PDA

View Full Version : Palin It Is

bigmack
08-29-2008, 12:25 PM
http://tizona.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/sarah_palin_02.jpg

JustRalph
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I am absolutely stunned.............. :eek:

I didn't think he had it in him............

barn32
08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I am absolutely stunned.............. :eek:

I didn't think he had it in him............

This smacks of desperation.

ArlJim78
08-29-2008, 03:25 PM
It smacks of genius. what a master stroke and what a contrast this will be to the whiney ego-fest in Denver. you have to give big props to McCain for making such a bold move.

pandy
08-29-2008, 05:37 PM
It smacks of genius. what a master stroke and what a contrast this will be to the whiney ego-fest in Denver. you have to give big props to McCain for making such a bold move.

Time will tell but it certainly makes for good theatre.

pandy
08-29-2008, 05:41 PM

Obama's camp and other top Dems are saying that she doesn't have enough experience to be one heart beat away from President...what balls! She's got at least as much experience as Obama, and she's a Governor, so she has a much tougher job and gets more done than a Senator who usually votes "present".

chickenhead
08-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Chicago metro-area has a population about 15 times larger than the entire state of Alaska.

One could make the argument that if guvna for a year in Alaska makes one prezidential, being a street captain in the neighborhood watch program in Chicago does as well.

so.cal.fan
08-29-2008, 06:51 PM
I've been following this lady for quite a while. I saw her do an interview and was very impressed. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
What a nice family she has! I understand her husband is part native eskimo.
She is very smart. She is very honest. She has proven to walk her talk!
She's got my vote!

lsbets
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM
The lines from Dems about her inexperience compared to Ovama are cracking me up. SHe's only been a governor for two years, she has no experience. Obama has been running for President for that long and has picked up experience along the way as a candidate. :rolleyes:

This was a brilliant tactical move. VP picks only matter when they are announced and when they screw up. I think she will do much better debating Biden than a lot of people think - actually if Biden is too aggresive he'll come across as a bully and do poorly, but if he is too passive she'll roll over him. Tough spot for Joe. As far as today when she is announced, Obama made a great speech last night and no one is talking about it. All the conversation is about her. My wife said she seemed genuine, and that her speech today was the first genuine speech she has seen in the campaign. Great pick for McCain, I thought he would play it safe, glad he didn't.

equicom
08-29-2008, 07:26 PM
What is that place in the background of the picture?

And what's this all about anyway?

And you didn't think who had what in him?

JustRalph
08-29-2008, 07:32 PM
It has already had a huge impact. When it comes to "focus on the family" McCain hit a home run

http://townhall.com/Columnists/DennisPrager/2008/08/29/dobson_%E2%80%9Ci_would_pull_that_lever%E2%80%9D_f or_mccain-palin

Dobson: “I Would Pull that Lever” for McCain-Palin

wonatthewire1
08-29-2008, 07:47 PM
It has already had a huge impact. When it comes to "focus on the family" McCain hit a home run

http://townhall.com/Columnists/DennisPrager/2008/08/29/dobson_%E2%80%9Ci_would_pull_that_lever%E2%80%9D_f or_mccain-palin

Dobson: “I Would Pull that Lever” for McCain-Palin

LOL Dobson - whatta flip flopper!

:bang:

wonatthewire1
08-29-2008, 07:52 PM
The lines from Dems about her inexperience compared to Ovama are cracking me up. SHe's only been a governor for two years, she has no experience. Obama has been running for President for that long and has picked up experience along the way as a candidate. :rolleyes:

This was a brilliant tactical move. VP picks only matter when they are announced and when they screw up. I think she will do much better debating Biden than a lot of people think - actually if Biden is too aggresive he'll come across as a bully and do poorly, but if he is too passive she'll roll over him. Tough spot for Joe. As far as today when she is announced, Obama made a great speech last night and no one is talking about it. All the conversation is about her. My wife said she seemed genuine, and that her speech today was the first genuine speech she has seen in the campaign. Great pick for McCain, I thought he would play it safe, glad he didn't.

Very interesting selection and one of the prominent ones on our poll from a few days ago (Props to JR for mentioning - therefore she was included).

That debate is going to be very interesting!

Chickenhead made a good point - AK isn't exactly a hotbed, it'll be interesting to see how the Dims attack - they'll get over the initial shock of her being the VP candidate in a day or two. I also liked the fact that McCain didn't wait for the convention - go right after the Barry "acceptance speech", why not at this point?

toetoe
08-29-2008, 07:56 PM
chick,

Your argument would espouse Al Capone, also. I'll buy that argument only when it comes out in paperback.

46zilzal
08-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Must admit, a very smart move given the exodus of many disgruntled Hillary backers.

BetHorses!
08-29-2008, 08:40 PM
I've been following this lady for quite a while. I saw her do an interview and was very impressed. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
What a nice family she has! I understand her husband is part native eskimo.
She is very smart. She is very honest. She has proven to walk her talk!
She's got my vote!

and her favorite meal is moose stew

ezrabrooks
08-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Chicago metro-area has a population about 15 times larger than the entire state of Alaska.

One could make the argument that if guvna for a year in Alaska makes one prezidential, being a street captain in the neighborhood watch program in Chicago does as well.

One could make that argument, but........?

NJ Stinks
08-29-2008, 09:02 PM
How do you spell desperation?

P-A-L-I-N

Oh yea. You don't have to believe me, Tom. :)

magwell
08-29-2008, 09:03 PM
They were drinking the Klool-aid in Denver, but they will be drinking alcohol in ST.PAUL after today.....Its a sad sad day :confused:

Dick Schmidt
08-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Since McCain's VP (should he win) is much more likely to wind up in the White House than Obama's (should he win), given the ages and health histories of both candidates, this is a much more significant addition to the ticket.

As for her experience, she has 10 times the background as Obama. At least she has run a state. Obama hasn't managed as much as a 7/11. Alaska may not have many people, but it has more than its share of economic, environmental and energy problems. So far, she has been an excellent Governor.

Should make for an interesting election and give the Hilary people second thoughts. We might well see a woman in the White House sooner than 2012 or 2016.

Dick

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert Heinlein

canleakid
08-29-2008, 09:05 PM
We know the lady can play hard ball just like the guys!!!!

On July 11, 2008, Palin dismissed Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan for not adequately filling state trooper vacancies, and because he "did not turn out to be a team player on budgeting issues."[60] She instead offered him a position as executive director of the state Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, which he turned down.[61][62] Her power to fire him is not in dispute, but Monegan alleged that his dismissal may have been an abuse of power tied to his reluctance to fire Palin's former brother-in-law, Alaska State Trooper Mike Wooten, who had been involved in a divorce and child custody battle with Palin's sister, Molly McCann.[63]

Palin replaced Monegan with Chuck Kopp, dismissing as false allegations that Kopp had sexually harassed a subordinate.[64]

Palin said that her dismissal of Monegan was unrelated to the fact that he had not fired Wooten. Palin said that members of her staff had made contact with public safety officials regarding the trooper, though she said that her staff's contacts with the commission were not directed by her and she had little knowledge of them. She also took disciplinary action against one member of her staff who had mentioned her and Wooten's family connection to Monegan's staff.[65] In August 2008, a bipartisan panel of the Alaska Legislature hired Steve Branchflower to investigate Palin and her staff for possible abuse of power surrounding the dismissal.[66] Democratic State Senator Hollis French, who is overseeing the investigation, says that the Palin administration has been cooperating and that subpoenas are unnecessary.

wonatthewire1
08-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Since McCain's VP (should he win) is much more likely to wind up in the White House than Obama's (should he win), given the ages and health histories of both candidates, this is a much more significant addition to the ticket.

