PDA

View Full Version : Retama vs Horsemens group.

waytogo
08-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Tonight is the opening night at Retama Park, Tx.

As we all know the Horsemens group are blocking the signals from Youbet, betpad etc etc, and stopping the rest of the US placing cash in thier own pockets.

Tonights card has rolling doubles and pick 3's on consecutive races with a 12% takeout.

I hear so much about greedy tracks and unfathomable logic from the horsemen, so who is doing best for horse racing here?

The Track:
One of the lowest takeouts (around 17.5%), WPS.
The 12% doubles and Pick 3's.
50c Nights on many Fridays and Saturdays with 50c programs (from $2.50), free entry to the track (from $2.50), $1.00 10oz beers (from $3.50 per 16oz), $1.00 dogs (from $1.75?, but larger). The catch is $5 parking up from $2 on a usual night, but last season I think I saw the world record set for how many people you can fit in a Honda Civic!
Many offshores are no longer covering Retama (Bodog is one) and thus could bring more back into the US ADW's, the live track pools and of course the horsemens pockets.

The Horsemen:
Blocking the signal and reducing revenue affecting themselves, the track, owners, potential investors and the general public that dont really need to be driving from Montana, New York or Fargo North dakota at $4 a gallon just to place a $2 bet!

And the winner is...... Wow its a close one.... Need a recount here....

Ok... The track, except there is no real winner with this nonesense going on .
Now, the horsemens group *could* have had their part in the tracks positives, but I have not seen or heard of any evidence of this. Does anyone know better?

Should guns be banned in Texas just to save the horsemens feet?

I will let you all decide!

Footnote: Myself and my family will be attending every Fri and Sat night at Retama as we do every season, but even if the signal is restored it would be nice to place a wager on a Thurs night as we cannot make it to the track. Currently with US ADW's if you live in Texas then you cant bet in Texas. Has enyone ever taught the Beuracrats how to read a scaled map. Retama ia not 4 inches from Dallas or El Paso!

oexplayer68
08-30-2008, 04:11 AM
Good post! One more thing nice about Retama is the dime trifectas. Doubt there will be more than one or two signers for the whole meet with this base bet.

This nonsense regarding horseplayers not being able to bet tracks like Retama has gone on far too long. I have played this meet from the inception, as it is one of my favorite and most profitable tracks. It's time someone with some sense stepped in and did something about this for the sake of the game. I find it hard to imagine why the horseman and tracks would simply refuse our business. Hopefully this insanity will end soon.

HEY DUDE
08-30-2008, 04:57 AM
We have the same thing in MI. Cant bet PNL, but can play anywhere elese. Would love to help my local horseman and track. But, due to the law, they loose and my betting money goes out of state. Track is 1 1/2 hours away. I wish these unhappy horseman would just get out of the business all together instead of playing the games they are playing with the tracks and the players.

Whitehos
08-30-2008, 11:48 AM
In Michigan its not the track but the corrupt incompetent governess who is on the take from the owners of the Hazel Park Harness track who want you to drive 100 miles at $4 a gallon to visit their track.
I am not a big bettor but the Track and State lose 5 k /year from just me.

in Michigan, its not the track but our corrupt incompetent governess who is on the take from the owners of Hazel Park Harness who want you to drive for 11/2 hrs at $4 a gallon.

whyhorseofcourse
08-30-2008, 11:50 AM
We have the same thing in MI. Cant bet PNL, but can play anywhere elese. Would love to help my local horseman and track. But, due to the law, they loose and my betting money goes out of state. Track is 1 1/2 hours away. I wish these unhappy horseman would just get out of the business all together instead of playing the games they are playing with the tracks and the players.

Isnt PNL on twinspires?

Whitehos
08-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Michigan residents cannot wager Michigan tracks on any AWD. Maybe off shore?

waytogo
08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Good post! One more thing nice about Retama is the dime trifectas. Doubt there will be more than one or two signers for the whole meet with this base bet.

Yes, forgot about that. last nights card had dime supers, tri's and exacta's.

TEJAS KIDD
09-02-2008, 11:15 AM
In 2007, I wagered about 5 million dollars, most of which went towards Sam Houston, Lone Star and Retama....Since my move to California earlier this year, I've been unable to wager on any of those tracks through an adw or even a simulcast facility.

It's funny how in California you can stay at home and play almost every track in the nation/and some tracks in other countries but you can't play full cards from some of the major circuits when you actually go to the track/simulcast facility. Sometimes I actually brought my laptop to Del Mar just so I could play tracks that they don't take...Doesnt make sense.

In my opinion, the Texas tracks and the horseman have joined together to totally ruin the sport within the state. They are on a "Kamikaze" mission to get the state government to step in and push a slots bill through in order to save their failing industry.