PDA

View Full Version : "The worst financial crisis since the Depression."

Secretariat
08-27-2008, 11:45 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080827/pl_bloomberg/a7ogrdxkxse

Financial Crisis Is Absent From Agendas of Parties, Candidates

Aug. 27 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. is facing the worst financial crisis since the Depression. You would never know that from the Democrats' platform in Denver or its Republican counterpart, or from listening to Barack Obama or John McCain.

I urge everyone to vote for John McCain after reading the above. He literally will destroy the economic stability of this country, and I think we need that so that this worship of the shrines of the non-Conservative GOP is finally revealed once and for all. Yes, it'll cost the Demorcatic Party the Court, and it will invoke an unbeleivable amount of pain on the American people, but electing McCain is critical to turning this around. We need another GOP dufus to inherit and continue the Bush failed policies. Things will only get better when they hit rock bottom, and McCain will do that for Dems of the future. Again, I urge all to vote for McCain.

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book." - McCain

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated." - McCain

Lefty
08-27-2008, 11:51 AM
lowering taxes and getting rid of earmarks and drilling for our own oil and using our coal and gas deposits will destroy the economy? You are nuts if you think so.
However, raising taxes, refusing to use our own resources and natioal healthcare from the same idiots that brght us Medicare, WILL destroy the economy!

Secretariat
08-27-2008, 11:57 AM
lowering taxes and getting rid of earmarks and drilling for our own oil and using our coal and gas deposits will destroy the economy? You are nuts if you think so.
However, raising taxes, refusing to use our own resources and natioal healthcare from the same idiots that brght us Medicare, WILL destroy the economy!

Thank you Lefty. I am very pleased you are going to vote for MCCain. I encourage you to ignore the above banking crisis article and urge your friends to vote for McSame, I mean McCain.

I mean someone who can say this month that he hasn't leanred enough about the economy after how many years in the Senate, and after the Keating 5 S&L bailout crisis is exactly who I want in charge of our economy in times of crisis. Your blind vote is exactyl what I am "banking" on. (Pardon the pun.)

Also some of his great family values with his wife below:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_temper_boiled_over_in_92_0407.html

lamboguy
08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
we are all horseplayers. polititions don't care about us. i want mccain because i got over 2-1 on my bet on him. if you ran and you presented a good price i would bet and vote for you too.

i unge you to vote for mccain, because lately i haven't been doing so well with my horse racing picks, and i need all the help i can get. please give me a chance and vote for mccain.

delayjf
08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Not that we needed the reinforcement, but thank you SEC for showing your true anti-American colors - you actually want a depression how positively patriotic. Given the gloom and doom, please tell us how electing Obama B. Biden will save the country from the fate you so crave?

Now, aren’t you being a bit hypocritical - Since when do you care about "family values" I would think you would applaud their diversity. (Are they still calling it that?)

Lefty
08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
so, you really think raising taxes that stifles investment and putting in a national healthcare system that is a provern failure in other countries will save the economy. then it's you who is blind and blindly following obama and these articles you reference. Also by not drilling, by not using our coal and gas reserves and by not using nuclear ppower, assures us of ever increasing energy prices. BTW, Dinms have had full control of House and Senate 2 yrs and have done nothing. Sec, don't forget to inflate your tires.

RaceBookJoe
08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Thank you Lefty. I am very pleased you are going to vote for MCCain. I encourage you to ignore the above banking crisis article and urge your friends to vote for McSame, I mean McCain.

I mean someone who can say this month that he hasn't leanred enough about the economy after how many years in the Senate, and after the Keating 5 S&L bailout crisis is exactly who I want in charge of our economy in times of crisis. Your blind vote is exactyl what I am "banking" on. (Pardon the pun.)

