PDA

View Full Version : Transatlantic stable ??

frenchy
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi guys !!

Do you know if this stable is always in the "business" ?? i m not sure that the website is updated...the boss was mj de vita.

Thanks

JWBurnie
08-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Trans Atlantic Racing Stable

Last winner I have was on 08/14/08 at CT w/ Stephanie Beattie.

Yorker
08-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Started in 2004 with horses stabled in CT only. Almost all of the partnerships are one-time payment, limited risk partnerships. Depending on the claiming price, most partnerships have between 20 (5%) and 50 (2%) shares. The trainers bear a lot of the risk, so some are extremely picky about which horse gets claimed. Some partnerships have gone over 1 year without a claim being entered.

70% of the horse earnings go back to the trainer and management. 30% goes to the shareholders.

They've expanded to having horses all over the country. CT, MNR, Penn, Suffolk, S Cal, N Cal, Indiana, Arlington, Kentucky, Canada.

My opinion is that Mike DeVita is in way over his head. Communication to the partners is almost non existent these days. He has a full-time job with the NJDOT.

Si2see
08-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Tom Schell may or may not comment on them, but he used to train for them. Jason

Yorker
08-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes, McShell racing had a few horses for TARS back in 2006. I'm not sure how things ended up, but I do remember a fatal breakdown for one of the horses.

frenchy
08-21-2008, 04:59 PM
thanks they 've a yahoo group for the owners but there is no activity on it ..

CryingForTheHorses
08-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes, McShell racing had a few horses for TARS back in 2006. I'm not sure how things ended up, but I do remember a fatal breakdown for one of the horses.

Mike Divita is a good guy,Trying to let partners get into the business with minimunm cost.He has done well for being just 1 guy.His selection of trainers and his input has made this partnership fairly successful.Give him a chance to chat with you,Who knows you may be in the winners circle very soon..