PDA

View Full Version : Benny The Bull is...

wegoosewe
08-27-2008, 02:22 PM
he has been retired from racing..more below

Headlines | Posted 8/27/2008, 1:11 pmBenny the Bull retired after injury

By DAVID GRENING SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - Benny the Bull, the leading sprinter in the nation, was found to have a chip in his right front ankle on Wednesday and has been retired from racing, his connections said.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/97682.html

joanied
08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
he has been retired from racing..more below

Headlines | Posted 8/27/2008, 1:11 pmBenny the Bull retired after injury

By DAVID GRENING SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - Benny the Bull, the leading sprinter in the nation, was found to have a chip in his right front ankle on Wednesday and has been retired from racing, his connections said.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/97682.html

SH**:( !!!!

MNslappy
08-28-2008, 01:47 AM
man, that is really a shame

meanwhile the BC is shaping up to be rather underwhelming ehh?

toetoe
08-28-2008, 02:40 PM
The sprint should be better than ever, no ? Street Boss and Fabulous Strike for preety sure.

joanied
08-28-2008, 04:10 PM
The sprint should be better than ever, no ? Street Boss and Fabulous Strike for preety sure.

And how about Midnight Lute...is he hurt again? What's going on with him...haven't raed anything since he threw in the clunker. Man, I was looking forward to him hooking up with Benny.

sonnyp
08-28-2008, 07:22 PM
according to baffert, midnite lute was all keyed up in the post parade and awful in the gate. he was all tangled at the break and gomez wrapped up on him and "just took care of him".

he came out of the race missing a front shoe and bleeding profusely from a deep gash in the bulb of his heel. he was walking ok after the race but broken leg lame the next morning. not surprising.

baffert said his next planned race is now "out of the question" leaving the BC Sprint in serious doubt.

cj
08-28-2008, 07:25 PM

I seriously doubt FS will be the same horse on rubber.

joanied
08-28-2008, 08:46 PM
according to baffert, midnite lute was all keyed up in the post parade and awful in the gate. he was all tangled at the break and gomez wrapped up on him and "just took care of him".

he came out of the race missing a front shoe and bleeding profusely from a deep gash in the bulb of his heel. he was walking ok after the race but broken leg lame the next morning. not surprising.

baffert said his next planned race is now "out of the question" leaving the BC Sprint in serious doubt.

Thanks, sonnyp...appreciate the update (been so busy here on the farm, I haven't had time to read up online)
That's really a total bummer...but let's hope Lute comes out of this healed up and maybe Baffert will keep him in training and we can look forward to watching him smoke the track again...as soon as I have time, I gotta look up the video of that race...I missed:mad: it!!

MBourassa
08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks, sonnyp...appreciate the update (been so busy here on the farm, I haven't had time to read up online)
That's really a total bummer...but let's hope Lute comes out of this healed up and maybe Baffert will keep him in training and we can look forward to watching him smoke the track again...as soon as I have time, I gotta look up the video of that race...I missed:mad: it!!

I think it was a even race through out, he was trapped on the inside going threw the turn, stuck because there was a set of 4 in front of him and one 2 the outside.Gomez didnt even have the chance open him up.
I kinda wonder why he tried to stay on the rail during the turn. He was off slow anyways, I just looked at the PP's for the race again most off them say 3,4,5 wide.. I am not going to question that when the guy wins over :1: million dollars in less then 24 hours. I mean look at it he is closer that has gone longer then this race before let'em go 4 wide and give him open space to run.

joanied
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I think it was a even race through out, he was trapped on the inside going threw the turn, stuck because there was a set of 4 in front of him and one 2 the outside.Gomez didnt even have the chance open him up.
I kinda wonder why he tried to stay on the rail during the turn. He was off slow anyways, I just looked at the PP's for the race again most off them say 3,4,5 wide.. I am not going to question that when the guy wins over :1: million dollars in less then 24 hours. I mean look at it he is closer that has gone longer then this race before let'em go 4 wide and give him open space to run.

Thanks, MB....sounds like they had it in for him anyway...still want to see a video, and now I cannot:blush: :blush: recall the date and name of his race...do you know?

sonnyp
08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
that would be sunday 8/24, del mar 8th race, pat o'brien hdcp

joanied
08-30-2008, 06:17 PM
that would be sunday 8/24, del mar 8th race, pat o'brien hdcp

sonnyp...THANK YOU:ThmbUp:
:) :) :)