PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk pet project.......

LottaKash
08-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Tonite at Mohawk, in the 10th race, a horse I have taken a fancy to for the last 6-starts, is running.........#8 MOCUSHLA A

The reason I have taken a fancy to her, is that this 5yo mare is very lightly raced, she has only 15 starts under her belt......Last year she won 5 of 7 races,and in the process made some nice coin racing down-under in Austrailia....

Since hitting the USA, she has had only modest sucess....But, she is handled by a Very Competent Trainer in Mark Silva and Meadowlands followers know about him.......

She is just getting the hang of racing in America, running at 4-different tracks since her exodus from down under......

Finally, I believe the time has come for her to show her business, as in her last race Silva cracked down on her..... He ambitiously placed her in a class higher than she needed to be in (money-wise that is).....She was well meant in that race, and after overcoming a 26.2 first 1/4, she 1/4 moved to a parked out lead and battled hard a good ways before tiring in the stretch.......Her middle 1/4 was 27.1........and her finish is un-important after that hard try....Her PIP was the lowest of all of these...6522.......

She is 8/1-m.l.. and is saddled with the 8-hole, but I am looking forward to see, if she is finally untracked and ready for a score...she moves back down a notch tonite, and keeps the front-end tiger driver, Luc Ouelette........

Maybe worth a shot, as that last race was an extremely good tightener......she may be ready for her best tonite.....we'll see......

best

mrroyboy
08-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I hope you will be in the war rooms tonight. Should be good.

mrroyboy
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
I like that horse as well. Has a chance at a price. But I also like n0 3The Rainmaker ML 5-1. Add the 1 horse Ms Goliath and I think we've got the exaca.

Sea Biscuit
08-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Tonite at Mohawk, in the 10th race, a horse I have taken a fancy to for the last 6-starts, is running.........#8 MOCUSHLA A

The reason I have taken a fancy to her, is that this 5yo mare is very lightly raced, she has only 15 starts under her belt......Last year she won 5 of 7 races,and in the process made some nice coin racing down-under in Austrailia....

Since hitting the USA, she has had only modest sucess....But, she is handled by a Very Competent Trainer in Mark Silva and Meadowlands followers know about him.......

She is just getting the hang of racing in America, running at 4-different tracks since her exodus from down under......

Finally, I believe the time has come for her to show her business, as in her last race Silva cracked down on her..... He ambitiously placed her in a class higher than she needed to be in (money-wise that is).....She was well meant in that race, and after overcoming a 26.2 first 1/4, she 1/4 moved to a parked out lead and battled hard a good ways before tiring in the stretch.......Her middle 1/4 was 27.1........and her finish is un-important after that hard try....Her PIP was the lowest of all of these...6522.......

She is 8/1-m.l.. and is saddled with the 8-hole, but I am looking forward to see, if she is finally untracked and ready for a score...she moves back down a notch tonite, and keeps the front-end tiger driver, Luc Ouelette........

Maybe worth a shot, as that last race was an extremely good tightener......she may be ready for her best tonite.....we'll see......

best

Kudos to LK for Picking #8 in the 10th. Had a good exacta box with my #1 which paid a good $93 and change.

Fine job John.

LottaKash
08-28-2008, 11:22 PM

best

Happily the #8- & LUc Ouelette got the job done in this race with a win

$ 14.30...6.20...5.10...

It wasn't all peaches n' cream tho, as when the race started Luc checked his horse up-big-time and took to last, and I was worried about my liitle goodie.... As it turned out, it was the right driver call in the end....I suppose Luc wanted to see who the leavers were and after the 9 shot out quickly, it was right to the rail for my horse.....The 8 has a pretty good turn of early speed, and I thought that he would go for good early positiion in the race, and be in striking position when it counted the most.....turns out he was 2d over past the 5/8's and that was the right move tonite, in this race......His Pip was by far the best and I first thought, Bounce, considering his slow start tonite.....That is why it is best to leave the driving decisions to the drivers......Yay...

best,

mrroyboy
08-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Very good John

Plus a 93 exacta. I've got to move out of Nevada!!!

TimesTheyRAChangin
08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Nice catch LK!!!
Actually,my largest payoffs have come from watching the progress of a horse,and timing the bet at the right moment.I only do this by watching each race,as I firmly believe there is a lot to be seen,visually,that is missed in any program.

LottaKash
08-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Thx folks,.......Ya see it's all the the toss of a dart.....I throw darts, read the name and make up a story about him........

humbly,

Sea Biscuit
08-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Thx folks,.......Ya see it's all the the toss of a dart.....I throw darts, read the name and make up a story about him........

humbly,

I prefer picking numbers from a hat.

Much much better than darts.

Hehe.

mrroyboy
08-29-2008, 04:49 PM
No No

You put the program in your cat's litterbox and whatever horse he shits on is the bet.

LottaKash
08-29-2008, 07:59 PM
No No

You put the program in your cat's litterbox and whatever horse he shits on is the bet.

Roy,you might be right about the kitty litter, but bird droppings have been my strongest plays......on Sat's nite after imbibing a bit........:jump: