PDA

View Full Version : Does it get any WORSE?

michiken
08-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Some of you know that my dad has been terminally ill for a while.

Today he entered his first day of hospice. My sister was here while I went to work.

I had applied for time off under the Family Medical Leave Act and received no reply from Human Resources.

My boss drives up to Michigan from Kentucky and arrives around 4:30 pm just before I am ready to go home.

I am being laid off due to lack of work.

Talk about Kicking a Guy when he is down:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbD own::mad:

NJ Stinks
08-28-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry you going through this, michiken.

Be strong for your Dad. He needs your strength.

JustRalph
08-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Family is most important now. An asshole boss would have shown himself no matter what, either on this issue or another down the road.

I have been in your shoes. Time is everything. Use it to your advantage. Good Luck!

Hank
08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
The bad stuff allways comes in waves.Hang tough.

JBmadera
08-29-2008, 06:40 AM
very sorry to hear about your father and the work bs - it must be super stressful to be out of work at the same time you're dealing with so much.

jb

Tom
08-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Hang in there, your Dad needs you. Don't miss any time you have left - you will never have another chance, so make that your priority. Just believe in karma and your boss will get his - the SOB.

robert99
08-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Hang in there, your Dad needs you. Don't miss any time you have left - you will never have another chance, so make that your priority. Just believe in karma and your boss will get his - the SOB.

Absolutely Tom.

KMS
08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Some of you know that my dad has been terminally ill for a while.

Today he entered his first day of hospice. My sister was here while I went to work.

I had applied for time off under the Family Medical Leave Act and received no reply from Human Resources.

My boss drives up to Michigan from Kentucky and arrives around 4:30 pm just before I am ready to go home.

I am being laid off due to lack of work.

Talk about Kicking a Guy when he is down:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbD own::mad:

Are you the only one being laid off, or are there others? If it's only you, it sounds like you're being singled out. In that case I would be exploring my legal options.

michiken
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for all you words of encouragement!

Tom, You always have the right words. It summarizes my thoughts exactly.

Shenanigans
08-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Michiken, take it as a blessing in disguise.;)