PDA

View Full Version : post postitions for entries

KMS
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
when part of an entry scratches, shouldn't the other half inherit the better post position? Example: In the 9th at Saratoga today, the 1 scratched, leaving the 1 hole empty. Meanwhile, the 1A breaks out of the 6 hole. Seems like his connections should have the option of taking the better post position.

cj
08-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Why should they be rewarded for entering multiple horses? If they value a certain post, don't scratch that horse.

Hosshead
08-26-2008, 08:52 AM
when part of an entry scratches, shouldn't the other half inherit the better post position? Example: In the 9th at Saratoga today, the 1 scratched, leaving the 1 hole empty. Meanwhile, the 1A breaks out of the 6 hole. Seems like his connections should have the option of taking the better post position.
I'd rather have a horse break from the 6 rather than the 1 hole anyway.

jotb
08-26-2008, 10:32 AM

The answer to your question is no. Post positions are drawn on the day of entries and can't be changed. The connections should not have an option just because they put 2 horses in the same race. In this case, the trainer ran the better horse and the results show that.

Joe

BillW
08-26-2008, 10:40 AM
That's certainly a way to increase entries (and scratches!). Every time I wanted to enter a horse, I'd throw in a few more to increase the probability of getting a post position that I liked, then scratch the throw-ins.