PDA

View Full Version : Biden it is

bigmack
08-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Good luck and good sellin' with this egomaniac.

http://static.flickr.com/9/85219319_22b7b38cf2.jpg

menifee
08-23-2008, 03:38 AM
cakQQtu5AxI

Overlay
08-23-2008, 05:06 AM
I can understand Obama wanting a veep with name recognition and experience to round out the ticket, but I don't think that Joe Biden is someone whom people would associate with the slogan, "Change we can believe in".

Overlay
08-23-2008, 05:56 AM
"Obama's decision leaked to the media several hours before his aides planned to send a text message announcing the running mate, negating a promise that people who turned over their phone numbers would be the first to know who Obama had chosen. The campaign scrambled to send the text message after the leak, sending phones buzzing at the inconvenient time of just after 3 a.m. on the East coast."

Reminds me of George McGovern starting his acceptance speech in 1972 at around 3:00 AM Eastern time.

oddsmaven
08-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Finding fault with a politician is easy for all...standing up and saying about any, "hey this guy is good" often gets a mocking because there's always something to complain about...yeah Biden puts his foot in his mouth sometimes, but those instances are pretty minor stuff...is he full of himself? Somewhat, but again, not a biggie...his colleagues by and large like and respect him highly...I like him because he's a moderate which is in line with my preference, he has solid experience and I do think his character is strong...wish he was on top of the ticket or that he ended up secretary of state, which has more value...credit to Obama for picking someone who is formidable, as you'd want as that "one heartbeat away".

Greyfox
08-23-2008, 08:21 AM
They compliment each other well and will spice things up.
What you see with both isn't what you're getting.

http://www.brad-carter.com/images/journal2007/2007_salt_and_pepper.jpg.

Cangamble
08-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Finding fault with a politician is easy for all...standing up and saying about any, "hey this guy is good" often gets a mocking because there's always something to complain about...yeah Biden puts his foot in his mouth sometimes, but those instances are pretty minor stuff...is he full of himself? Somewhat, but again, not a biggie...his colleagues by and large like and respect him highly...I like him because he's a moderate which is in line with my preference, he has solid experience and I do think his character is strong...wish he was on top of the ticket or that he ended up secretary of state, which has more value...credit to Obama for picking someone who is formidable, as you'd want as that "one heartbeat away".
I'm a Canadian, but I still have an opinion.
I think Biden is a very good choice.
From what I read about him, I support a lot of the things he represents. I think he'd be a better Presidential candidate than Obama.

ArlJim78
08-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Biden is a huge ego, not very likable, an acerbic windbag, and most of all a big failure in his attempts at national office. I guess Obama was looking to add some gravitas but i think this choice is a mistake for him.

Tom
08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I don't know if this balances the ticket, but it certainly makes it "clean and articulate." :lol::lol::lol:

Good move by Obama, pick a guy who has repeatedly been rejected by his own party. It is obvious Obama is a puppet, and has no clue. He is being used as a front.

Marshall Bennett
08-23-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't beleive it mattered who he chose . This ticket is all about Obama . He hasn't expended much brain energy thus far , why should that change in choosing a running mate ?

ArlJim78
08-23-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't know if this balances the ticket, but it certainly makes it "clean and articulate." :lol::lol::lol:

Good move by Obama, pick a guy who has repeatedly been rejected by his own party. It is obvious Obama is a puppet, and has no clue. He is being used as a front.

this is the part i don't get. democratic voters, when given the chance to support Biden on a national ticket, have clearly said no thank you.

lsbets
08-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Same thing for Romney - I don't get why you would want someone on your ticket who the voters always turn down.

I also don't get how Biden fits in the whole change thing - the guy has never had a real job and has been a politician his whole life. He is as Washington establishment as it gets. I also don't see Biden helping Obama in any of the swing states. Bad choice from Obama.

xtb
08-23-2008, 11:13 AM
This should clinch it, for McCain.