As for her experience, she has 10 times the background as Obama. At least she has run a state. Obama hasn't managed as much as a 7/11. Alaska may not have many people, but it has more than its share of economic, environmental and energy problems. So far, she has been an excellent Governor.

Should make for an interesting election and give the Hilary people second thoughts. We might well see a woman in the White House sooner than 2012 or 2016.

Dick

After seeing them on stage together (on tape), it looked like he didn't know her at all...in a creepy way too

I wonder who at the RNC picked her? And an interesting pick at that!

prospector
08-29-2008, 09:16 PM
We know the lady can play hard ball just like the guys!!!!

On July 11, 2008, Palin dismissed Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan for not adequately filling state trooper vacancies, and because he "did not turn out to be a team player on budgeting issues."[60] She instead offered him a position as executive director of the state Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, which he turned down.[61][62] Her power to fire him is not in dispute, but Monegan alleged that his dismissal may have been an abuse of power tied to his reluctance to fire Palin's former brother-in-law, Alaska State Trooper Mike Wooten, who had been involved in a divorce and child custody battle with Palin's sister, Molly McCann.[63]

Palin replaced Monegan with Chuck Kopp, dismissing as false allegations that Kopp had sexually harassed a subordinate.[64]

Palin said that her dismissal of Monegan was unrelated to the fact that he had not fired Wooten. Palin said that members of her staff had made contact with public safety officials regarding the trooper, though she said that her staff's contacts with the commission were not directed by her and she had little knowledge of them. She also took disciplinary action against one member of her staff who had mentioned her and Wooten's family connection to Monegan's staff.[65] In August 2008, a bipartisan panel of the Alaska Legislature hired Steve Branchflower to investigate Palin and her staff for possible abuse of power surrounding the dismissal.[66] Democratic State Senator Hollis French, who is overseeing the investigation, says that the Palin administration has been cooperating and that subpoenas are unnecessary.
i see the left blogs are working

chickenhead
08-29-2008, 09:34 PM
One could make that argument, but........?

My small little rural county here in California has 66% of the population and better than 50% of the GDP of Alaska. Maybe our county commish is a little miffed he didn't at least get a sit down.

I'm just saying, acting like being in charge of Alaska is the same as any other state is a bit off. No more than being mayor of NY is the same as being mayor of Chico.

bigskyguy
08-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I think McCain should've picked a more experienced Republican of a feminine persuasion, such as Kay Bailey Hutchison, Olympia Snowe or Larryetta Craig.

Light
08-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Obama would have been a slam dunk with Hillary and McCain is capitolizing on this mistake.

prospector
08-29-2008, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=bigskyguy]I think McCain should've picked a more experienced Republican of a feminine persuasion, such as Kay Bailey Hutchison, Olympia Snowe or Larryetta Craig.[/QUOTE
never have been snowe..way tooooo liberal

chickenhead
08-29-2008, 10:58 PM
lol, my first fact checking attempt didn't turn out so well for her. She needs to do better than this. Unless "thanks but no thanks" is Alaskan for "oh, so we don't get that bridge...damn"

In fact, I told Congress -- I told Congress, "Thanks, but no thanks," on that bridge to nowhere.

Anchorage Daily News on October 22, 2006

5. Would you continue state funding for the proposed Knik Arm and Gravina Island bridges?

Yes. I would like to see Alaska's infrastructure projects built sooner rather than later. The window is now--while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist. --Palin

Sept 2007 Press Release (http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache:RL3FJAhN1ksJ:gov.state.ak.us/archive.php?id=623&type=1+%22Ketchikan+desires+a+better+way+to+reach+ the+airport,+but+the+$398+million+bridge+is+not+th e+answer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

“Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer,” said Governor Palin. “Despite the work of our congressional delegation, we are about $329 million short of full funding for the bridge project, and it’s clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island,” Governor Palin added. “Much of the public’s attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here. But we need to focus on what we can do, rather than fight over what has happened.”

The real kicker is...they still got the money!

Under mounting political pressure over pork projects, Congress stripped the earmark -- or stipulation -- that the money be used for the airport, but still sent the money to the state for any use it deemed appropriate.

JustRalph
08-29-2008, 11:42 PM
the smear has started.........try this one

"Sarah Palin's judgment is despicalble. She knowingly whelped a Mongoloid child earlier this year, probably to pander to the Right to Life Nutbags.
Irresponsible decisions like hers dilutes the viability of the American Gene Pool. No wonder why we are falling farther and farther behind in an increasingly competitive global economic environment.

Her OB should have cut her tubes after her first child!!!

Posted by: paul Curooke "

This is a funny web page on Palin, like the Chuck Norris pages

http://www.palinfacts.com/

I don't know if she can stand up to the hell she is about to go through, but it is going to be fun watching ...............

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 12:00 AM
I love it!

Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin will send Biden a pre-debate cheat sheet. The sheet will have tips on defending against Kung Fu Death Grip.

Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin will give birth to the man who will lead humanity’s war against the machines.

Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin knows how old the Chinese gymnasts are.

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 12:02 AM
if McCain loses:

Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin actually is the Bridge to Nowhere.

Greyfox
08-30-2008, 12:28 AM
if McCain loses:

Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin actually is the Bridge to Nowhere.

Chickenhead this pick of Palin has got you "clucking" more than any recent thread.
If indeed she's the bridge to nowhere, why the fear of the possibility of a
"fox" in the henhouse and why are you "clucking so much?";) Greyfox

rastajenk
08-30-2008, 12:52 AM
The MILF bloc may have the potential to become a powerful demographic in national politics. Great choice.

ElKabong
08-30-2008, 12:54 AM
My small little rural county here in California has 66% of the population and better than 50% of the GDP of Alaska. Maybe our county commish is a little miffed he didn't at least get a sit down.

I'm just saying, acting like being in charge of Alaska is the same as any other state is a bit off. No more than being mayor of NY is the same as being mayor of Chico.

And what about Bill Clinton's state of arkansas? Alaska is a far more challenging state to govern than Arkansas is. Arkansas is the smallest of potatos, has limited commerce and it's economic affect on the nation is non existant. Alaska has tremendous oil reserves and DOES have an impact. The nation had no problems voting Bill in....twice. Won't have a problem with Sarah if she debates & carries herself well.

What impresses me at first glance is that she had a tough fight to win the guv's office and came thru well. Nowhere near the negative baggage that can come with governing a "small state" (se Bill for example).

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 01:19 AM
And what about Bill Clinton's state of arkansas? Alaska is a far more challenging state to govern than Arkansas is. Arkansas is the smallest of potatos, has limited commerce and it's economic affect on the nation is non existant. Alaska has tremendous oil reserves and DOES have an impact. The nation had no problems voting Bill in....twice. Won't have a problem with Sarah if she debates & carries herself well.

