PDA

View Full Version : No Streaming Saratoga Track feed Today

BombsAway Bob
08-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Due to a snafu, TVG & Twinspires do not have streaming track video from Saratoga today. This is a BIG disadvantage after using it on a regular basis, not being able to see how these horses are reacting to upwards of 50,000 people in the paddock & post parade!
I E-mailed TVG & BEGGED THEM:
"PLEASE SHOW LIVE VIDEO from Saratoga leading up to the races..."
They need to STOP LOOKING AHEAD to races HOURS AWAY, & concentrate on THE LIVE RACES GOING ON NOW!
There's ONLY 7 More Days of Saratoga Racing. Try and Show them!

Ron
08-24-2008, 03:36 PM
What is the snafu?

BombsAway Bob
08-24-2008, 03:51 PM
What is the snafu?
Good Question.. TVG has live signal for on-air,
why wouldn't the company that distributes all the
track feeds be able to send it out? :confused:

cratman
08-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I am getting the feed.

Cratman

BillW
08-24-2008, 04:30 PM
fine here too via Betpad

Tom
08-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Is the air conditioning working? :rolleyes:

andicap
08-24-2008, 10:40 PM
I have never been able to get video for NYRA from twinspires.com. On the Twinspires.com TV I just get a slate saying live video for Saratoga is unavailable.

turfnsport
08-24-2008, 10:44 PM
They need to STOP LOOKING AHEAD to races HOURS AWAY, & concentrate on THE LIVE RACES GOING ON NOW!

That would not set well with the 3 viewers that tune into Pick 6 Central six hours before the P6 starts to view Matty's ticket and that mind numbing analysis.

Bob, I thought you WERE one of those three viewers.

JustRalph
08-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I have never been able to get video for NYRA from twinspires.com. On the Twinspires.com TV I just get a slate saying live video for Saratoga is unavailable.

I spent some time on the phone recently with a Twinspires custm. Serv type who told me that IP addresses are being tracked and "certain services denied to certain areas of the country" whatever the hell that means?

Hajck Hillstrom
08-25-2008, 01:41 AM
Due to a snafu, TVG & Twinspires do not have streaming track video from Saratoga today. After I read this post, I checked my streamfeed on Youbet. The primary video feed wasn't available, but when I checked my secondary feed.... no problem.

Here's hoping you checked both sources.

Tom
08-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Apparently, if you have a NY address, you cannot watch NY tracks live.

BombsAway Bob
08-25-2008, 11:57 AM
wow...maybe I AM TVG's only Viewer that's Also a customer! I've got both Twinspires and TVG accounts, and NEVER had a problem getting the NYRA feed. When I called TVG "Customer Service", they said an E-Mail they got from technical support said Saratoga Video would NOT be available Sunday(no reason given). Twinspires "BETA" had audio of track feed, & by the 10th race, the video was back online.

andicap
08-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Maybe they block overseas addresses as well.

would using a proxy server work in this case?