PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan wins first medal ever

46zilzal
08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Fellow won a bronze in Tae Kwan Do,

These stories are what should make headlines, not the rich and technologically advanced athletes, but the ones that make it the hard way.

delayjf
08-20-2008, 05:42 PM
My wife was beside herself when Cristy Coventry from Zimbabwa won her gold medal. She thought it was so cool that a girl from a small country like Zimbabwa, that didn't have all the latest training facilities and methods could beat the best from the big super powers - until she learned that the swimmer trained in the US and was on the Auburn University swim team. Still I understand where she's coming from.

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2008, 02:56 AM
These stories are what should make headlines, not the rich and technologically advanced athletes, but the ones that make it the hard way.Spoken like a true (fill in the blank).

46zilzal
08-22-2008, 02:59 AM
People love athletes like Eddie the Eagle Edwards from the steeplechasing town of Cheltenham. They always will: a guy who doesn't have the talent but makes up for it in heart.

BRAVO BRAVO

rastajenk
08-22-2008, 07:03 AM
Gotta watch out for the Jamaican bobsledders in 2010. They should be loaded, after watching them sprint this week.

ghostyapper
08-22-2008, 09:37 AM

These stories are what should make headlines, not the rich and technologically advanced athletes, but the ones that make it the hard way.

A brilliant thought. I believe in horse racing the headlines should not be those spoiled kentucky bred horses with their superior grass when they win a G1. Rather we should focus on those colorado and missouri bred disadvantaged horses whenever they win a 5k claiming race.

DRF and bloodhorse are you listening?

Tom
08-22-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm sure they are. They know they wouldn't sell many issues if they did.
Who would care? The only ones who might were probably riding them and cleaning thier stalls.

Tom
08-22-2008, 10:12 AM

Just how many medal winners do you suppose won them the "easy" way?