Arkansas dominates Alaska both in terms of population and economics, it's not even close.

Bill Clinton was also at the head of the ticket, and open to same more than year long vetting, such as it was, that Obama has been through. The American people knew who Clinton was, and had ample time to make a measure of him and decide. That is quite different that throwing an unknown, inexperienced as next-in-line with what, a dozen weeks or less to decide?

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Chickenhead this pick of Palin has got you "clucking" more than any recent thread.
If indeed she's the bridge to nowhere, why the fear of the possibility of a
"fox" in the henhouse and why are you "clucking so much?";) Greyfox

Fresh Meat :)

I actually called for a long time ago, when it looked like neither of them would win, a McCain v. Obama finale. I thought it would be the most interesting, and it is.

Palin is someone I've never once heard of before about three days ago, like 98% of Americans, and as of today she has a very good chance to be the Vice-President of the Country in a few weeks, next in line behind a very old man. If that doesn't get your attention, I don't know what will. So yes, I'm interested in her.

By the by, I'm probably more a fan of McCain than many of the more uber conservative types that roam around these parts...

ElKabong
08-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Arkansas dominates Alaska both in terms of population and economics, it's not even close.

Bill Clinton was also at the head of the ticket, and open to same more than year long vetting, such as it was, that Obama has been through. The American people knew who Clinton was, and had ample time to make a measure of him and decide. That is quite different that throwing an unknown, inexperienced as next-in-line with what, a dozen weeks or less to decide?

Until Clinton ran for prez, I had no idea who he was. None. I live 3 hours from the Ark border.

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Until Clinton ran for prez, I had no idea who he was. None. I live 3 hours from the Ark border.

And you had more than a year to get acquainted with him before you voted.

I'm just saying, and it is very interesting if it is not a concern for others, that McCains Veep is rather important. And she has 18 months experience running a very small, very odd, very unrepresentative, very isolated state. And you've never heard of her before.

I just think it's odd the immediate comfortableness some people seem to have with that. It's interesting.

ElKabong
08-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Very good points, Chick.

I thought his safe picks were Pawlenty or Romney, I was surprised he picked her. My personal choice was Lieberman, but that apparently wasn't going to be.

This was a bold move, tho. Mccain doesn't go by the book, he's certainly made a choice for change from the same old. When the dust settles in 2-3 weeks I think it'll be clear that he didn't choose her to garner Hilary's voters (Hilary and Sarah are nowhere close on Hil's 2 big issues). If she is what she's advertised, she and Mccain have much in common.

This isn't going over well in Minnesota. The reception for the repubs won't be anywhere near as warm they'd hoped for. My relatives there are pissed. Most are liberal dems, save one, and think the decision wasn't a wise one.

Can't wait for the debates.

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 02:06 AM
It's entirely possible I'm just biased against Alaska. Or at least amused by the possibilities.

When most of America thinks about crime, we aren't thinking claim jumpers. When most of America thinks about public safety, we aren't thinking bear attacks.

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 02:08 AM
My personal choice was Lieberman, but that apparently wasn't going to be.

I also thought Lieberman would be a great choice for him. Certainly wouldn't have gotten this kind of interest though.

barn32
08-30-2008, 02:30 AM

Dick

You're right about the Hillary people and a woman in the White House. But you're wrong about them having to wait--Michelle Obama.

barn32
08-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Obama would have been a slam dunk with Hillary and McCain is capitolizing on this mistake.I think the opposite is true. Had Obama picked Hillary, I would have unloaded on McCain. Hillary was waaayyy too polarizing.

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Fresh Meat :)

I actually called for a long time ago, when it looked like neither of them would win, a McCain v. Obama finale. I thought it would be the most interesting, and it is.

Palin is someone I've never once heard of before about three days ago, like 98% of Americans, and as of today she has a very good chance to be the Vice-President of the Country in a few weeks, next in line behind a very old man. If that doesn't get your attention, I don't know what will. So yes, I'm interested in her.

By the by, I'm probably more a fan of McCain than many of the more uber conservative types that roam around these parts...

There has been buzz about her in conservative circles for many months.

palinforvp.com was created
domain: palinforvp.com
created: 14-Mar-2008
last-changed: 14-Mar-2008
registration-expiration: 14-Mar-2009

This one has been around a while too.

http://palinforvp.blogspot.com/

A while back I exchanged PM's with some on this board about her. I just didn't think McCain would do it.

PaceAdvantage
08-30-2008, 03:36 AM
It smacks of genius. what a master stroke and what a contrast this will be to the whiney ego-fest in Denver. you have to give big props to McCain for making such a bold move.I agree 1000%.

I think she energizes the base as no other candidate can (Romney and all the other "knowns" were nothing but a yawn fest at this point). I also think her relative lack of experience is NOT a hindrance, but an additional SPOTLIGHT on how utterly INEXPERIENCED Obama truly is.

Whenever someone goes to open their mouth to say Palin has very little experience, they're going to have to examine once again how little experience Obama has, and he's AT THE TOP of the Dem ticket...

This is a brilliant move in my opinion. Hardly ANYONE was talking about Obama's speech today....they were all talking about Palin....

PaceAdvantage
08-30-2008, 03:38 AM
A while back I exchanged PM's with some on this board about her.I can vouch for this...complete with photos too! :lol:

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 04:06 AM
More smearing from the Dem Underground

"An actual serious question about Palin's youngets child

But this time, Im serious. I have read here and there that the child is Palin's grandchild. The child of her daughter. That Palin claimed it as her own, presumably to counter any scandal. She never told anyone she was pregnant untiul the 7th month. Pictures of her from that time show the world's slimmest pregnant woman.

And so forth.

Is any of this true?"

Amazing.......... what lengths they will go to. And they complain about "swiftboating" :bang:

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 04:14 AM
Here are the reasons Dems are emailing each other to oppose Palin.
From the Email:

Here are some quick snapshots of Palin's record on issues related to energy and the environment:

Opposed a statewide ballot initiative to prohibit or restrict new mining operations that could affect salmon in the state's streams and rivers

Has pushed to build a natural-gas pipeline from Alaska's North Slope

Got the state legislature to pass a bill to provide each Alaskan $1,200 to help with energy costs

Sued the Interior Department over its decision to list the polar bear as a threatened species

Has proposed eliminating Alaska's gas tax

Has pushed to open Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling

Has created a committee to forge Alaska's climate-change strategy, and has made Alaska an observer (but not a member) of the Western Climate Initiative

Opposes a windfall profits tax on oil companies

Was the ethics commissioner of the Alaska Gas and Oil Conservation Commission from 2003 to 2004

Lifelong angler and hunter

Husband is an oil production operator for BP on Alaska's North Slope

Started Alaska's Petroleum Systems Integrity Office, an oversight and maintenance agency for the state's oil and gas equipment, facilities, and infrastructure

Chairs the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multistate panel "that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas resources while protecting health, safety and the environment"

Believes intelligent design should be taught along with evolution in science classes "

I highlighted a few of these, why in the hell would the Dems oppose the highlighted items? I have no idea............

ezrabrooks
08-30-2008, 04:59 AM
I also thought Lieberman would be a great choice for him. Certainly wouldn't have gotten this kind of interest though.

