PDA

View Full Version : Obama's speech

dav4463
08-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Sieg Heil ....Sieg Heil.....SIEG HEIL.....SIEG HEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else notice a Hitler mustache starting to grow?

Hank
08-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Sieg Heil ....Sieg Heil.....SIEG HEIL.....SIEG HEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sieg Heil?:lol::lol:

Greyfox
08-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Obama gave an excellent speech.
He is an top notch orator and as I've said before a "Philosopher King."
His arguments for change in Washington have obviously lit a fire among many individuals who feel disenfranchised by Government who are tired of the same old same old. The speech will definitely go over big time with youth.

My problem with Obama are the number of discrepancies that are evident between what he says and what he does.
For instance, let me be really "concrete" re: his comments tonight about we should be our brother's keeper. You don't have to go one blood relative away to see he doesn't practice what he says, so it was hard for me to take it to a more abstract level.

But credit where credit is due. His speech was very good. It wasn't anywhere as strong as Martin Luther King's "I HAVE A Dream Speech," but it was a very good speech.

dav4463
08-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Sieg Heil?:lol::lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sieg_Heil

LottaKash
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
I fear for our nation's future.......:confused:

mostpost
08-29-2008, 12:19 AM

What in Obama's speech makes you think Sieg Heil is an appropriate response?
Was it when Obama said that he would end the tax breaks for corporations?
The Nazis were strong supportors of German corporations. In fact another name for Facsism is corporatism. In fact, the Nazis supplied slave labor for German businesses.
Perhaps it was when he said while we must be responsible for ourselves we also have an obligation to each other. Yeah, that sure is a Nazi characteristic. :rolleyes:
Maybe it was when he talked about helping those who were less fortunate or undergoing hard times. I can still remember when Hitler got the Nobel peace prize for his humanitarian acts. :ThmbDown:
Maybe you think it's appropriate because Obama is black and we all know how popular minorities were in Nazi Germany.
Again I ask you, "What in Obama's speech makes you think Seig Heil is an appropriate response? You fool!!

NJ Stinks
08-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I fear for our nation's future.......:confused:

But the last 8 years don't bother you?

dav4463
08-29-2008, 12:48 AM
What in Obama's speech makes you think Sieg Heil is an appropriate response?
Was it when Obama said that he would end the tax breaks for corporations?
The Nazis were strong supportors of German corporations. In fact another name for Facsism is corporatism. In fact, the Nazis supplied slave labor for German businesses.
Perhaps it was when he said while we must be responsible for ourselves we also have an obligation to each other. Yeah, that sure is a Nazi characteristic. :rolleyes:
Maybe it was when he talked about helping those who were less fortunate or undergoing hard times. I can still remember when Hitler got the Nobel peace prize for his humanitarian acts. :ThmbDown:
Maybe you think it's appropriate because Obama is black and we all know how popular minorities were in Nazi Germany.
Again I ask you, "What in Obama's speech makes you think Seig Heil is an appropriate response? You fool!!

Because he is fluff over substance. Because he can mesmerize and hypnotize a crowd of 80,000. If he went nuts tonight and commanded those people to do anything...they would do it for him. Because he is more concerned with putting on a big show (rally) than talking specifically about anything. He is mobilizing the youth "Obama youth" to do his beckoning. We don't know anything about him, yet the public is enamored with him. He has been pushed as the savior of the country by a media who gives him a pass on anything that might damage his winning the White House.

I really doubt that I am the only one who noticed the crowd with a glazed look over their eyes, hanging on his every word, looking up to their new Messiah, with hope for change and all that crap......it sure looked like the old Nazi propaganda films where all the crowds lined up to salute Hitler with the same glazed look on their eyes while their children not knowing any better saw him as their savior.

I NEVER said Obama was like Hitler. I don't think he is evil. I think he has good intentions. I just think he does not have the capability to be an effective commander in chief.

