08-25-2008, 07:22 AM
:lol:

http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/minor-takes-on-magna/

classhandicapper
08-25-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm really starting to like Minor. :lol:

HUSKER55
08-25-2008, 09:31 AM
I think we have found Magna's weak spot.

onefast99
08-25-2008, 09:41 AM
It is pretty evident Halsey will be at the forefront in our industry within a few years. It is good to see someone with moral values getting involved to save this industry. If he can take Gulfstream park also that would be another move in the right direction towards restoring racing to south Florida.

Spectacular Sid
08-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I see that Minor himself responded (http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/minor-takes-on-magna/)to a critic who posted a comment at Paulick Report. He is obviously no fan of the Magna Man. Give 'em hell Halsey!

takeout
08-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Very interesting stuff. Can’t wait to see which way the mop flops.

rrbauer
08-25-2008, 04:48 PM
"Tohana went on to say that MEC has sold more than $400 million in assets ..."

My guess is that $400 million was the book value....wonder what the sale price was? :lol:

Mag
08-25-2008, 05:41 PM
:jump: I read Halsey's responses, I'm just glad someone cares. Seems to me Magna has done nothing BUT lose money since it has existed, something has to give sooner or later. I don't think ALL the threated tracks can be saved. I think one track in S Fl is enough, and one in LA is enough, and one in NYC would be enough, just like one in SF will have to be enough. Maybe MD needs to lose one if they're in close proximity to each other. The 3 in S FL are all fairly close, I'd rather see one big beautiful one than 3 fighting over dates all the time.

joanied
08-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I tell ya, I am getting mighty :jump: pumped up about Halsey Minor...and taking on Frank let's ruin another race track is totally wonderful....Frank has spread himself so thin he's about to disappear...I'll never know what a man that is supposed to have so much good business sense was thinking when he built all these tracks, and revamped, very poorly, tracks like Gulfstream...I beleive the 'Magna Man' has had a screw loose for sometime.
Mr. Minor...GO FOR IT!!!

onefast99
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM
:jump: I read Halsey's responses, I'm just glad someone cares. Seems to me Magna has done nothing BUT lose money since it has existed, something has to give sooner or later. I don't think ALL the threated tracks can be saved. I think one track in S Fl is enough, and one in LA is enough, and one in NYC would be enough, just like one in SF will have to be enough. Maybe MD needs to lose one if they're in close proximity to each other. The 3 in S FL are all fairly close, I'd rather see one big beautiful one than 3 fighting over dates all the time.
NY needs all three tracks. Aqueduct due to the famous inner and Belmont for the Spring racing and saratoga for the summer meet. Florida could eventually have Tampa, Calder GP and Hialeah with Calder getting the worst of it since GP and Hialeah would have to work out dates to co-exist.

joanied
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
NY needs all three tracks. Aqueduct due to the famous inner and Belmont for the Spring racing and saratoga for the summer meet. Florida could eventually have Tampa, Calder GP and Hialeah with Calder getting the worst of it since GP and Hialeah would have to work out dates to co-exist.

As long as we continue to have racing year round (unlike the old days when some tracks didn't run at certain times of the year), I agree with you. NY definitley needs the 3 tracks. I beleive CA needs it's southern location tracks and one good one up North.
Florida can do without Calder, IMO. They need Tampa, Gulfstream is here to stay, and despite the mess Stronach made of it, it is needed down there. I think in that area of Florida that Gulfstream & Hileah would be enough, and if they could take Calder out of the picture, both those tracks would be able to compromise on race dates and everyone down there would be happy.