Lieberman was a 'no' choice for him. They may be friends, but were never close to being running mates.

bigmack
08-30-2008, 05:07 AM
I imagine the life of Cheney as VP and I imagine the life she might have as VP, with 5 kids and one under one. I can't get over the size of that chasm.

My, she is a might green for DC. PTA meets VP of US? It's odd but it's an awfully nice diversion and possible play.

McCain is healthy, right?

Tina Fey might have a new career as a lookalike or the other way around.

hcap
08-30-2008, 05:54 AM
I don't think dissatisfied Hillary women supporters who chose Hillary not simply because she was a women-but primarily because of Hillarys' left-center politics, will automatically jump to Palin because she is a women. Problem for McCain was formulated by another repub a while ago.

The Ferraro nomination...

"I believe that someday we are going to have a woman president, possibly during my life, and I've often thought the best way to pave the way for this was to first nominate and elect a woman as vice-president. But I think Mondale made a serious mistake when he picked Geraldine Ferraro as his running mate. In my view, he guessed wrong in deciding to take a congresswoman that almost nobody had ever heard of and try to put her in line for the presidency ... I don't know who among the Democrats might have been a better choice, but it was obvious Mondale picked Geraldine Ferraro simply because he believed there was a 'gender gap' where I was concerned and she was a woman."

......Ronald Reagan in his 1991 memoir, "An American Life

hcap
08-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Another repub sounds off.

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/ftn-rove.jpg

Face The Nation. August 10

"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he’s been a governor for three years, he’s been able but undistinguished. I don’t think people could really name a big, important thing that he’s done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America. And again, with all due respect to Richmond, Virginia, it’s smaller than Chula Vista, California; Aurora, Colorado; Mesa or Gilbert, Arizona; north Las Vegas or Henderson, Nevada. It’s not a big town. So if he were to pick Governor Kaine, it would be an intensely political choice where he said, `You know what? I’m really not, first and foremost, concerned with, is this person capable of being president of the United States?"

dav4463
08-30-2008, 06:30 AM
You cannot attack this woman.

Experience? She ran the National Guard, she was a governor......more experience as a vice-presidential candidate than the opponent's presidential candidate.

Elitist? Her own son joined the military and is going to Iraq. You cannot say the rich politician's sons get preferential treatment.

Health care? She has a son with special needs. She knows all about health care.

She was a sportscaster...very cool! She knows how to hunt. This woman is awesome!

She's good-looking too!

hcap
08-30-2008, 06:36 AM
I am not attacking, just pointing out IMHO that there are negatives that would not help McCain. Many pointed out by republicans. Here's a lefty blogger.

http://www.ostroyreport.blogspot.com/

"But when the guy at the top of the ticket, at 72, would be the oldest president in U.S. history, and his health remains a concern given his battle with Melanoma, Palin would be more than a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. Is there any sane American who thinks Palin even remotely has the experience and readiness to be president? Commander-in-Chief? Leader of the free world? Is she who we'd want defending our citizens from terrorists and from our enemies abroad? She's so unqualified it's offensive. Her appointment is so inexplicably irrational that we should seriously begin to wonder if there's some sort of early senility settling in with McCain. And he doesn't help his own case when he's on record saying the only real qualification for vice president is whether that person can step in and be president. If he truly thinks Palin is that person, he's worse off than we think.

In one fell swoop McCain has taken the whole experience issue off the table. This had been a key weapon in his arsenal against Obama. Palin is younger than Obama, less experienced, has less national name recognition and zero foreign policy experience. The real take-away here is that in his first major "presidential" decision, McCain so clearly demonstrates poor judgement that it's obvious that it's he, not Palin, who should be nowhere near the Oval Office."

bettheoverlay
08-30-2008, 07:49 AM
I can't imagine many Hillary women voting for McCain because of Palin, more likely despite her. This seems more a ploy to enrapture the white male vote. By reading the responses on this thread that's working, at least with his own base of supporters. Imagine the outcry if she wasn't a beautiful women. But then lack of experience on the other team - very bad, lack of experience our team - no problem.

xtb
08-30-2008, 08:04 AM
the smear has started.........try this one

"Sarah Palin's judgment is despicalble. She knowingly whelped a Mongoloid child earlier this year, probably to pander to the Right to Life Nutbags.
Irresponsible decisions like hers dilutes the viability of the American Gene Pool. No wonder why we are falling farther and farther behind in an increasingly competitive global economic environment.

Her OB should have cut her tubes after her first child!!!

Posted by: paul Curooke "

Apparently this moron doesn't know that 99.999% of males with Down's are sterile. Maybe people like him are the ones diluting our gene pool.

ArlJim78
08-30-2008, 08:39 AM
the experience issue is still in play, as Palin has an experience edge over Obama.
Obama has done little more than make speeches as a senator and posture himself for his presidential bid. Meanwhile Palin has been an effective executive reformer with tangible accomplishements.

rgustafson
08-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Look, depending on your persuasion you can spin this choice anyway you like, but at the end of the day it seems to be pandering to the women voters.

boomman
08-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I agree 1000%.

I think she energizes the base as no other candidate can (Romney and all the other "knowns" were nothing but a yawn fest at this point). I also think her relative lack of experience is NOT a hindrance, but an additional SPOTLIGHT on how utterly INEXPERIENCED Obama truly is.

Whenever someone goes to open their mouth to say Palin has very little experience, they're going to have to examine once again how little experience Obama has, and he's AT THE TOP of the Dem ticket...

This is a brilliant move in my opinion. Hardly ANYONE was talking about Obama's speech today....they were all talking about Palin....

Can't wait for her to take on that old professional politician from that hotbed of Delaware in the debates! Give him hell Sarah!;)

Boomer

RaceBookJoe
08-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but cnbc ranan interview between palin and bartiromo...and palin impressed me, mainly because I didnt know much about her. She seems well spoken and strong. I didnt realize that some alaskans are paying $10 a gallon for gas. If you missed it, try to catch it as i am sure they will replay it this weekend. rbj

Tom
08-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I think she might be better qualified than Juan Mac.:rolleyes:

Of the two tickets, the best I can make out of it is Palin/Biden.

wes
08-30-2008, 11:28 AM
She will be pandering for all votes. She knows AMERICA and what it stands for. She is AMERICA. What is OBAMA? An empty suite with a lot of bull shit to the highest degree. His running mate was picked to pull his HONEY wagon.

wes

broadreach
08-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Her speech was outstanding. Not fazed by the world focusing on her, she touched several areas.
Also, I don't think experience will be a major factor. She seems the type who would search the best advisors because she would want to make the best decision. Well done to McCain for finding a smart person.

Greyfox
08-30-2008, 12:13 PM
I am not attacking, just pointing out IMHO that there are negatives that would not help McCain. Many pointed out by republicans. Here's a lefty blogger.

http://www.ostroyreport.blogspot.com/

"But when the guy at the top of the ticket, at 72, would be the oldest president in U.S. history, and his health remains a concern given his battle with Melanoma, Palin would be more than a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. Is there any sane American who thinks Palin even remotely has the experience and readiness to be president? Commander-in-Chief? Leader of the free world? Is she who we'd want defending our citizens from terrorists and from our enemies abroad? She's so unqualified it's offensive."

