PDA

View Full Version : Trackmaster Pricing

Ray2000
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I just noticed, TMaster raised my subscription rates from $350/yr to $400/yr:mad:
What do I get for the 14% increase?....nada

Thank goodness I don't play flats...800$/yr

Sea Biscuit
08-25-2008, 02:08 PM
I think its because its a monopoly.

Somebody out there should bring out there own SRs and charts in competition and see how the prices goes down.

LottaKash
08-25-2008, 09:59 PM
A few years back, I used to get TM programs thru the USTA, for $200 bucks a year.....Time marches on......I will pay, I love to pay..........I have to pay to play......ouch..........:(

best,

wilderness
08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
A few years back, I used to get TM programs thru the USTA, for $200 bucks a year.....Time marches on......I will pay, I love to pay..........I have to pay to play......ouch..........:(

best,

Before Axcis/Trackmaster was awarded the USTA contract, and the files were available via subscription from the USTA?
The monthly fee was $9.95.
When Tracmaster assumed the contract (late 98 or early 99) prices were raised to $14.95 for monthly unlimited downloads.

Today the prices just keep going up!

$39.95

Zman179
08-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, it is this same contract between the USTA and TrackMaster which has denied racing fans access to free past performances. Every time a track tries to put up a link for free pp's (i.e. Saratoga Harness, Ocean Downs, etc.), the USTA clams down citing copyright infringement.

These people have got to be a bunch of idiots. I mean, many tracks are barely populated and the USTA wants to make sure it stays that way! If you don't pay, don't play. :bang:

Besides, I gave up my subscription to TrackMaster a few months ago when I realized that they rip you off for an extra day or two when you purchase unlimited pp's. Say you buy a 30 day unlimited harness pp's plan today, August 26th. Instead of it expiring on the 25th of September, it'll expire on the 23rd. I called up the geniuses at TM and they said that you can still download tracks running on the 25th even though it expires on the 23rd. Um, what if I don't know if I'll be playing yet and would like to wait until the day of the races? :bang:

wilderness
08-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Well, it is this same contract between the USTA and TrackMaster which has denied racing fans access to free past performances. Every time a track tries to put up a link for free pp's (i.e. Saratoga Harness, Ocean Downs, etc.), the USTA clams down citing copyright infringement.

Acutally, it's Tracksmaster that does all the whinning and snibbling, the USTA is coompelled to enforce the contract.

These people have got to be a bunch of idiots. I mean, many tracks are barely populated and the USTA wants to make sure it stays that way! If you don't pay, don't play. :bang:

I suggest you utilize your energies and frustrations and run for one of the USTA Director positions.
That way instead of throwing stones and bitching, perhaps you could solve some of the industry's woes ;)

speed
08-26-2008, 11:48 PM
$40 bucks a month for unlimited is very cheap to me. DRF costs me $100 a month. Thoroughbred PP's i imagine have far more customers and they charge more for them. I for one am happy to only pay a fee of $40 a month.

I do agree that if you are at the track they should be free. I would think if they were handles would increase some. The more information you give the public the more they tend to wager.