PDA

View Full Version : BRIS subscriber experts

kitts
03-12-2003, 09:57 PM
I don't often have the opportunity to buy $100 in a month from BRIS. I plan to give AllWays V10 a workout but am not eager to pay $14 per card. I see that BRIS offers a $100 a month plan that allegedly drops the cost for these cards to $7. I do not mind committing for $100 but I'm not sure that I want to commit for more than one month. It is not clear to me how BRIS does the $100 month thing and I was hoping somebody on this board would know the drill. I sure don't want to call BRIS on the phone as that experience is not always positive. Any help is appreciated.

BillW
03-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by kitts
I don't often have the opportunity to buy $100 in a month from BRIS. I plan to give AllWays V10 a workout but am not eager to pay $14 per card. I see that BRIS offers a $100 a month plan that allegedly drops the cost for these cards to $7. I do not mind committing for $100 but I'm not sure that I want to commit for more than one month. It is not clear to me how BRIS does the $100 month thing and I was hoping somebody on this board would know the drill. I sure don't want to call BRIS on the phone as that experience is not always positive. Any help is appreciated.

Kitts,

No real gotchas. You sign up and (I believe) receive e-mail confirmation and start using. This is a MINIMUM of $100 per month. Looks at their price list ... you get charged the "Gold Club" prices. Always $100/Mo. more if you run over. No minimum commitment, cancel anytime (I guess when you cancel, you get membership till end of that calendar month. First month is pro-rated if I remember correctly (i.e. 2 weeks = $50.00).

Bill

Trijack
03-12-2003, 10:50 PM
If you want to try it for one month, it is best to start on the first of the month. Then you can cancel your membership on the last day of the month before 5pm est. If you cancel on the first or after on the following month you will get charged for a full month again.

I am currently a gold member, If you would like some help email me.I received the new Always Pro a couple of weeks ago. Still trying to find time to try out the new improvements..

Jack

kitts
03-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the help. I stumbled upon the answer myself, finally. Under "Member Services" on their website. Just received a mailer from AllWays on how great their pro system is. Also, their advice to use "a couple hundred races" can add up. I was hoping to focus on one track but I have to work so I am still a weekend 'capper. If I stay with the one track/weekend thing, I guess it will take a couple of those $100/mo files. I will decide by April 1.

JimG
03-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Kitts,

As a former All-Ways user, I would strongly suggest downloading every day for your track of choice whether you are playing or not.

This is necessary for building accurate profiles.

Jim

kitts
03-13-2003, 06:51 PM
JimG-
Thanks for your input, I will do just that. I'll get to the recommended "couple hundred races" that way quicker.

formula_2002
03-13-2003, 08:35 PM
kitts, i have over 125,000 horses, and i still keep the day job...

I'll let you in on one thing for sure.

Virtually all the factors win inaccordance with their ranking.
That is the top rank wins more then the 2nd rank and so on.

And when you breakdown the rankings, they win inaccordance with the odds.

In that regard they have done a wonderful job.
But now that you know it, and pehaps 100,000 other people know it, no one makes any money..

But if you like numbers, as I do, It's a life's work.

Good Luck

Joe M

andicap
03-14-2003, 01:35 PM
Kitts,

Some All Ways users told me that they save another 20% a month by betting through Brisbet.

formula_2002
03-14-2003, 01:38 PM
ah,, good point andy. Also, you can get sa and gpx live races at brisbet.com

Joe M

BillW
03-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Kitts,

Some All Ways users told me that they save another 20% a month by betting through Brisbet.

I think they are still running their $100 sign-up rebate offer also (for Bris Bet).

Bill

kitts
03-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the Brisbet tip, folks. However, I live in Nevada and we are not legally permitted to place bets outside the state. I have a phonebet account that only allows me to bet within Clark County! So, I'll have to wait for Brisbet or Youbet or any of those groups.

GR1@HTR
03-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Kitts, I have never used ALL in One but I have seen it and it looks very comprehensive. But the cost to build a dB in that thing is a killer....IMHO, you gotta have at least 100 races in your dB/track even to get a smidge of what is happening...To get to 100 it's going to cost you $700. I don't know about you but if you I would hate to pay that. And 100 races isn't really jack squat. My recommendation is to go with an HDW provider if you are looking for a dB. Doesn't the Capper or HSH have something like that with I.V.'s and all that? HTR does but I don't use it that way, some folks do and do well. For $100/month you could instantly have 40 or so races/charts/results of any race track in america.