Also some of his great family values with his wife below:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_temper_boiled_over_in_92_0407.html

To me what the above post really says is this : Even though I want a dem in office, i can make up an excuse if they screw this election up also. Obama wins : hip hip hooray...we told you so , Obama loses : hip hip hooray...watch mccain screw things up more and now we can have hillary in 2012. I hope everyone watched "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" i mean the hillary speech....they all seem hypnotized( especially the younger ones) , but like above, they already have their excuses written. rbj ps I dont like mcain anymore than obama

Tom
08-27-2008, 12:38 PM
so, you really think raising taxes that stifles investment and putting in a national healthcare system that is a provern failure in other countries will save the economy. then it's you who is blind and blindly following obama and these articles you reference. Also by not drilling, by not using our coal and gas reserves and by not using nuclear ppower, assures us of ever increasing energy prices. BTW, Dinms have had full control of House and Senate 2 yrs and have done nothing. Sec, don't forget to inflate your tires.

That might explain whay so many dems are light headed, they've been blowing up thier tires too long! :lol::lol::lol:

Show Me the Wire
08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080827/pl_bloomberg/a7ogrdxkxse

Financial Crisis Is Absent From Agendas of Parties, Candidates

Aug. 27 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. is facing the worst financial crisis since the Depression. You would never know that from the Democrats' platform in Denver or its Republican counterpart, or from listening to Barack Obama or John McCain.

I urge everyone to vote for John McCain after reading the above. He literally will destroy the economic stability of this country, and I think we need that so that this worship of the shrines of the non-Conservative GOP is finally revealed once and for all. Yes, it'll cost the Demorcatic Party the Court, and it will invoke an unbeleivable amount of pain on the American people, but electing McCain is critical to turning this around. We need another GOP dufus to inherit and continue the Bush failed policies. Things will only get better when they hit rock bottom, and McCain will do that for Dems of the future. Again, I urge all to vote for McCain.

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book." - McCain

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated." - McCain

contrary to yoou view it is an admirable quality to identify your limitations. Most human beongs, unlike Obama, are imperfect and have some sort of limitation. therefore it is good to acknowledge our short comings and enhance ourselves by overcoming our self-acknowledged limitaitions. What Sen. McCain stated is not only reasonable, but illustrates his wisdom and and judgment about the human condition . McCain definately has the judgmnet to lead.

lamboguy
08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
we all live in this country, why would you want to root against it? growing up my parents emphasized that it is a privaledge to live here. we are all gonna have disagreements when it comes to policy and politics, but it is very important that we stand behind the leader we have no matter how bad we think he or she is.

Secretariat
08-27-2008, 02:34 PM
we all live in this country, why would you want to root against it? growing up my parents emphasized that it is a privaledge to live here. we are all gonna have disagreements when it comes to policy and politics, but it is very important that we stand behind the leader we have no matter how bad we think he or she is.

I am not rooting against the country at all. In fact I am looking at the condition of this country long term. Blindly following a misguided leader is what got Germany in trouble during WW2, and frankly this country with GW in our era. Obviously 75-80% plus of our people do not stand behind our fearless leader GW according to recent polls.

Now Lefty - why do you misrepresent? Obama is actually offering tax CUTS on the middle class THREE times the amount of McCain. Frankly, IMO, that's irresponsible. We've got to deal with our countries deficits. In other words the tax burden on the middle class will be three times HIGHER under McCain's proposals. Obama's tax increase is on those making over 250K a year. Yes, i know under McCain's definition 5 million is middle class, but he is not functioning in reality. By his own quotes he doesn't understand economics. And Lefty's you've got Obama mixed up with Kuccinich. Obama has never promoted a national healtcare system. You've been listening to Rush too long.

See, what you're failing to grasp, and this article does quite nicely, is that NEITHER candidate has a chance in hell of turning this around over four years. It is IRRELEVANT which candidate is chosen in terms of significant progress over the next four years, and in fact I will not be hip-hip-hooray if Obama is elected because he would be inheriting a fiscal disaster (as would McCain), and this will not be good for Dems long term. When Hoover was President and the economy tanked, people were lining up in droves for 16 years to elect FDR. With the election of McCain/Hoover I think we're heading there again. I'm not welcoming or hoping for a depression, but you've got your head in the sand if you want to ignore articles like the above. I advise you to prepare for it though. I think the election will be close, and I'm hoping Lefty that this time you vote twice and encourage your friends to do so as well.

