PDA

View Full Version : Some coke dealer went nuts?

cj
08-25-2008, 01:00 PM
2nd race at Philly, the favorite took a huge win bet just before the gate sprung. They could have gotten the same 2.10 betting the horse to show. In this case, they wouldn't have gotten anything either way as the horse ran horribly!

ryesteve
08-25-2008, 01:05 PM
2nd race at Philly, the favorite took a huge win bet just before the gate sprung. They could have gotten the same 2.10 betting the horse to show. In this case, they wouldn't have gotten anything either way as the horse ran horribly!I wonder if it's the same guy who bridgejumped into the place pool at Pen a week or so ago. Naturally, the horse ran 3rd...

JustRalph
08-25-2008, 01:58 PM
I was reviewing some races on the DVR last night and in the last race at Del Mar yesterday a horse went from 26-1 to 16-1 at Zero minutes to post...........how much did that one cost to knock down that much?

And he won like a champion........... Pictural...........

Ron
08-25-2008, 02:08 PM
I was reviewing some races on the DVR last night and in the last race at Del Mar yesterday a horse went from 26-1 to 16-1 at Zero minutes to post...........how much did that one cost to knock down that much?

And he won like a champion........... Pictural...........

Yeah in a blink...I actually didn't see the odds change until after the race. I had the horse and while I was dancing the odds changed.

ezrabrooks
08-25-2008, 02:54 PM
2nd race at Philly, the favorite took a huge win bet just before the gate sprung. They could have gotten the same 2.10 betting the horse to show. In this case, they wouldn't have gotten anything either way as the horse ran horribly!

The Joker, The Dude...now Looney. Man you are on a roll..

Ez

so.cal.fan
08-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Ralph,
yesterday's bet down was likely to have been someone alive in the big pick six and was protecting their ticket in the last race. Happens fairly often.
Someone or perhaps more than one were covering their ticket.

JustRalph
08-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Ralph,
yesterday's bet down was likely to have been someone alive in the big pick six and was protecting their ticket in the last race. Happens fairly often.
Someone or perhaps more than one were covering their ticket.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

takeout
08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
....how much did that one cost to knock down that much?

About 8K, maybe? ???

Hosshead
08-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Isn't it nice on the Del Mar video, after the gates open they've replaced the odds (for each horse) with Miles Per Hour !
Oh Boy, that's just what I want to see. And it's SO usefull !

They might as well show the relative humidity.

SMOO
08-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Isn't it nice on the Del Mar video, after the gates open they've replaced the odds (for each horse) with Miles Per Hour !
Oh Boy, that's just what I want to see. And it's SO usefull !

They might as well show the relative humidity.

Yes, Delmar & Woodbine seem to think the final odds mean nothing to horseplayers. :rolleyes:

We just want to see the pretty horseys run! :jump:

Bruddah
08-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, Delmar & Woodbine seem to think the final odds mean nothing to horseplayers. :rolleyes:

We just want to see the pretty horseys run! :jump:

When the Intelligencia of your local track and those in the Industry don't have a clue what their fans (paying Patrons) want, or just do whatever the Hell they want. Buffoons and Morons! I personally believe it is a result of inbreeding and handing the reigns down from generation to generation. :faint:

cj
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
They know what we want to see. What they want is for us not to see big odds swings during the running of the race.

JustRalph
08-26-2008, 03:44 PM
They know what we want to see. What they want is for us not to see big odds swings during the running of the race.

Ding!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner!!

OTM Al
08-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I'd just like to know who did the bridgejump on Duke of Marmelade on saturday. As I understand it, the betting hub is South African, so the rules are a little different than what we are used to in the US leading to a price of $2 returned on a $2 place bet. Yep, they got nothing.

BillW
08-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd just like to know who did the bridgejump on Duke of Marmelade on saturday. As I understand it, the betting hub is South African, so the rules are a little different than what we are used to in the US leading to a price of $2 returned on a $2 place bet. Yep, they got nothing.

It was for the adrenaline rush :confused:

:lol: