PDA

View Full Version : Pyro

menifee
08-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Somewhere I posted that I thought this horse didn't have a chance in the Travers.

He really showed me something today. This horse is back in form and is ok with the distance. He was buried, got absolutely crushed turning for home and still ran on for third. Nice horse.

juanepstein
08-24-2008, 04:14 AM
their were quite a few malachi crunches thru the day.

point given
08-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Somewhere I posted that I thought this horse didn't have a chance in the Travers.

He really showed me something today. This horse is back in form and is ok with the distance. He was buried, got absolutely crushed turning for home and still ran on for third. Nice horse.

I'll have to watch it again, but I got a queasy feeling when Asmussen said an a prerace interview , that he would have to step it up and that he hasnot shown the brilliance that he did earlier in the year and the pp wasnot a good one. sorta had the feeling he was building in an excuse before the race. Used Mambo, Pyro and Kodiak myself, and off Colonel john as a poly horse, wrongo again.

46zilzal
08-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Brilliance? He closed on crawling pace in Lousiana, and Beyer annoints him and all the sheep follow.

He is in the same category as Editor's Note, Concern, Cefis and Strike the GOld: always closing, rarely getting there.

Moyers Pond
08-25-2008, 06:51 PM
He really isn't that good of a horse. I don't think he has ever run a fast race. He was beating up on the bad 3yr old crop for a long time. Now a few have matured and he is going backwards like Big Brown.

Tom
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
He is not what he once was, but overcoming the dreadfully slow pace was a huge accomplishment. Closers don't get to pick the pace they run against. He was pinned in Saturday, so he is probably better than he looked.

jonnielu
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
He really isn't that good of a horse. I don't think he has ever run a fast race. He was beating up on the bad 3yr old crop for a long time. Now a few have matured and he is going backwards like Big Brown.

Wow, those are some really keen observations, what planet are they from?

jdl

TravisVOX
08-25-2008, 11:46 PM
He is in the same category as Editor's Note, Concern, Cefis and Strike the GOld: always closing, rarely getting there.

But they got there when it counted... Belmont Stakes, Breeders' Cup Classic and Kentucky Derby winner in that list.

46zilzal
08-26-2008, 12:02 AM
But they got there when it counted... Belmont Stakes, Breeders' Cup Classic and Kentucky Derby winner in that list.

Or else we NEVER would remember these "pie in the sky" horses that promise but RARELY deliver