PDA

View Full Version : Trakus Charts

Tom
08-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Does Woodbine offer Trakus charts like Kee and Dmr?
I can't find a link on their site.

BillW
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Does Woodbine offer Trakus charts like Kee and Dmr?
I can't find a link on their site.

See "News" link ...

http://www.trakus.com/technology.asp#tNetText

Tom
08-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks Bill,
I was looking on WO site for it.

Tom
08-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Looking at EB charts and no sign that Trakus is used at all. Seems a waste of money to put in Trakus and then not let anyone see the information.

BillW
08-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Looking at EB charts and no sign that Trakus is used at all. Seems a waste of money to put in Trakus and then not let anyone see the information.

By "no sign" are you saying that the charts are as inaccurate as any other when compared to the video? My guess is that it would be Equibase's call on whether to use the information or not.

Tom
08-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Not a single Trakus feature in them - no actual distance run, no off the rail, no individual horse times - a complete bust. Why bother? Trakus is turning into the racing world's Edsel. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

I guess innovation and horse racing are mutually exclusive.

BillW
08-23-2008, 04:33 PM
I doubt that Equibase is going to publish 2 different formats for their charts. There are too many clients(Bris, TSN, HDW etc.) relying on the chart formats as they are.

Tom
08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Yup. That's why I say, why the hell bother with Trakus at all - no value to installing it and no use for it's output. Typical horse racing. :bang:

BillW
08-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Yup. That's why I say, why the hell bother with Trakus at all - no value to installing it and no use for it's output. Typical horse racing. :bang:

Equibase has the choice to use the data for their charts. Rather than having sometime glaring errors at the intermediate calls, they can get the intermediate BL's correct (plus/minus a few feet)

Tom
08-23-2008, 05:29 PM
With this technology, beaten lengths are totally un-needed - only time mattrers. Trakus provides it, but EB chooses, rather expectedly, not to use it, and to rely on some inaccurate estimation of what a second translates into a length.

It's like buying a Porsche and using to drive the kids to school. :bang:

robert99
08-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Tom,

Markets are too often dumb and wasteful.
The traditional (inaccurate) way has a market of subscribers.
The new, accurate way has no market unless they create one by sustained educational promotion. The people it might attract are already willingly paying for the bad data - so zero profit gain there. The inventors, Turftrax in UK, had so few subscribers (even at $10 a month) to the accurate UK data that they have recently gone bust.

Tom
08-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Agree Robert, that's why I say - Trakus is a waste of time and money. It could be extremely useful, but right now, the hot dog at the track will serve you better. That's what I love about this game.....nothing.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown: