PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Phillies -- RIP

rrbauer
08-29-2008, 05:58 PM
They don't have a clue about how to move baserunners and play "small ball" when the thumpers aren't thumping. This goes back to the manager (when this guy has to "manage" you can forget it) and the hitting coach. It only took Charlie a year to figure out that JP Romero isn't worth beans against right-handed hitters. To his credit he did finally get it right later this year.

Same cast of characters running the club from the bench for at least the past 3 years and the same players have the same shortcomings year over year. They need to clean house and get some real baseball people running the club.

Sorry slerveball but you can watch the Mets lose the first playoff round to whoever they play...at least it won't be the Phils.

Zman179
08-30-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm a Mets fan, and I'm quite sure that our bullpen will do everything in their power to make sure the Phillies make the playoffs...again.

rrbauer
08-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm a Mets fan, and I'm quite sure that our bullpen will do everything in their power to make sure the Phillies make the playoffs...again.

Watched the end of the Mets-Marlins game last night (Friday) and there was some strong deja vu in the bottom of the 9th! But the Mets held on.

skate
08-31-2008, 03:11 PM
from hub to the rim "SPOKE" like a true Nascarisky.

rrbauer
09-02-2008, 11:07 AM
from hub to the rim "SPOKE" like a true Nascarisky.

Like that! I live 12 miles from Bristol but have yet to go to any races. It puts me to sleep when I watch it on TV!