Tom
08-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Not so fast...McCain has a habit of saying or doing stupid things every time Obama gives him an opening. I am sure he will step down to the occasion.:rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
08-23-2008, 12:25 PM
OT ... I keep getting a bunch of McCain junk mail wanting donations . Get request nearly every day . Yesterday the request came with a " due " date . The idiots , they should pay me for my vote !! :mad:

boxcar
08-23-2008, 01:25 PM
OT ... I keep getting a bunch of McCain junk mail wanting donations . Get request nearly every day . Yesterday the request came with a " due " date . The idiots , they should pay me for my vote !! :mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Greyfox
08-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Osama bin Laden?

Nope.

Obama's Biden laden.

P.S. After Sept 11 2001 as the U.S. chased terrorist Osama, who would have dared thought that the American Presidential ticket would give this option in 2008? I would have bet against it.

Tom
08-23-2008, 02:46 PM
:eek::lol:

JustRalph
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
The VP pick is about having an attack dog at the debate and on the Stump. He can go after McCain on his own turf because they are the same. Biden fits the mold. He will match up well for a debate..........and then if elected he can be the official funeral attender..............

Indulto
08-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Osama bin Laden?

Nope.

Obama's Biden laden.

P.S. After Sept 11 2001 as the U.S. chased terrorist Osama, who would have dared thought that the American Presidential ticket would give this option in 2008? I would have bet against it.:lol:
I think Obama sees Biden as what Cheney should have been. Unlike Cheney, he actually ran for president, getting funding independently to some degree.

Apparently, the Obama campaign has some way to counter the old plagarism charges that plagued Biden at the end of his bid.

so.cal.fan
08-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I have a suggestion for McCain (as if he would listen to me.LOL)
http://gov.state.ak.us/bio.php
Sarah Palin, Gov. of Alaska, she is young, brilliant and would really represent change! Bet a lot of Hillary supporters would vote for the ticket with her on it!

Marshall Bennett
08-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Only hope he chooses someone that doesn't say " My friend " in every other sentence . He may get my vote , by default , but he'll never be a friend .

ArlJim78
08-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Osama bin Laden?

Nope.

Obama's Biden laden.

P.S. After Sept 11 2001 as the U.S. chased terrorist Osama, who would have dared thought that the American Presidential ticket would give this option in 2008? I would have bet against it.
no I think it should be

Obama bin Biden

RichieP
08-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Osama bin Laden?

Nope.

Obama's Biden laden.

:lol::lol: :ThmbUp:

Tom
08-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Only hope he chooses someone that doesn't say " My friend " in every other sentence . He may get my vote , by default , but he'll never be a friend .

Maybe he will find someone living in one of his unknown houses and name him!:lol:

kenwoodallpromos
08-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Best stick to what domestic strength the VP's bring- Biden would be BO's Senate representative. IMO Dem VP's choices do better at that.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-23-2008, 08:21 PM
If Obama-Biden get elected, there is a chance of 0 to 2 less Democrat Senators.

So far, McCain would make possibly of 0 to 1 less Republican Senator, with the VP choice still unknown at this point.

Depends on who replaces the winning Pres-VP candidates in the Senate.

HUSKER55
08-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I think his pick for VP will be the turning point. I still think if he chose Condalessa Rice as his running mate and do like Tom said , keep his mouth shut, he would cinch the election. There is a flaw. I don't think she is dumb enough to take the position.

So, who do you like??

husker55

:)

lsbets
08-23-2008, 11:12 PM
I think his pick for VP will be the turning point. I still think if he chose Condalessa Rice as his running mate and do like Tom said , keep his mouth shut, he would cinch the election. There is a flaw. I don't think she is dumb enough to take the position.

So, who do you like??

husker55

:)

He has two women, Fiorina and Whitman, from outside of politics and very involved in his campaign. Both were CEOs of major companies and would bring a lot of economic cred, but I think Fiorina has a lot of baggage too. I don't know anything about their positions, but I think either one of them would be a huge attention getter and get a lot of the disgruntled Hillary voters. Either choice would represent real change - someone from outside of politics.