I MERELY compared the crowd reaction and the big speech with all the pomp and circumstance to the old Nazi rallies

....and I'm not a fool, I have a college education and a pretty high IQ. Name-calling is the act of a feeble mind trying to express itself forcibly.

bigmack
08-29-2008, 12:56 AM
If McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time showing a 10% chance of change how many Senators can be accused of the same thing - 95%? Certainly, Obama's voting record will be in the 80's.

Most bills pass in landslides around that joint.

mostpost
08-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Apologies for the "you fool" remark. I'm just tired of Republicans saying that Democrats are unpatriotic and hate our country. Long ago I served in the military. No I was not at the Battle Of Little Big Horn.
This was a National Convention Speech. The people there were, of course, enthusiastic supporters. You're going to see the same thing next week in the Twin Cities. (although in that case I have no idea why.)
Now you said he is "fluff over substance" Yet he made specific proposals. On energy, on the economy, on Social Security, and on our role in the world. His ideas are as substantial as you will find in any National Convention acceptance speech. You may not agree with them, but they are there. The purpose of these speeches is not to please the policy wonks, but to serve as a rallying call for the faithful.
You say, no, you imply, that he has no experience. Yet he has been a Senator for as long as Abraham Lincoln was a representative. And he has more political experience than Dwight Eisenhower when he was elected. I am NOT comparing them. I'm just saying that we won't know until we elect him.
And yes, I am willing to take that chance.

I apologize again for my closing remark. Your response proves that I was wrong. Had you posted that first I could have gone to bed earlier.
George

dav4463
08-29-2008, 01:46 AM
No offense taken. I get in fights with my Democrat friends all the time!

I just hate that everything has to be such a big spectacle. It's embarrassing to watch.

Even the SuperBowl or the NBA All-star game does the same thing to me. I can't stand all the extra crap that people feel compelled to do to mesmerize the masses.

Why can't you just let the game be enough?

Why can't the politicians just simply debate each other over the issues and let the public decide without putting on such a show?

We are told to conserve energy, yet the energy used tonight could have set up a thousand families for a year.

I don't think Obama is qualified to be commander in chief. That's my opinion and my vote will represent what I believe. Other people have a different opinion. That's life.

I really hope that the Republican convention is a little more subdued. This one was embarrassing to watch.

Those people in the audience look like cult members to me!

JustRalph
08-29-2008, 03:12 AM
That wasn't Obama. That was Santa Claus. Santa Claus promised us everything under the sun.

Once Again a stadium full of wingnuts sat there and believed it. The same thing will happen next week.

Amazing.............

barn32
08-29-2008, 03:30 AM
I thought it was a very good convention and a great, great speech. One of the best I've seen since I can't remember when. This guy is a first class orator.

I think this election is all over but the crying.

Take a look at this map (http://www.electoral-vote.com/index.html).

If McCain loses Florida--it's over.

If McCain loses North Carolina--it's over.

If McCain loses Virginia--it's over.

If McCain loses Ohio--it's over.

Not only does he have to win all of those states he must also win all of the states like Nevada and Colorado where he is (was) slightly ahead and/or tied. New Mexico went from McCain to a tie to Obama.

Yes, McCain will get his post convention boost, and the race will tighten up again, but I can see no feasible way the American people are going to vote for four more years of what we've just had. And if the youth turns out to vote--fugitaboutit.

Change is in the air. (And I bet big on it.)

robert99
08-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Because he is fluff over substance. Because he can mesmerize and hypnotize a crowd of 80,000. If he went nuts tonight and commanded those people to do anything...they would do it for him. Because he is more concerned with putting on a big show (rally) than talking specifically about anything. He is mobilizing the youth "Obama youth" to do his beckoning. We don't know anything about him, yet the public is enamored with him. He has been pushed as the savior of the country by a media who gives him a pass on anything that might damage his winning the White House.

I really doubt that I am the only one who noticed the crowd with a glazed look over their eyes, hanging on his every word, looking up to their new Messiah, with hope for change and all that crap......it sure looked like the old Nazi propaganda films where all the crowds lined up to salute Hitler with the same glazed look on their eyes while their children not knowing any better saw him as their savior.

