PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Chester's 12th?

The Bit
08-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Pretty bad accident and I'm hoping no one was seriously hurt but too many things say otherwise. It looked awful. They cancelled the 13th.

Fake Denario broke and fell while in the pocket and atleast 3 horses/drivers went over him.

Teach
08-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Lastest word is that Cat Manzi has a possible broken left shoulder; Eric Goodell, who went airborne, has both a possible rib injury and possible internal injuries; Tim Tetrick has a right elbow contusion; and Brian Sears walked away. No injuries to horses. Fake Denario went down first. Four Stars Sue also went down. Last race cancelled.

LottaKash
08-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Bit, I saw that race also,.....and from the tone of the announcer voice just after the accident, and minutes later, if my perceptions are correct, the announcer sounded very somber and it was almost as if, he were holding his true emotions at bay............very guarded, to say the least.....Cat Manzi, Brian Sears, and Tim Tetrick and Eric Goodell, I believe were involved in the mishap.....I'm just supposing this, as it was an 8-horse field, and there were just 4-horses that finished the official mile.......

From what I saw, the 8-Fake Denario, must have swallowed his tongue, and choked down to his front knees, and the horse (whoever was following him plowed into Goodell, and/or the horse behind, went right over the top of him, after that it was a bit of blur to me, but, I did notice one driver laying prone well past the stretch pylons, into the infield, with a tangle of horses and sulkys.....The camera, of course never showed any further views of the crash........

Imo, if the last race was cancelled, I suspect some bad news will be forthcoming......I pray it not........

best,

LottaKash
08-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Good news, just after posting this, I decided to try the USTA's great website, and voila', the good news is, both Eric Goodell, and the Catman, are both alive and were conscious when they transported them to the Repair-shop.......

Nothing further on their status was reported or known as of that writing...

V.G.

best.

wilderness
08-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Imo, if the last race was cancelled, I suspect some bad news will be forthcoming......I pray it not........
best,

Likelt the reason for the cancallation was because no "attending" ambulances were available.

State laws vary, some require one, others two, to be in attendance before live racing may take place.

LottaKash
08-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Likelt the reason for the cancallation was because no "attending" ambulances were available.

State laws vary, some require one, others two, to be in attendance before live racing may take place.

Hey Wilderness, you never cease to amaze me.......It makes so much sense, about the ambulance in attendance.....

my best to you,