It seems that the quote above that is in bold letters applies to Obama as well if we change the gender references.

"Is there any sane American who thinks Obama even remotely has the experience and readiness to be president? Commander-in-Chief? Leader of the free world? Is he who we'd want defending our citizens from terrorists and from our enemies abroad? He's so unqualified it's offensive."

wonatthewire1
08-30-2008, 01:03 PM
If she becomes Prez, I think both Ahmadinejad and Putin will be shaking in their boots!

I think once people start digging some, a few things will come out that the Dims will allow her to sink on...

http://www.adn.com/opinion/comment/story/295464.html

Strangely (though I don't follow it that closely) the Repugs haven't gone after Biden too much...

Just think if you were Romney or Pawliney today?

How many votes did Romney get in the primaries? Shouldn't he have been the Veep - just like HillyBilly should have been the Dim pick?

BetHorses!
08-30-2008, 01:32 PM
How many votes did Romney get in the primaries? Shouldn't he have been the Veep - just like HillyBilly should have been the Dim pick?

exactly. McCain would have chosen Romney if Hillary was selected, probably would have lost but Obama made the mistake of not choosing Hillary. Say what you want but its math and Hillary would have won it for him. Anything short of her and Obama is rolling the dice.

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 01:40 PM
A while back I exchanged PM's with some on this board about her. I just didn't think McCain would do it.

Certainly an incredibly ballsy move. I think I've heard he talked to her privately for 15 minutes last year at the Governors convention, and then again briefly on the phone while she was at the fair last week.

That is just plain astonishing to me, she must have made quite an impression.

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Everybody who meets her says she makes an impression.

some of the cnbc interview here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GE11URmmnc

I read that she ran a fishing business with her husband, and flew "Bush planes" that impresses me. Flying in Alaska is very challenging.

BetHorses!
08-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Certainly an incredibly ballsy move. I think I've heard he talked to her privately for 15 minutes last year at the Governors convention, and then again briefly on the phone while she was at the fair last week.

IMO Mccain did not look comfortable standing next to her yesterday. On the other side Obama Biden look very comfortable with each other. She may be the greatest thing ever but 60 days is too short a time period to get to know her.

The test of a VP is can that person be President, she handled herself well and I liked her but the answer is no. The more people think about this the conclusion will be that McCain made an irresponsible choice for his country.

dav4463
08-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Democrats are so scared of a strong woman.

They want to give the impression that they are for the women, minorities, and the homosexuals, etc., but all they really want to do is keep them down.

Now a strong woman gets on the Republican ticket and they are scared!

Obama for the first time, realizes that he may lose.

linrom1
08-30-2008, 02:29 PM
The Republican Party establishment literally put screws to McCain. Poor guy now has EXXON VALDEZ and Leona Hemsley all in one package as his running mate.

A vote for McCain is a vote for EXXON and Republican party apparatchiks. McCain has no freaking clue who and what she is. She is going to be a thorn on his side even worse than Dick Cheney is for GWB---a stinking party zombie and a mole in McCain's White House.

But----it ain't going to happen.

toetoe
08-30-2008, 02:34 PM
How about John going Paul Anka to Sarah's Odia Coates in a funky --- not to say creepy --- rendition of Havin' My Baby ? Might be rated :3x: in Beantown.

chickenhead
08-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Democrats are so scared of a strong woman.

They want to give the impression that they are for the women, minorities, and the homosexuals, etc., but all they really want to do is keep them down.

Now a strong woman gets on the Republican ticket and they are scared!

This is the equivalent of someone saying anyone who doesn't vote for Obama is a racist. My response to this is the same as the proper response to that charge: go f yourself, dipstick.

I don't know if anyone here has been goofy enough to make that charge vis a vis Obama, but I'm sorry to see it took exactly one day for it to get thrown out on the other side.

Blanket accusations of racism, sexism, and the like, demean the accuser more than the accused, as it's a substitute for thought.

wonatthewire1
08-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Interesting...

One of her websites is being cleaned right now...

http://www.palinforgovernor.com/aboutSarah.html

A bit of talk about her having a shot-gun wedding while carrying her son...

But abstinence for everyone else? Might play some in some parts of the country...

:lol:

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 02:53 PM
nothing hotter than a smart conservative women!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
08-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Glenn Beck gave her the thumbs up awhile back talking to Scott Rasmussen.

"-------
GLENN: Anybody that John McCain could select?

RASMUSSEN: You know, I've been going over this and nobody, there's no silver bullets. I think the reason that I've finally come to that conclusion is most Republicans who have been saying this is the person that John McCain has to pick are people who didn't really want John McCain to be the nominee and they are saying we need somebody who can win despite of the fact that John McCain is the nominee. There is -- you know, you can make a case that Sarah Palin, the Alaskan governor who is very strong on the energy issue.

GLENN: I love her. Can I tell you something? I think she would be a brilliant pick because she's a total fresh face. She is -- she would be, you know, the first woman vice president. She is plain spoken. She is strong on energy. She speaks the language of the American people. I mean, I just think she would be off the charts."

ArlJim78
08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Interesting...

One of her websites is being cleaned right now...

http://www.palinforgovernor.com/aboutSarah.html

A bit of talk about her having a shot-gun wedding while carrying her son...

But abstinence for everyone else? Might play some in some parts of the country...

i'm guessing it will play in a few more places than the philosophies of Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Many liberals and the comedy programs have jokes or accused VP Chaney of being in charge instead of Pres. Bush. How are they going to like it when many on the right and the comedy programs joke and accuse VP Biden of being in charge instead of Pres. Obama? Far more experience in Biden, if I was forced to choose between only these two, I would rather have Biden as Pres, and Obama as VP.

wonatthewire1
08-30-2008, 03:22 PM
nothing hotter than a smart conservative women!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I know everyone has been talking about this in this manner...

But she does absolutely nothing for me - maybe it is her mouth and chin that seem very unappealing....

wonatthewire1
08-30-2008, 03:27 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm272/socratic_kos/ticket_main-1.jpg

WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR FLAG LAPEL PINS!

Tom
08-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I would trade all the experience in the world for a little integrity in my president.

Of the four running, Palin and Biden may have it all locked up. The two tic-tops certainly come up short IMHO.

Just a thought, does she have any nursing experience?
Maybe she was hired to be his nurse and VP is a cover.:lol::lol::lol:

equicom
08-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Integrity etc probably don't mean very much anyway because apparently the ordinary people are not as in control as they think. I know this because thanks to the miracle of television, I was able to listen in on this secret meeting where the people who really control the power were singing this evil anthem:

All: Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!

Karl: Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
Lenny: Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
Alien: We do! We do!

All: Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!

Skinner: Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Homer: Who rigs every Oscar night?
All: We do! We do!

So if your favorite candidate doesn't make it to the White House, you know who to blame it on. That's right. The Stonecutters.

canleakid
08-30-2008, 04:23 PM
looks very very much like tina fay and charmaine bucco (arties wife from the sopranos) :eek:

equicom
08-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Could be dangerous voting for the family types, anyway. Remember Chelsea?

I noticed that in the original photo, only the girl in the blue dress and the guy standing behind her seem to be sincere. Everyone else in the pic seems to be forcing their smiles.

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I know everyone has been talking about this in this manner...

But she does absolutely nothing for me - maybe it is her mouth and chin that seem very unappealing....

maybe you should re-read what I wrote?

"smart" "Conservative" are the operative words.

bigmack
08-30-2008, 04:40 PM
I noticed that in the original photo, only the girl in the blue dress and the guy standing behind her seem to be sincere. Everyone else in the pic seems to be forcing their smiles.
You are about as confused as a person gets. Your "observations" border on the delusional. Scratch that, they're downright psychotic.

wonatthewire1
08-30-2008, 04:48 PM
maybe you should re-read what I wrote?

"smart" "Conservative" are the operative words.

Oh, I'm "getting" it
:)

Thanks for advising that she was "smart" - didn't know that - but I guess we'll see sooner or later.

Have to question her "smarts" going for a national campaign with a premature baby in the house (4 months old?) - but I guess her husband can be a stay-at-home dad or one of the daughters can pick up the slack. That "may" help in picking up some of the female vote.

Hey but to each their own - still doesn't solve the problem of 2 liebrals running at the top of each ticket.

:confused:

equicom
08-30-2008, 04:54 PM
You are about as confused as a person gets. Your "observations" border on the delusional. Scratch that, they're downright psychotic.

I don't know:

a) Why you would even bother to post a flame for no good reason
b) What you're basing that on

And take a look at the pic of Sarah and McCain and tell me that smile does not look forced? She looks like she's about to give birth or something. It's what made me go back and take a look at the other pic.

bigmack
08-30-2008, 05:58 PM
And take a look at the pic of Sarah and McCain and tell me that smile does not look forced? She looks like she's about to give birth or something. It's what made me go back and take a look at the other pic.
You're an odd duck. You're able to determine the sincerity of a smile from people you don't know from a moment in time? You're gifted. Step to the back of the short bus.

equicom
08-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm able to recognize tension. Yes it's a gift. So sorry that you can't recognize tension when you see it.

ps. Sorry for failing to respond to your PM, but your inbox is full.

bigmack
08-30-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm able to recognize tension. Yes it's a gift.
:lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26461777#26461777

a little sports news from Sarah Palin

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Biden been drinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN5khF2i2ek

compare Biden and Palin's no teleprompter remarks from yesterday?

Just saying.................

RichieP
08-30-2008, 07:12 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26461777#26461777

a little sports news from Sarah Palin

She's hot JR! :ThmbUp:

Shenanigans
08-30-2008, 07:13 PM

What impresses me at first glance is that she had a tough fight to win the guv's office and came thru well. Nowhere near the negative baggage that can come with governing a "small state" (se Bill for example).

Hey be nice - they launched Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex and Curlins' career.:p

HUSKER55
08-30-2008, 07:20 PM
The easiest way to get suport is to let Obama and Bidden talk. The more the media tries to shove Obama and Bidel down their throat the more they will turn to McCain at the polls.

I don't know about your neck of the woods but where I am at the local paper can't be trusted, every tv channel is slanted a different direction and there is a talk show about everything from every point of view. Some times I wonder why we don't have more problems than we do.

It will be interesting to see how either camp gets people off of dead center. I think McCain and Palin will do the trick but it is going to be interesting to see what happens next.

I just have a problem believing that anybody with half a brain would watch a slanted news program or read a slanted newspaper and not check out the opposing side before making a vote.

We all take our shots but we read every bodies opinions. We are not 'shooting blind'. We read, study and validate our opinions.

Don't you find it frightening to think that members of this board are the only ones who read, study validate info and engage in debate?

I prefer to think that all Americans do that,...we are just more vocal than others.

husker55

so.cal.fan
08-30-2008, 07:55 PM
I like Sarah Palin :
I like her platform: cut the unnecessary spending, don't cater to special interests and put the power where it belongs, in the hands of the people!

toetoe
08-30-2008, 08:41 PM
chick,

Are you actually saying you are anti-dipstick ? That's gaugeism, er sump'm.
(:Wagging finger sternly.)

linrom1
08-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Decision Made, now the predictable results. Blowback, read some of the comments from non-Cons.

Link (http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/what-is-mccain-thinking-one-alaskans-perspective/)

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Decision Made, now the predictable results. Blowback, read some of the comments from non-Cons.

Link (http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/what-is-mccain-thinking-one-alaskans-perspective/)

The person who wrote your article was not the target of the nomination. In the target group, the nom went over very well. Check this quote:

Camille Paglia: “Palin is as Tough as Nails…”
“We may be seeing the first woman president. As a Democrat, I am reeling . . . That was the best political speech I have ever seen delivered by an American woman politician. [Sarah] Palin is as tough as nails… Good Lord, we had barely 12 hours of Democrat optimism.....… It was a stunningly timed piece of PR by the Republicans.” — Camille Paglia

The Conservatives that were not behind McCain, are happy about it and have contributed over 7 million dollars in the last two days to McCain/Palin.

In fact there is talk that no matter what happens in November, the question is, who will run with Palin in 2012?

Once again, you don't get it...........why does that not surprise me?

linrom1
08-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Actually I did think that she is being thrown in there to get more experience for 2012, which would be a lot more credible move. Since Obama is being set up for failure anyway, that would make sense.

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Another Governor with only two years experience............

he did ok..... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Roosevelt) <-------click here

JustRalph
08-30-2008, 11:50 PM
The Red State update guys......... on Palin

I was a little tired of these guys, but this line is great

" I don't care what the Democrats or Bullwinkle says" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W5IAPK0hbU

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2008, 04:08 AM
And take a look at the pic of Sarah and McCain and tell me that smile does not look forced?I don't think the smiles look forced at all. That picture of Palin was taken many moons ago...

equicom
08-31-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't see how the age of the picture is relevant.

rastajenk
09-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I don't see how you are.

hcap
09-02-2008, 09:41 AM
If McSame and his advisers thought Palin would sway disenchanted Hillary voters, well now they better hope all their whistling past the graveyard rhetoric is more than just hype.

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/426/0901PostConv1_ooolll.gif

canleakid
09-02-2008, 10:58 AM
"i see the left blogs are working"
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :faint: :faint: :faint:

IT'S NOT THE "LEFTY" 0R "RIGHTY" BLOG THING :)
BUT IT MIGHT BE TIME TO BOGARD THE KOOL AID :lol: :lol: :D :D ;)

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 11:42 AM
ANYONE who would knowingly bring a poor Down's child into this world when they had a chance to do otherwise is a dolt. Their last years (usually not more than 30-35) are usually full of medical problems, pain and suffering.

Tom
09-02-2008, 11:52 AM
What a digusting pig of person you are.

magwell
09-02-2008, 11:55 AM
ANYONE who would knowingly bring a poor Down's child into this world when they had a chance to do otherwise is a dolt. Their last years (usually not more than 30-35) are usually full of medical problems, pain and suffering. Dont always agree with you, but your right on the money with this one.....

magwell
09-02-2008, 11:58 AM
What a digusting pig of person you are. Tom can say anything about anyone here but if you call him a big mouth you are in trouble, whats that all about ?

