Palone in that regard......

How can you leave out SEARS, MORGAN, I just love these guys.....

Too hard to pick one from all.....

In the end, perhaps a silly question at best, as they all deserve our serious consideration when finding the right contenders to play......I always give extra credit with anyone of these, on my horse.......

ain't this fun......??

humbly,

Stick
08-31-2008, 06:34 PM
LK
Palone over Sears???? I think maybe it's you that has been sneaking into the amaretto.:lol: Just kidding. Interesting thread.

trying2win
08-31-2008, 06:50 PM
SEARS is the best driver in the world. Palone,IMO, should not even be on this list.

That's just your opinion about SEARS. It's not a fact!

T2W

LottaKash
08-31-2008, 06:54 PM
LK
Palone over Sears???? I think maybe it's you that has been sneaking into the amaretto.:lol: Just kidding. Interesting thread.

Hey Stick,Hmmm yum, on the amaretto
......Still I know that there are some who would take issue with Palone, but being old and seeing Palone for a long long time, I know that if he were to move his family from the Pittsburgh area and relocate to another track such as the Meadowlands or Chester, you would see what I believe to be true, at work....He is a great driver.....I have made much money on betting Palone when he goes to other tracks for a stakes engagements and pick-up drives.....I have seen him transform mediocre and poor looking horses into monsters at times.....There are all sorts of rumors and truths about set-ups and funny races at the Meadows, but in the end, in my mind, he is all that his numbers bely.......

I play Tetrick at the Pocono and Chester, and he dominates, and all the best trainers are always looking for him to drive their horses......And, for the Newbies in Harness Racing.....If you want to know what good form, or upcoming good form looks like, just watch and see what horses Tetrick chooses to drive.....Tetrick, I have deduced, is usually unwilling to drive a horse that is not in shape and ready to win today.....Sometimes, he does have trainer and stable connections that he is loyal to, and will accept a drive unworthy of his talents, but, these top trainers give him enough of other good horses to drive and win with, that an occasional drive on a so-so horse, is worh the loyalty in th the long run..

Hey if you said Sears, I wouldn't argue one bit, or Campbell, or MOrgan or Tetrick or anyone else mentioned here.....My bottom line is, USE-EM-ALL to your advantage......and Eric Goodell, and Andy Miller, and Yannick Gingras, maybe the sneakiest of them all.....

best,

Stick
08-31-2008, 06:55 PM
I WAS KIDDING. That was the fact.

LottaKash
08-31-2008, 06:57 PM
I WAS KIDDING. That was the fact.

I know, I love to bust & kid........

best,

Stick
08-31-2008, 07:02 PM
LK
We posted at the same time. That was for TTW

trying2win
08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
I agree that the posters on this thread have certainly listed a lot of excellent drivers.http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/113.gif

T2W

toetoe
08-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Any love on here for the GREAT Ann Schlichtig ?

Ray2000
08-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Nobody's separating out driving pacers vs trotters?

I'm not going to try, just think it's a factor

LottaKash
08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Nobody's separating out driving pacers vs trotters?

I'm not going to try, just think it's a factor

You statistics guys.....always comin' in and muckin' things up...........:lol:

best,

Zman179
09-01-2008, 08:57 AM
In a couple of years, Jason Bartlett is going to join the upper echelon of the driving colony. That guy can drive a horse.

botster
09-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Not much difference IMO with all that are listed here.All take backseats to Herve and Case in the all time firstover department.Buddy Gilmour would be in a class better than these guys also.

I would go with Tetrick and Goodell from todays crew.

LottaKash
09-03-2008, 09:44 AM
In a couple of years, Jason Bartlett is going to join the upper echelon of the driving colony. That guy can drive a horse.

Zman, you may be right about him, as he CAN drive a bit.........:ThmbUp:

Some years back at Scioto Downs, I saw that same thing, in a much younger Brian Sears....:ThmbUp:

best.