I NEVER said Obama was like Hitler. I don't think he is evil. I think he has good intentions. I just think he does not have the capability to be an effective commander in chief.

I MERELY compared the crowd reaction and the big speech with all the pomp and circumstance to the old Nazi rallies

....and I'm not a fool, I have a college education and a pretty high IQ. Name-calling is the act of a feeble mind trying to express itself forcibly.

If he is to be a political leader of the country he must first set out to earn and convince that a common belief that improvements are both needed and attainable. Outstanding political leaders still use oratory to do that. Churchill was quite fuzzy on how we were actually going to "fight them on the beaches" without much of an army left, nor sufficient guns and ammunition - but the oratory inspired the people to believe and work for just that. It can appear all very warm and fuzzy but is a necessary first step in the process. He has achieved all that so far and has shown he has the vision, judgement, talent, humility and determination to be a great leader. He knows the opposition too well and cannot realistically get too far into specifics because with the effective media clamp down on honest and open "free speech" in USA politics, they will prey on and twist every single word into falsehood. No single person can run the country - a huge team does that and it will be the sum of those chosen people, as always, that will decide the fate of the oratory being put in practice. So the only important choice to make is who is going to choose and inspire the best "Team USA"? I think that both candidates will do a good job as ambassadors for the very best in USA and help restore things to their better days.

prospector
08-29-2008, 10:55 AM
help restore things to their better days.
if obama is elected, these ARE the better days

Hank
08-29-2008, 11:29 AM
If he is to be a political leader of the country he must first set out to earn and convince that a common belief that improvements are both needed and attainable. Outstanding political leaders still use oratory to do that. Churchill was quite fuzzy on how we were actually going to "fight them on the beaches" without much of an army left, nor sufficient guns and ammunition - but the oratory inspired the people to believe and work for just that. It can appear all very warm and fuzzy but is a necessary first step in the process. He has achieved all that so far and has shown he has the vision, judgement, talent, humility and determination to be a great leader. He knows the opposition too well and cannot realistically get too far into specifics because with the effective media clamp down on honest and open "free speech" in USA politics, they will prey on and twist every single word into falsehood. No single person can run the country - a huge team does that and it will be the sum of those chosen people, as always, that will decide the fate of the oratory being put in practice. So the only important choice to make is who is going to choose and inspire the best "Team USA"? I think that both candidates will do a good job as ambassadors for the very best in USA and help restore things to their better days.

Listen here sonny, your logical objective assessment of Obama is not wanted or appreciated in these parts,take a hike.;)

karlskorner
08-29-2008, 12:00 PM
MRS. Obama really worries me. That lady has been hanging out for a very
long time with her Islam Pastor. As Mrs. FDR was a thorn in FDR's side, Mrs. Obama is troublesome.

RaceBookJoe
08-29-2008, 12:33 PM
MRS. Obama really worries me. That lady has been hanging out for a very
long time with her Islam Pastor. As Mrs. FDR was a thorn in FDR's side, Mrs. Obama is troublesome.

Something about her rubs me the wrong way. Plus, i would much rather look at sarah/cindy for the next 4 years also. rbj

karlskorner
08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Affirmative Action is just a piss hole in the sand compared to whats coming up. I have read several times that the White race will be a minority within
the next 20/30 years. Hang on lads you are about to go on a Nantuckett sleigh ride.

PaceAdvantage
08-30-2008, 02:36 AM
I think this election is all over but the crying.This is a general election this time around, not a primary full of true believers.

This election is far from over....far far far FAR from over...

bigmack
08-30-2008, 07:54 PM
YooKkyikXw0

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2008, 03:53 AM
Now that was funny....I wonder who got fired for writing that line?

JustRalph
08-31-2008, 05:19 AM
What chapter of the history books? The one where Obama's Dad travels the world impregnating strange women and then leaving them?