But, politicians stick together. He'll play it safe and choose some governor, probably the dude from Min. :sleeping:

JustRalph
08-24-2008, 12:13 AM
http://patriotroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/palin-5.JPG

Enough said..............and he would pick up more of Hillary's voters.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

She has some problems, but it would be an awesome gamble

Tom
08-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Two possibilities - Romney or Gen.Petraus
He will not win without the conservative base, and by chance he does, who cares? If he wins by bringing liberals into the party and NOT converting them, we might as well have Obama. McCain is a fool at heart and I have no doubt he will screw it up.

bigmack
08-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Sarah Palin? Not a chance.

Bring on Romney.

Biden already looks more Presidential than Obama. With Romney joining McGoo, folk will wonder how Obama got the nom. Or do they already?

pandy
08-24-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm a Canadian, but I still have an opinion.
I think Biden is a very good choice.
From what I read about him, I support a lot of the things he represents. I think he'd be a better Presidential candidate than Obama.

4 years ago, if someone would've have said to me, in 2008 it's going to be a Biden/Obama ticket, I would've replied, "Obama doesn't have enough experience to be V.P."

lsbets
08-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Romney would be a worse pick for McCain than Biden was for Obama. How much of his own money did Romney spend? And he generated zero excitement until his speech when he dropped out. If he didn't spend so much of his own cash he would have been out faster than Giuliani. Romney would add nothing to the ticket. I'm sure the possibility was mentioned to Petraeus, but there is about zero chance that he would do it - he has more important things to do right now.

Marshall Bennett
08-24-2008, 10:40 AM
I really don't care anymore who McCain chooses . The more I listen to McCain , the less I like him . Obama's nothing more than a black George McGovern . Both of these candidates irritate me . Wish I could put my vote on Ebay for the two to fight over . I'm disgusted with this election . What a disgrace to American history to have such garbage to choose from for a president . Wish Bush could serve a third term , he'd likely lose the election but at least I could feel my vote wasn't a complete waste of time and gas money . Enough said , just had to get this off my chest .... sorry folks !!

highnote
08-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Sounds like there is a good opportunity for a strong candidate from an independent party rather than the two from America's Party -- The Party of the Incumbents.

The betting exchanges correctly picked Biden.

Romney is currently the repub favorite by a bigger margin than Biden.

Obama is favored over McCain, but I think they've got that one wrong.

I think McCain wins it.

banacek
08-24-2008, 12:43 PM
http://patriotroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/palin-5.JPG

Enough said..............and he would pick up more of Hillary's voters.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

She has some problems, but it would be an awesome gamble

Craig Ferguson (the guy on after Letterman) was talking about her and said she had "the hot librarian look". I would have to agree.

robert99
08-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Sounds like there is a good opportunity for a strong candidate from an independent party rather than the two from America's Party -- The Party of the Incumbents.

The betting exchanges correctly picked Biden.

Romney is currently the repub favorite by a bigger margin than Biden.

Obama is favored over McCain, but I think they've got that one wrong.

I think McCain wins it.

It is now looking that way, as the "Republican" hate machine trashes anyone good or bad, by fair means or foul.
It seems that social anti-black awareness that dare not speak its name is not too far below the surface in neighbours and workmates you understand (not the interviewee, of course who with a straight face can now go for the "inexperienced" humbug - all new Presidents are totally inexperienced) and would be curtains if a black VP had been chosen. A token black President propped up by "whitey" is not quite so bad to stomach, as long as we don't have to live too close or our kids attend the same schools.

bigmack
08-24-2008, 02:13 PM
It is now looking that way, as the "Republican" hate machine trashes anyone good or bad, by fair means or foul.
It seems that social anti-black awareness that dare not speak its name is not too far below the surface in neighbours and workmates you understand (not the interviewee, of course who with a straight face can now go for the "inexperienced" humbug - all new Presidents are totally inexperienced) and would be curtains if a black VP had been chosen. A token black President propped up by "whitey" is not quite so bad to stomach, as long as we don't have to live too close or our kids attend the same schools.
Thanks Dr. Freud. Enlighten us into the minds of others with your distorted rationale.

boxcar
08-24-2008, 02:16 PM

But not all new presidents are inexperienced politically. For those so hot on inexperience, maybe they should nominate some Average American living in some very average home with very average income from a very mediocre job-- and go from there.

Boxcar

skate
08-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Robert99

Hey look, i've got a very very Low IQ (81), but with prejudice aside, could you explain?.......................................... .................................................. .....

"It seems that social anti-black awareness that dare not speak its name is not too far below the surface in neighbours and workmates you understand "

i'm trying, honest

skate
08-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Hey BigMack;

Thanks for the picture, for a minute, i thought you were referring to Sinatra...
loosen up:)

JustRalph
08-24-2008, 03:14 PM

have you ever spent any time in the States? and I am not talking about a big city either?

You really think you know what you are talking about don't you?

Watch out for the big bad Republican Hate machine............ it might get you!

Tom
08-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Actually, it is the DEMOCRATS who continually play the race card, who run a hate machine, who have decimated the entire Black race in the states, who do their best to keep people down.

BTW, Robert, see many dragons over there this time of year? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Check out some of the comments from this page
http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/hillary-people

Jimmy Q (not verified) says:
Hillary Clinton was cast aside by limousine leftists and a gaggle of thankless, overwhelmingly racist blacks who, after lionizing the Clintons for years, shamelessly portrayed them as "racists" as soon as they had the opportunity to "vote fo' a brotha, yo!"

Given that the Clintons had pandered to these people for 15 years, affording them far more input and importance than either their numbers or their social contributions warranted, the black betrayal was especially nauseous.

Now it's time for vengeance at the polls, where throngs of
Hillary Democrats will say, "NO!" to Obama and his crew of of silver-spoon Columbia kids and racist, blame-whitey blacks.

DO NOT stay home, Hillary Dems! Vote for McCain. A vote not cast is a vote for Obama and his scumbag constituents.

August 24, 2008 2:17 PM
replyflag thisreport as spamAnonymous (not verified) says:
Here we go....your right Jimmy Q. But who's fault is it? Mr. Bill Clinton who bent forward for them and now that he has his pants down (in many ways than one) he is getting screwed by the very people he gave and gave. Your analysis is correct and - yes, they should vote for McCain - I will!

August 24, 2008 3:23 PM
replyflag thisreport as spam

JustRalph
08-24-2008, 06:37 PM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2008/08/24/more-biden-wiki-wackiness-whole-year-disappears

JustRalph
08-24-2008, 06:50 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/24/free-speech-denver-style/

Fox News needs some security :lol:

wonatthewire1
08-24-2008, 06:57 PM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2008/08/24/more-biden-wiki-wackiness-whole-year-disappears

From your link above:
"Joe Biden thought that John McCain would be perfectly qualified to be Veep on the Democratic ticket in 2004, and thus fit to serve as President if something should happen to John Kerry, his party's nominee."

Just goes to show that real conservatives will stay home for this election as there is no point in voting for either one of the liebrals running for president.

We can only hope that Chaney talks some sense into Bush in revoking the election and staying on in the WH even if the armed forces have to ring the place with armor.

Tom
08-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Bush :4::4:?

Hmmmmmmm.
I could live with that.

:jump::jump::jump:

JustRalph
08-25-2008, 12:37 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/24/election.2008.poll/index.html

"In a new CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Sunday night, 47 percent of those questioned are backing Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominees, with an equal amount supporting his Republican opponent, McCain.

"This looks like a step backward for Obama, who had a 51 to 44 percent advantage last month," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Even last week, just before his choice of Joe Biden as his running mate became known, most polls tended to show Obama with a single-digit advantage over McCain."

So what's the difference now?

It may be supporters of Hillary Clinton, who still would prefer the New York senator and former first lady as the Democratic Party's presidential nominee. Watch are Clinton backers on board? »

Sixty-six percent of Clinton supporters -- registered Democrats who want Clinton as the nominee -- are now backing Obama. That's down from 75 percent in the end of June. Twenty-seven percent of them now say they'll support McCain, up from 16 percent in late June.