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Tom can say anything about anyone here but if you call him a big mouth you are in trouble, whats that all about ?
The righty squad always gets protected.

Greyfox
09-02-2008, 12:14 PM
May God Bless anyone who has the courage to bring and raise a Downs Syndrome child into this world. This child will need special attention and will be very draining on all forms of family resources. I admire Mrs. Palin's courage in accepting this challenge from God. Also, may God Bless her child.
In the meanwhile, I'm forever reminded that there but for the Grace of God go I.

Tampa Russ
09-02-2008, 12:47 PM
What a digusting pig of person you are.

http://www.ntscblog.com/images/fullsize/whole_hog.jpg

Someone just had to go ahead and mention pig this close to dinner time...guess I'll have to fire up the smoker.

Tom
09-02-2008, 12:56 PM
magwell and 46 are both lost in the fog and neither has a clue what they are talking about. Please do not quote magwell - this negates my ignore of his lunacy and drivel.

RichieP
09-02-2008, 01:13 PM
ANYONE who would knowingly bring a poor Down's child into this world when they had a chance to do otherwise is a dolt. Their last years (usually not more than 30-35) are usually full of medical problems, pain and suffering.

Better to have lived and loved then never to have lived at all Tim. My neighbors son Anthony has it. He is 20-21 now. His dad takes him to the marina with him where he works and the young man really likes the boats and water. I don't know his every day life and hardships but I have seen him smiling.

His parents shower him with affection openly which to see is really cool. I don't know maybe that is all there is.

This from Wilkpedia about life expectancy:
Life expectancy

These factors can contribute to a shorter life expectancy for people with Down syndrome. One study, carried out in the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) in 2002, showed an average lifespan of 49 years, with considerable variations between different ethnic and socio-economic groups.

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Better to have lived and loved then never to have lived at all Tim. My neighbors son Anthony has it. He is 20-21 now. His dad takes him to the marina with him where he works and the young man really likes the boats and water. I don't know his every day life and hardships but I have seen him smiling.

His parents shower him with affection openly which to see is really cool. I don't know maybe that is all there is.
The reason I went into medicine was my cousin and his battles with Cerebral palsy. An unfortunate medical condition needs compassion and care.

WHEN A MEDICAL CONDITION IS PREVENTABLE, it is an selfish idiot who forces that life on an innocent.

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 01:29 PM
magwell and 46 are both lost in the fog and neither has a clue what they are talking about. Please do not quote magwell - this negates my ignore of his lunacy and drivel.
Yes your years in medicine really allow you to have an educated opionion in this regard.

lsbets
09-02-2008, 01:56 PM
You're simply an idiot 46. Its that simple.

Bruddah
09-02-2008, 02:16 PM
May God Bless anyone who has the courage to bring and raise a Downs Syndrome child into this world. This child will need special attention and will be very draining on all forms of family resources. I admire Mrs. Palin's courage in accepting this challenge from God. Also, may God Bless her child.
In the meanwhile, I'm forever reminded that there but for the Grace of God go I.

Couldn't have said it better. This post is obviously from a person which places God's Laws first and Man's Law secondary.

ezrabrooks
09-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Yes your years in medicine really allow you to have an educated opionion in this regard.

46...off the wall comments like this are the reason I do not play Hastings any longer...and feel pretty good about it. They support you...so I am not supporting them.

Ez

RichieP
09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
WHEN A MEDICAL CONDITION IS PREVENTABLE, it is an selfish idiot who forces that life on an innocent.

Missed the point as per usual

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
46...off the wall comments like this are the reason I do not play Hastings any longer...and feel pretty good about it. They support you...so I am not supporting them.

Ez
what a a really inane comment. I am going to have to put that in my stupidly hall of fame!

RichieP
09-02-2008, 02:51 PM

Beautiful post Grey. God Bless you.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Shit, the only people tim/46zilzal is willing to declare war on is the unborn, esp. the developmently imperfect, and maybe their parents. I wouldn't wish your life and inner self on anybody, no matter how great you think your are.

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Shit, the only people tim/46zilzal is willing to declare war on is the unborn, esp. the developmently imperfect, and maybe their parents. I wouldn't wish your life and inner self on anybody, no matter how great you think your are.
That is a decision of the parents.They are responsible parties either way.

Wondered how long it would be before that mythological GOD would get interjected into the conversation.

Tom
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
People like you should be grateful that so many believe in God. Otherwise, what possible reason would there be to let you stay alive? You would have been an abortion a long time ago.

JustRalph
09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Wow, just when I thought 46 had shown himself to be "all he can be" he tops it............ Amazing............ to wear those kind of blinders............in life must be nice. You are blind to many things sir. I feel sorry for you.

Just another piece of tissue huh? To be excised? Funny how that works.

chickenhead
09-02-2008, 03:45 PM
hey guys, there is plenty of fun stuff to make fun of her on....lets keep her baby and grandbaby out of it.

I've decided I've no choice to figure she fits right in with the rest of these bums the more I hear about (which was my inital reaction after finding her bridge to nowhere claims, pretty much the first words out of her mouth on the nat'l scene, were lies). But realistically, I can't hold her to a higher standard.

But it is a joy to hear about someone new for a change, how she thought the founding fathers wrote the pledge of allegiance, how she (is rumored to have)belonged to an Alaskan secesionist group (Country First, oh the irony). Why any normal person would run for office, even considering just the within-the limits stuff they bring up, much less the personal stuff..

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Some of the physical characteristics observed in persons with Down syndrome include the following: the back of the head is often flattened, the eyelids may be slightly slanted, small skin folds at the inner corners of the eyes may be present, the nasal bridge is slightly depressed, and the nose and ears are usually somewhat smaller. In the newborn there is often an excess of skin at the back of the neck. The hands and feet are small and the fingerprints are often different from chromosomally normal children.

Individuals with Down syndrome have loose ligaments and their muscle strength and tone are usually reduced. If the ligaments between the first two neck bones are loose, there may be a condition referred to as Atlanto-Axial Instability. About one-third of children with Down syndrome have congenital heart disease. Other congenital defects such as blockage in the bowels and cataracts, although rare, may also be present. Hearing deficits, visual problems, and thyroid dysfunction are often observed in persons with Down syndrome.

Their last few years are miserable often blind and bed ridden.

Knowing you could stop all this and didn't is CRIMINAL.

bigmack
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Knowing you could stop all this and didn't is CRIMINAL.
Strap this on, Dr. Frankenfurter.

Abortion procedure boosts the risk of delivering a future baby with cerebral palsy.
Linkarooni (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36363)

equicom
09-02-2008, 04:05 PM
You're forgetting something, Zilly. In their country, most people are also opposed to euthanasia.

Some of them will fight passionately for Michael Vick's right to a second chance after hanging, electrocuting and drowning dogs. But heaven help the fellow who suggests that a terminal lung cancer patient who can barely draw breath without indescribable agony should have the right to end his own life peacefully and with dignity.

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Strap this on, Dr. Frankenfurter.

Abortion procedure boosts the risk of delivering a future baby with cerebral palsy.
Linkarooni (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36363)
ONLY Reputable references accepted.

There is a yokel group here who have been plastering billboards with that bilge for the last year.

Medical evaluation in a controlled statistically significant study.....Try and find that as opposed to some newspaper article by right to life idiots.

equicom
09-02-2008, 04:09 PM
"Linkarooni"

What the..... are you related to Ned Flanders?

chickenhead
09-02-2008, 04:10 PM
You're forgetting something, Zilly. In their country, most people are also opposed to euthanasia.

It's actually around 70-75% in favor of legalizing. Thanks for playing, you can get your door prize on the way out.

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Beral V, Bull D, Doll R, Peto R, Reeves G; Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer.

BACKGROUND: The Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer has brought together the worldwide epidemiological evidence on the possible relation between breast cancer and previous spontaneous and induced abortions. METHODS: Data on individual women from 53 studies undertaken in 16 countries with liberal abortion laws were checked and analysed centrally. Relative risks of breast cancer--comparing the effects of having had a pregnancy that ended as an abortion with those of never having had that pregnancy--were calculated, stratified by study, age at diagnosis, parity, and age at first birth. Because the extent of under-reporting of past induced abortions might be influenced by whether or not women had been diagnosed with breast cancer, results of the studies--including a total of 44000 women with breast cancer--that used prospective information on abortion (ie, information that had been recorded before the diagnosis of breast cancer) were considered separately from results of the studies--including 39000 women with the disease--that used retrospective information (recorded after the diagnosis of breast cancer). FINDINGS: The overall relative risk of breast cancer, comparing women with a prospective record of having had one or more pregnancies that ended as a spontaneous abortion versus women with no such record, was 0.98 (95% CI 0.92-1.04, p=0.5). The corresponding relative risk for induced abortion was 0.93 (0.89-0.96, p=0.0002). Among women with a prospective record of having had a spontaneous or an induced abortion, the risk of breast cancer did not differ significantly according to the number or timing of either type of abortion.

46zilzal
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
It's actually around 70-75% in favor of legalizing. Thanks for playing, you can get your door prize on the way out.
I would really like to take some of these "arms length" philosophers into an extended care facility to see how many individuals make overtures all the time at someone "helping them out" of this world. It is heart wrenching to see, for example, a Huntington's chorea patient, knowing what is in store for them, BEFORE the dementia sets in, plead with staff and friends to help them get the end over with.

See a few other trauma and degenerative neurological syndromes and the pitiful state these individuals are in and it would soften up this ridiculous "ivory tower" attitude.

equicom
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM

Anyone can slant a survery to get whatever answers they want. It helps a lot to ask that kind of question in a liberal, non-bible-belt, area of course.

So, anyway, you call your country "democratic", and according to you a majority of people want to legalize euthanaisa, but it doesn't happen.... hmmmm!!!! That doesn't sound very democratic, does it?

In fact, your public prosecutors go out of their way to pillory and prosecute anyone suspected of assisting suicide, don't they?

bigmack
09-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Try and find that as opposed to some newspaper article by right to life idiots.
This is all I could find.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/newspaper-1.jpg

chickenhead
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Anyone can slant a survery to get whatever answers they want. It helps a lot to ask that kind of question in a liberal, non-bible-belt, area of course.

So, anyway, you call your country "democratic", and according to you a majority of people want to legalize euthanaisa, but it doesn't happen.... hmmmm!!!! That doesn't sound very democratic, does it?

In fact, your public prosecutors go out of their way to pillory and prosecute anyone suspected of assisting suicide, don't they?

So far as I can tell, euthanaisa is legal in the following places:

Switzerland
Belgium
Netherlands
and
Oregon, US.

Euthanaisa is legal in the US, just not everywhere. I assume since you're an expert on the matter you realize it's up to the individual states, and so far only Oregon has bothered to pass a law legalizing it. Why so few? Because it hasn't been a real hot button issue, even in those places where people largely support it.

equicom
09-02-2008, 04:58 PM
iggzackly

Politicians are afraid to back it. And why? Fear of public backlash at the polling booth. And if everyone was truly in favor (i.e. if the church had a lot less power) then there'd be no logical basis for that fear.

Secretariat
09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Hope PA doesnt close this thread. It's been fun. I don't think he chose Palin because she's a woman. Heck, he could have chosen two experienced women such as Kay Bailey Hutchison or Libby Dole if he wanted that. Instead, he chose Sarah Palin. From her being in favor of abstinence and sexual education and ending up with a pregnant daughter, to leaving a town of 4600 with a 30 million dollar debt, to speaking to and supporting a party that advocated the secession of Alaska, to not knowing what a VP does, to firing police chiefs and librarians.

Here's a bit on this last issue:

http://blackstarnews.com/?c=135&a=4835

From the police chief she fired based on the following:

"When the Alaska legislature proposed expanding Alaska’s already liberal laws to include carrying concealed weapons in schools, banks and bars, Stambaugh and several other Alaska police chiefs opposed the legislation. “We were simply applying common sense to the use of guns,” Stambaugh noted. “Even in the Old West, you left your guns at the door. Guns and booze don’t mix.”

“Sarah is extremely media savvy and has always been good at promoting herself,” said Stambaugh. “McCain was obviously looking for a female candidate, someone who was different, new—a fresh face. There’s been a lot of excitement generated around the novelty of it.”

Stambaugh, a big bear of a man at 6’2” and 260 pounds, is not buying any of it. “Those of us who have worked with her know better,” he declared.

Apparently, McCain, did not do a lot of vetting Palin’s political past prior to her last-minute selection. No one from McCain’s office called Stambaugh, who served a tour of duty in Vietnam following the Tet Offensive in 1968.

“Even Palin’s own mother-in-law, Faye Palin, said that she doesn’t agree with Sarah on anything and that the only reason McCain selected her is because she’s a woman,” Stambaugh noted. “I think that pretty much says it all. I certainly wouldn’t want her to have the nuclear codes to our country’s defense system.”

As for her administrative style working in the White House, Stambaugh observed: “I’m not sure if she’d be able to get away with it in Washington. There might be more exposure and scrutiny. But she’s certainly not one to change her ways.”

And as to the librarian, Palin simply wanted to censor some books from the library and the librarian refused.

Just gets better and better. Vote McSame-Palin!

wonatthewire1
09-02-2008, 05:17 PM
So far as I can tell, euthanaisa is legal in the following places:

Switzerland
Belgium
Netherlands
and
Oregon, US.

Euthanaisa is legal in the US, just not everywhere. I assume since you're an expert on the matter you realize it's up to the individual states, and so far only Oregon has bothered to pass a law legalizing it. Why so few? Because it hasn't been a real hot button issue, even in those places where people largely support it.

Just to close this piece out, having worked in the business end of it, usually when the Medicare money runs out - that is usually it - but almost always goes to the end point no matter what the prognosis is.

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't see how the age of the picture is relevant.I took your post as saying you thought the pictures of McCain and Palin were taken recently and/or together in the same room, thus making their smiles look "forced," as if they don't really like each other. Perhaps you should explain exactly what you meant so that such confusion does not arise in the future.

Why would they be forcing smiles? Do you think they are inherently unhappy and would choose to be frowning if not forced to smile?

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Another useless thread...is it time to temporarily close off-topic again?