This guy had kids all over the world...............

Shenanigans
08-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Obama gave an excellent speech.
He is an top notch orator and as I've said before a "Philosopher King."
His arguments for change in Washington have obviously lit a fire among many individuals who feel disenfranchised by Government who are tired of the same old same old. The speech will definitely go over big time with youth.

My problem with Obama are the number of discrepancies that are evident between what he says and what he does.
For instance, let me be really "concrete" re: his comments tonight about we should be our brother's keeper. You don't have to go one blood relative away to see he doesn't practice what he says, so it was hard for me to take it to a more abstract level.

But credit where credit is due. His speech was very good. It wasn't anywhere as strong as Martin Luther King's "I HAVE A Dream Speech," but it was a very good speech.

Top notch orator?? Are you even hearing this man when he speaks?? A top notch orator not only speaks well when giving a speech, but also when he is asked questions. I have never heard the man answer a question without his sentences be hacked with "uh" "umm" "uhhh" ...... You call that a top notch orator???

equicom
08-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Everyone keeps picking on Obama about the brother issue. Why is that?

Obama's half-brother actually said that he has no ill-will about his situation, that he lives in Nairobi by choice.

And why does Obama's wife talking to an Islamic "pastor" really matter? I mean, assuming that you're telling the truth about that, which I doubt.

And it is never really appropriate to say "sieg heil" even as a joke. And the response of Obama's supporters was nothing like anything I have seen in films of Hitler's speeches. Nor did Obama in any way resemble Hitler, nor did he appear to be growing a funny moustache.

I mean, fair enough, maybe you had the opportunity to witness the speeches in person rather than having to rely on film, but if you want to attack Obama, you should focus on attacking policy, not simply resorting to character assassination.

equicom
08-31-2008, 09:59 AM

"College education" does not equal "smart". I have a "college education", so that should be more than enough proof of concept to quell any protest on that front.

Tom
08-31-2008, 10:50 AM
That wasn't a diploma, it was an eviction notice.

Greyfox
08-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Top notch orator?? Are you even hearing this man when he speaks?? A top notch orator not only speaks well when giving a speech, but also when he is asked questions. I have never heard the man answer a question without his sentences be hacked with "uh" "umm" "uhhh" ...... You call that a top notch orator???

So Shenanigans let's assume that you're right. Let's say he's not a top notch orator. Please tell us explicitly, why so many people have jumped on this man's band wagon. What's the draw?

It is my own belief that Obama is a top notch orator. He charms the birds from the trees with his speaking ability. He mesmerizes many people. Indeed, he might be the classic example of "Bull shit baffles brains" personified. He's using the techniques of an evangelist on a political platform. Essentially, he is showing a lot of "charisma." Other than that his gas has little substance or no substance. The only thing going for him is his oratory, not his ideas, big ears, or sex appeal.

So please tell us Shenanigans, if it's not oration ability, what's the draw that these people are seeing?

Shenanigans
09-03-2008, 11:38 PM
So Shenanigans let's assume that you're right. Let's say he's not a top notch orator. Please tell us explicitly, why so many people have jumped on this man's band wagon. What's the draw?

It is my own belief that Obama is a top notch orator. He charms the birds from the trees with his speaking ability. He mesmerizes many people. Indeed, he might be the classic example of "Bull shit baffles brains" personified. He's using the techniques of an evangelist on a political platform. Essentially, he is showing a lot of "charisma." Other than that his gas has little substance or no substance. The only thing going for him is his oratory, not his ideas, big ears, or sex appeal.

So please tell us Shenanigans, if it's not oration ability, what's the draw that these people are seeing?

So Greyfox, it's called "media". They formed this "charismatic orator". Some of us are smart enough to figure that out (especially after listening to the man).;)
Your same question can be asked about the two bimbos that shared the spot light in that little "celebrity" add of Obama. What exactly is the draw that people see in those two white trash bimbos? Get it?;)