Speed Figure
03-14-2003, 08:14 PM
I think you were talking about ALL-Ways. $700 That's to much for just a Database.:eek:

GR1@HTR
03-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Yeah, thats it Speed. I knew it was ALL-something...

JimG
03-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by GR1@HTR
To get to 100 it's going to cost you $700. I don't know about you but if you I would hate to pay that. And 100 races isn't really jack squat.

GR1,

I agree with you that All-Ways is expensive, however 100 races would be about 10 cards (figuring 10 races a card) and each card costs $7 on the Gold Plan or $5.40 if you also placed 1 bet through BrisBet.

I believe you meant $70 as opposed to $700 for about 100 races.

Jim

Speed Figure
03-14-2003, 08:44 PM
I don't think 100 races is a big database at all. He had to be talking about 100 race cards.

GR1@HTR
03-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Must of had too much peanut butter in my protien shake...Can't think or type right tonight...I better go take a nap.

Speed Figure
03-14-2003, 09:02 PM
GR1, Which one were you talking about 100 races or 100 race cards?

GR1@HTR
03-14-2003, 09:28 PM
Guess there are two theories when it comes down to data base handicapping.
1) Do you go with short term models.: Last month or couple weeks.
2) Long term models: Last 2 or 3 years of data

Due to peanut butter overdose, my math was very off. Let's say we are going to shoot for a data base based on 100 sprint races.
Your typical card at a major track (lets say GP for example) will have 10 races: 5 Sprints, 3 dirt routes, and 2 turf races.

If we download $7 files (based on past data we don't get the 20% discount) or we can wait for the future and save 20% (but that would take 1 month), it will cost $140.
For $140 we have
100 sprints
60 dirt routes
40 turf races

For $100 to $140/month we can get double the data instantly for every track in North America. Not just 1 track.

Now I will say (speaking from experience), just because you have a data base on a track doesn't mean you will find anything...My experience tells me that your odds are less than 50/50 that you will find good things in your dB for any specific track. It is more of a hit and miss situation. Also sometimes things change month to month and meet to meet.

kitts
03-14-2003, 09:37 PM
And database programs don't "fit" my style. Which means AllWays will have to do something special. I have no problem using a small sample and I am intrigued with the "gap" thing-a concept that has done well for me in the past. Guess I'll just wait and see.

The Capper, All-In-One, HTR, and HSH all use HDW as a data source which is unlimited data for $100 which I like. But a lot of software depends on the BRIS data. Personally, I like manual entry since it gives me a second look at the race but it takes longer.

If I find out anything grand, I'll share.

andicap
03-15-2003, 06:33 AM
Kitts,
I hope you don't mind me asking but you use Netcapper. If that program is so good, why think of changing?

levinmpa
03-15-2003, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't bother spending that kind of cash just to get a sniff of that data. If you don't have at least several hundred races, the data will be meaningless. If you really want to give yourself a chance and get good value for your dollar you have to go with HTR. For $119 flat fee per month you can download unlimited race cards, results, charts, trainer stats, and track profiles. E-mail Ken Massa and he'll almost certainly give you a one week trial. With this one week, you can download every card, result file and chart file for every track over the past 2 months. I know Bris won't do that. So you'll have 2 months of data without spending a nickle, then you can decide if this is something that you want to do. All I know is it's the best $119 per month I've ever spent. I can query any angle I want in seconds instead of hours or days if I had to do it manually. You can't put a price on the hours of time this will save you. The HTR Members forum will help you along the way. Anytime I've had a question about something, I'll post it on the forum and will have my answer within an hour or two.

I've only been using HTR for 6 months, but have already found a couple of angle that produce 10-15% profits over 13,000 races.

Here's the web site. Get started today, and best of luck.

http://www.homebased2.com/km/

formula_2002
03-15-2003, 11:08 AM
levinmpa

I just took a quick look at some of the txt files that seem to contain the data that is used in the software programs.

As a guy who has been using down loaded data from various sources for the past 13 years, at first blush, the data vs price appears to be well worth it.

I'll check it out further

Joe M

kitts
03-15-2003, 11:37 AM
levinmpa and all-
As some of you know I worked at HDW for three years when they first started up in a garage (Equibase liked our title:4 guys in a garage)and I got to know Ken Massa quite well and I saw his program develop from the beginning and it is excellent. The $119 to me is not a heavy burden for unlimited data. I know I have to give it another look soon. Thanks for the vote.

andicapper-
Yes I use The Capper (netcapper) and I like it. I have gotten in the habit of using more than one software in helping me make my decisions. And, as you may have gathered, I am a bit of a software junkie