"The number of Clinton Democrats who say they would vote for McCain has gone up 11 points since June, enough to account for most, although not all, of the support McCain has gained in that time," Holland said."

so.cal.fan
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Intresting, Ralph
I know several people who supported Hillary Clinton. I think that the people at the Dem Convention, may end up supporting Obama, but a lot of Dems not at the convention and aren't happy with Obama being the nominee....will either vote for McCain or stay home.
What the Democratic party has done is selected a far left candidate who really only represents less than 10% of the voters, nationwide in his views.
They have selected him as the candidate for a major political party.
I may have voted for Hillary, but I will not vote for Obama, I consider him arrogant to a fault, very questionable connections in Rev. Wright and Rizzo, the crooked developer from Chicago. I am not impressed with Obama at all.
I fear he is just a clever front, the radical wing of the Democratic party has given us.
I don't like the way they just "kicked to the curb" Hillary and Bill Clinton, who made the Dem party in the 90's.
I would like to see "change", but certainly not Obama. I've already told you all that I like Gov. Sarah Palin......anyone who argues she hasn't enough experience.........I argue back at you....what about B.O.?

Tom
08-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Biden - under 7,000 votes in the primaries.
Hillary - over 18,000,000 votes.

On paper, Biden looks like OBama's attempt to cover the margin of error. :lol:

so.cal.fan
08-25-2008, 12:51 PM
The big question, Tom.
18 million votes for Hillary. How many will support Obama?......you can bet your boots not as many as they need.

Show Me the Wire
08-25-2008, 01:13 PM
This might clarify why Obama picked Joe as his running mate http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/rezko/1124666,CST-NWS-rezko25.article.

The Rezco connection. It seems the more things change the more they stay the same.

so.cal.fan
08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Wow, SMTW....this is pretty damn shocking! :eek:

JustRalph
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=597YG23mAWs

SoCal......check out Debra............in the video :lol:

so.cal.fan
08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Yes, and there are many who feel that way.

toetoe
08-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Drop the overused term "change." Now ya got "We can be leavin.'"

skate
08-25-2008, 09:07 PM

copy that

skate
08-25-2008, 09:14 PM
It so pathetic, gees, every point made by O'bambam, bingo , he flips. nothing wrong with a flip , but gees...

I'm thinking that Bidens son is a big time Lobby dude, yet O'bambam keeps lipping about

change:eek: , what a joker and what fools that follow him.

Tom
08-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Osama wants to clean up the beltway corruption, so he picks a guy who has been in the senate longer than McCain????
Tonight, they will spotlight Pelosi, Kennedy and Carter - the three stooges of politics and three who are more responsible for the problems in this country than any others bar none. Three disgusting anti-americans. Three proven losers. And this party of fools and quitters is proud of them!!!!:lol:

bigmack
08-25-2008, 10:27 PM
spotlight Pelosi, Kennedy and Carter - the three stooges of politics
Best I can do on short note, t.

Hey, Moe/Kennedy - Tomato/Tomahtoe.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/stooges.jpg

riskman
08-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Preserving "the centralization of government power in the White House" is the best and most effective means devised thus far for allowing the political elite to run the country without interference from the dirty, stupid masses, and though the establishment generally believes (accurately) that Republicans serve those ends more effectively, what they care about most is obtaining a bipartisan commitment to continuing that state of affairs. They're fine with rhetoric bashing the Bush administration -- now that it's almost over. What they oppose most vociferously is any effort to change the framework that enabled it.

Nothing changes Jan. 20 2009--Same old shit-- different faces.

highnote
08-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Nothing changes Jan. 20 2009--Same old shit-- different faces.

Correct. There is now only one party in America -- the party of the incumbents.

JustRalph
08-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I have a suggestion for McCain (as if he would listen to me.LOL)
http://gov.state.ak.us/bio.php
Sarah Palin, Gov. of Alaska, she is young, brilliant and would really represent change! Bet a lot of Hillary supporters would vote for the ticket with her on it!

From your keyboard to gods ears, nice call............

so.cal.fan
08-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks, Ralph,
now, don't anyone post the odds I could have got on this one!

ElKabong
08-30-2008, 12:59 AM
WOW...Great call, SoCalfan!

so.cal.fan
08-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Has anyone heard of Iowa Electronic Market, IEM?
Can you really bet futures on these things?
Isn't that a form of GASP...."gambling" LOL