PDA

View Full Version : Indyanne - Single or try to beat? - 8/23 Race 8 - Spa

menifee
08-23-2008, 01:37 AM
This looks like a very nice horse. Really has not been asked yet. But there is a lot of early speed in this race and she has never trailed. If someone heads her, you don't how she will react.

Thoughts?

Charismatic
08-23-2008, 01:58 AM
I never single big chalk..thats just me. Especially one that has never ran over the track. I went with Informed Decision in this one.

www.luckymagee.com (http://www.luckymagee.com)

oddsmaven
08-23-2008, 06:54 AM
My thoughts are that though she is terrific, there is that ton of speed in here that you pointed out and it might make it hard on her...a classy horse is normally more trustworthy as heavy chalk than those in cheaper races, so I'm not going to fault singling here too much, but on balance I don't like it.

HUSKER55
08-23-2008, 07:36 AM
She is a good horse, no doubt abut that. But, she is shipped in and she is in tight and this field is filled with horses that want to win and have the numbers to justify it. I don't think so, but that is just me. There is going to be pressure from the start till the end.

husker55

:)

HEY DUDE
08-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Man, what a race! At first look I figured somebody might beat the :5: Indyanne. However second glance at her and I'm not sure. The one thing she shows is improvement every time out. Every time out she has maintained a pace necessary to lead by 1 or 2 lengths up to the 2C, and 4 or 5 lengths to the str, and then shows pace necessary to finish off all rivals by 6 - 10 lengths. My thoughts are that will be the case today.
However if I were to take a stand against her it would be the:2: or:3: or:7: . Not sure if I'll play or pass this one yet. If I can get decent odds on the :5: (2-1>) then I might just key her with several. However, if her appearance is poor at post, then I will probally key the above horses with the ALL button$$$$$$(Unlikely though).
One horse I will take a stand against is the :1a: . I wasted money on Mott yesterday and as far as I'm concerned, I dont think it wont be long before this guy is training at Pinnacle.:lol: He has not been doing well lately. Well, Good Luck on this one dudes. :5:

Bobzilla
08-23-2008, 09:08 AM
It would be tempting to single Indyanne off her montrous win in the Azalea. Who knows, she might win by daylight and for fun. However, taking into consideration the fact she might be the entry in this sequence most singled, I personally would prefer to single another entry in the sequence who might be a price, a potential seperator, and live and die with it. For myself that would be a better strategy.

Furthermore, in contentious races such as this I usually don't single an animal who is lacking the experience that some of her competitors have. Often times, even horses with immense talent but who are light on experience, such as Indyanne, don't fire when confronted with a different race shape or race dynamic. In the aftermath, the public and media find themselves dumbfounded, or even suspicious, of the often coined "inexplicable dismal performance". War Pass, Brownie himself, heck we've all seen examples of this. I'm not saying that would be my prediction, I just feel it's a possibility. From just a cursory glance of this contest, I would probably go 1,2,5,6.

I might be tempted to single Distorted Reality in the Bernard Baruch. He's an underrated animal.

sammy the sage
08-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Filly's...should NEVER be singled...

use this as a hedge play...single her 5x's...play all the other's you like ONCE...if you can't afford that...then SKIP this race and WHAT-EVER bet's that may entail!

Robert Fischer
08-23-2008, 10:19 AM
wide open race

sally
08-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Someone on this board said once, "don't see something that isn't there, and don't ignore the obvious"... I have to say, it seems obvious to me that Indyanne is going to wire this field-- but that's just my opinion :D

menifee
08-23-2008, 04:10 PM
She didn't break well and she was done. Good horse, not great. Baze did everything he could to get her to the front but she was cooked.

Robert Fischer
08-23-2008, 05:20 PM
how was she 2/5 ?

sally
08-23-2008, 05:21 PM
got my fork - got to go find some crow....:rolleyes:

JustRalph
08-23-2008, 05:27 PM
my Jcapper UDM's screamed the 4 and 6 and I sat and watched....... :bang: :bang: could have been an easy tri multiple times

Not impressed with card today

juanepstein
08-23-2008, 05:29 PM
my Jcapper UDM's screamed the 4 and 6 and I sat and watched....... :bang: :bang: could have been an easy tri multiple times

Not impressed with card today

duggans hot right now. couldnt lose a few weeks ago.