I repeat, neither candidate will turn this around. The hypocrisy of drilling as some panacea to provide releif next summer at the pumps is laughable. But I want you Lefty to beleive that because it will help McCain get elected.

The gentleman who is getting 2/1 odds on McCain is a wise man. Take that money and stash it away. I think with the Lefty's of the world you're gonna make some short term dough.

Show Me the Wire
08-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Blindly following a misguided leader is what got Germany in trouble during WW2, and frankly this country with GW in our era. Obviously 75-80% plus of....

The blindly following iideals of a charismatic man is a more apt description of Obama's cult like followers, i.e. sending shivers up Chris Mathews leg, than the President's supporters.

Nobody blindly followed President Bush into war, except Sen. Clinton because she failed to read the available intelligence reports.

The blind follow Obama's charisma.

Tom
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Sec, not drilling is idiotic. No, it is not the only way out, but it is part of a comprehensive solution. Drilling our own oil cannot hurts, and it will add to the solution, as will solar and wind where it makes sense. Developing other fuel sources is part of the soultion ( but not corn, FCS!) I see no reason not to drill, and no reason to give tax breaks to oil companies making record profits. Of course they are entitled to them, but the are not entitled to have taxpayers kick in more to them, either.

Both sides are acting like buttheads on this, and neither side is looking out for us. How about we take away all cars and free gas options and let the slimeball in congress see what it is like to be an real American - none of them have a clue.

And I am not supporting either chowderhead - the terrorist or the geezer. They can both kiss my butt. No maas. No maas.

hcap
08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I urge everyone to vote for John McCain after reading the above. He literally will destroy the economic stability of this country, and I think we need that so that this worship of the shrines of the non-Conservative GOP is finally revealed once and for all. Yes, it'll cost the Demorcatic Party the Court, and it will invoke an unbeleivable amount of pain on the American people, but electing McCain is critical to turning this around. We need another GOP dufus to inherit and continue the Bush failed policies. Things will only get better when they hit rock bottom, and McCain will do that for Dems of the future. Again, I urge all to vote for McCain.Too much pain and the SUPREME COURT.
There may be 3 vacancies soon. APPOINTMENTS ARE FOR LIFE. Not only will McSame destroy what's left of the economy, he will destroy the slim balance on the Court, and thru' judicial precedent what's left of individual rights.

Sorry Sec, but the price is too steep.

Curiously tho' even when you are supporting THEIR guy, the Pace Advantage off topic knee-jerkers are still against you. For misplaced motives no less! I guess you gotta be a TRUE believer :bang: :lol: :cool:

Oh yeah here they are at the first annual PA dumb presidents meeting. You sure you wanta attend?? ......

http://www.bartcop.com/mccain-sleep-inducing.jpg

And then you realize you will be sort of agreeing with guys like........

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/hnc-morris-iraq-biden-082208.jpg

wonatthewire1
08-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Now Lefty - why do you misrepresent? Obama is actually offering tax CUTS on the middle class THREE times the amount of McCain. Frankly, IMO, that's irresponsible. We've got to deal with our countries deficits. In other words the tax burden on the middle class will be three times HIGHER under McCain's proposals. Obama's tax increase is on those making over 250K a year. Yes, i know under McCain's definition 5 million is middle class, but he is not functioning in reality. By his own quotes he doesn't understand economics. And Lefty's you've got Obama mixed up with Kuccinich. Obama has never promoted a national healtcare system. You've been listening to Rush too long.

So Sec, Obama is cutting taxes for the middle class?

If so, where do I sign up to get this guy elected?

hcap
08-27-2008, 06:29 PM
So Sec, Obama is cutting taxes for the middle class?

