PDA

View Full Version : " Pace is Pace ".........

LottaKash
08-20-2008, 02:28 AM
This evening, while watching the Olympics, the Women's 400M race was being run.....Sanya Richards, running for the USA, was in the next to last outside lane..... She busted out of the starting blocks like a bolt of lightining, and was in a big command, until they hit the last straightaway to the wire, and it was about mid-way down the lane, when I saw a phenomenon that occurs quite frequently, at the hoss races......She began to shorten her stride, and the field went zooming bye.......

How often we see this in Harness Racing, in fact in all racing, it seems she was so excited about winning, as she was the favorite to do so, that she just did not pace herself well, and raced the early portion of the race, out of her skin....And, she paid dearly for her impatience, no medal here.....

Since, this was the Olympics, one would assume, that these gals were the cream of the World's Crop, and she came up lame (Bounce), as she admitted that her hamstring cramped up, thus the shortening of stride and a terrible loss.........

If the Harness equivalent are the Free-for-Allers, than her race, might be likened to a 25 sec 1st-1/4 and a 51-or 52 second half, and after that most horses, even the very good ones, might get the cramps too.......

Has this ever happened to your hoss.......haha.........:D :D :D :D :D :D

well, just an observation.......

best,

menifee
08-20-2008, 03:21 AM
It's funny you posted this. My wife and I watched the race and after the race, my wife (who is a novice horseracing fan) turned to me and said that was just like a horse that went to fast early in the race.

I wonder if in human racing, there are certain tracks that are kind to speed? If that race was run on the current Suffolk oval, she would have won by 5...

LottaKash
08-20-2008, 03:44 AM
It's funny you posted this. My wife and I watched the race and after the race, my wife (who is a novice horseracing fan) turned to me and said that was just like a horse that went to fast early in the race.

I wonder if in human racing, there are certain tracks that are kind to speed? If that race was run on the current Suffolk oval, she would have won by 5...

Hey Menifee, that coincidence is too funny, I mean about your wife's comment.....And, maybe the Aqu-inner would be the right track, or maybe the new Poly-tracks would work better, yeah, lets's ship her to Del-Mar :lol: ........She just over-paced early.......:cool:

best to you and Mrs.......

Sea Biscuit
08-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Hey Menifee, that coincidence is too funny, I mean about your wife's comment.....And, maybe the Aqu-inner would be the right track, or maybe the new Poly-tracks would work better, yeah, lets's ship her to Del-Mar :lol: ........She just over-paced early.......:cool:

best to you and Mrs.......

Hey LK Do read my thread of Mohawk July 5 and you will find a prime example of pace in the 11th race with my comments.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48452

My best to you.

LottaKash
08-20-2008, 03:56 AM
Hey LK Do read my thread of Mohawk July 5 and you will find a prime example of pace in the 11th race with my comments.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48452

My best to you.

COOL........:cool:

best.