If so, where do I sign up to get this guy elected?
The voting booth obviously.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/06/09/ST2008060900950.html

Obama and McCain Tax Proposals

......According to a new analysis by the Tax Policy Center, a joint project of the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution, Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain are both proposing tax plans that would result in cuts for most American families. Obama's plan gives the biggest cuts to those who make the least, while McCain would give the largest cuts to the very wealthy. For the approximately 147,000 families that make up the top 0.1 percent of the income scale, the difference between the two plans is stark. While McCain offers a $269,364 tax cut, Obama would raise their taxes, on average, by $701,885 - a difference of nearly $1 million.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2008/06/12/GR2008061200193.gif

wonatthewire1
08-27-2008, 06:59 PM
The voting booth obviously.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/06/09/ST2008060900950.html

Obama and McCain Tax Proposals

......According to a new analysis by the Tax Policy Center, a joint project of the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution, Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain are both proposing tax plans that would result in cuts for most American families. Obama's plan gives the biggest cuts to those who make the least, while McCain would give the largest cuts to the very wealthy. For the approximately 147,000 families that make up the top 0.1 percent of the income scale, the difference between the two plans is stark. While McCain offers a $269,364 tax cut, Obama would raise their taxes, on average, by $701,885 - a difference of nearly $1 million.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2008/06/12/GR2008061200193.gif

Thanks Hcap

But I'm :(

Under Obama; we'll save about $12.00

Under McCain; we'll save almost $7,900

So the choice is clear from this corner anyway

Hey, it was worth a shot though

Secretariat
08-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Sec, not drilling is idiotic.

You are aware that McCain is against drilling in ANWR? In fact the Republican platform at the convention had to be changed to accomodate that.

But it doesn't matter if you didn't know - live with the illusion.

The major reason I am voting for McCain is economics pure and simple. His election will insure Democratic majorites from 2012-2026 at least. The next four years are going to be pain no matter who is elected thanks to GW.

Secretariat
08-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks Hcap

Obviously, then you're not a member of the middle class...maybe McCain's middle class - 5 mil up!!! :lol:

Secretariat
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
To help educate Tom and Lefty.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/mccain-reiterates-opposition-to-drilling-in-wildlife-refuge/

"McCain Reiterates Opposition to Drilling in Wildlife Refuge

By Katharine Q. Seelye and Kate Phillips

MINNEAPOLIS — Senator John McCain reiterated his opposition to drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge on Thursday, a day after his statement that he would be willing to “go back and look at it again” sparked speculation among both opponents and proponents of drilling that he might change his mind.

“My position has not changed,’’ Mr. McCain said here on his campaign bus.

Valuist
08-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks Hcap

So what's your complaint? Life rough on $500K a year?

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
The worst financial crisis since the Depression, and yet just released GDP numbers put the economy UP by over THREE PERCENT.....wow....:faint:

Add to that falling gas prices and higher consumer confidence, last I checked...

Yup, this is one hum-dinger of a crisis....

Oh wait...I forgot.....

Good economic news = Bad news for Dems/Obama Joe Biden

equicom
08-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Cutting tax for the middle class does sound a bit dangerous.

Everyone knows that the rich avoid paying tax, and the poor generally can't pay tax, so where does that leave you if the middle class pay less tax?

wonatthewire1
08-28-2008, 05:27 PM
The worst financial crisis since the Depression, and yet just released GDP numbers put the economy UP by over THREE PERCENT.....wow....:faint:

Add to that falling gas prices and higher consumer confidence, last I checked...

Yup, this is one hum-dinger of a crisis....

Oh wait...I forgot.....

Good economic news = Bad news for Dems/Obama Joe Biden

But the Messiah could also turn that around and say that now that the Congress is Dim - the economy has been saved!

So put me in to Dim the WH and everything will really take off!

JustRalph
08-28-2008, 05:58 PM
The Crawl from the Bottom of the Dem Convention coverage on MSNBC last night

" Obama will cut taxes on the middle class, create 5 million jobs and provide health care to all "

Not "Obama says" etc............ they ran it just like above.

If this guy gets elected, it will be fun tearing him apart

PaceAdvantage
08-30-2008, 02:00 AM
MSNBC has become the embodiment of what every lefty accuses Fox news of being, only in reverse.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=164143