PDA

View Full Version : condition one more time

BIG HIT
08-17-2008, 08:06 AM
CRC-R10 OC16000n1x 5f turf which have NEVER won a race other than mdn,clm,or clm price 16000.How do 2,3,5,6,8,get in race they all won at or above 16.?And what exactly does X mean.Granted some of above winner were NW2,3L one 16n1x and opn.Annd the#3 won who was clm25Nw3l 2o tot ml win as one favorite.

ryesteve
08-17-2008, 08:22 AM
CRC-R10 OC16000n1x 5f turf which have NEVER won a race other than mdn,clm,or clm price 16000.How do 2,3,5,6,8,get in race they all won at or above 16.?And what exactly does X mean.Granted some of above winner were NW2,3L one 16n1x and opn.Annd the#3 won who was clm25Nw3l 2o tot ml win as one favorite.
It's an optional claimer... the use of "or" is confusing. The race is for horses who haven't won other than a mdn, clm or starter race; if they have, then they can enter the race and be claimed for $16k. Some of the horses you mentioned were entered to be claimed, even though their allowance wins were too far back to be in the PPs.

My question: the 11 was eligible for a NW1 allowance back in march, and hasn't won since... so why was he in for a tag when he didn't have to be? Isn't that a pretty bad sign if the owner is willing to lose the horse when he doesn't have to?

applebee
08-17-2008, 08:50 AM
as written the only horses not eligible would be an allowance or stakes winner.
Its an optional claimer and the claiming price isnt even listed.
Someone needs to get a proof reader.

jotb
08-17-2008, 10:19 AM

The reason why the number 3 Glass Blower was bet down a little less than 3-1 was the fact the race was taken off the turf. Once the race comes off the turf you can dismiss the morning line odds for all horses.

The 2 horse Shephard Street was scr. For the record the horse was elgible for the ALW part of the condition but was entered for the selling price of 16k. I guess the connections didn't run for the ALW condition because the previously ran for the selling price of 16k the race before.

The 3 horse was Glass Blower and he too, was elgible for the ALW part of the condition. They could have ran him for the selling price of 16k but he finished 2nd the time before for the selling price of 25k.

The 6 Horse Brilliant Cut was a late scr. but was not elgible for the ALW condition because he won an ALW1X at SA in 2007. Connections have no choice and have to run for the selling price of 16k.

The 8 horse Great Victorian was elgible for the ALW condition and since he ran decent the time before at a selling price for 20k the connections didn't want to lose the horse.

I saved the 5 horse Magazine last because I want to see if the other members on the board can explain why the horse was entered for the ALW condition and not the selling price. Here are the pp's for magazine since MAY,23,2008.

May 23- Magazine win an AOC18200NW1$X (was in for a tag that day 16k)

June 21- Magazine finished 7th in a SA8200

June 28- Magazine finished 3rd in a STK36K

July 26- Magazine finished 3rd in a AOC25KNW1$X (was not in for selling price)

Aug 9- Magazine finished 5th in a STK55K

Aug 16 yesterdays race Magazine was scr from the race. The race condition was AOC25KNW1$X (but was not in for a selling price).

Why was the horse entered for the ALW condition when he won on May 23?

Joe

Marlin
08-17-2008, 11:10 AM
My question: the 11 was eligible for a NW1 allowance back in march, and hasn't won since... so why was he in for a tag when he didn't have to be? Isn't that a pretty bad sign if the owner is willing to lose the horse when he doesn't have to?Not a bad sign IMO. He probably doesn't want to lose a condition as this race will not count against him if he wins.

Marlin
08-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Not a bad sign IMO. He probably doesn't want to lose a condition as this race will not count against him if he wins.Although every situation is different. This horse scratched and after looking closer appeared overmatched. When your horse has no chance to be claimed it is probably better to save the condition and race for the tag.

BIG HIT
08-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Take chance cherry pick as had a good chance for win and if claimed still get hefty sum.?That would be my guess.The winner of crc had clm25N3l was he not jumping condition.?And aren't horse that were in opn company be the horse with edge.?I guess your saying the horse that win this race for a tag can run this condition agian only can't run for a price.?I'am assuming the X mean's two wayyou can qualify for race.But what about 2,or3nx then come,s just n or nc which thought meant which always thought same as opn

Cratos
08-17-2008, 02:15 PM

$16,000 optional claiming race for "N1x," meaning non-winners of 1 race in its lifetime, other than maiden race, claiming race, or starter allowance race.

BIG HIT
08-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Guy's thank's alot tried to find info in race fourm as far as 1,2,3,X and n1x-n and,n and nc tried turfpedia no luck if you guy or anyone else care to tell me difference.Would be greatly appreicated.Playing horse since 68 and at the old DRC where there was mostly condition's like nwl of 2,3,4 or since such and such date or distance or opn.At any rate thank's

ryesteve
08-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Not a bad sign IMO. He probably doesn't want to lose a condition as this race will not count against him if he wins.I don't think the race would count any differently towards his conditions, if he was entered to be claimed or not. And even if it did, if you think your horse is worth only $16k at most, I don't see why you'd be concerned about losing a condition.

Marlin
08-17-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't think the race would count any differently towards his conditions, if he was entered to be claimed or not. And even if it did, if you think your horse is worth only $16k at most, I don't see why you'd be concerned about losing a condition.100% fact it would count as a claimer and not an allowance race. It is always wise to save a condition no matter the current state of the horse.

ryesteve
08-17-2008, 10:22 PM
100% fact it would count as a claimer and not an allowance race.Yeah, I know. I'm saying that if the horse is NOT entered to be claimed, it doesn't transform the race into an allowance race.

stu
08-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm saying that if the horse is NOT entered to be claimed, it doesn't transform the race into an allowance race.

If a horse wins this race without a claiming tag, all racing secretaries will count it as an allowance win.

If a horse wins this race with a claiming tag, all racing secretaries will count it as a claiming win.

The foal papers will get backed to represent the appropriate win.

ryesteve
08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
If a horse wins this race without a claiming tag, all racing secretaries will count it as an allowance win.Interesting. Am I the only one who doesn't see the logic here? I thought the point of writing conditions was to match up horse according to the equivalency of their prior wins. If a horse wins an optional claimer, he beat the same horses regardless of whatever his entry status was.

Tom
08-18-2008, 09:48 AM
The horse would have to run for the claiming tag to get back in that race. He would have to move up to the next condition to stay claim-free.

Marlin
08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Interesting. Am I the only one who doesn't see the logic here? I thought the point of writing conditions was to match up horse according to the equivalency of their prior wins. If a horse wins an optional claimer, he beat the same horses regardless of whatever his entry status was.In the case of Calder, the RS must feel 16K open and 1 X horses are comparable. It is a valuable "trick" that can make filling races easier. I don't follow Calder one bit but would imagine the 2 X has a 25K tag and 3 X would have a 35K tag.

WaHoo
08-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Guy's thank's alot tried to find info in race fourm as far as 1,2,3,X and n1x-n and,n and nc tried turfpedia no luck if you guy or anyone else care to tell me difference.Would be greatly appreicated.Playing horse since 68 and at the old DRC where there was mostly condition's like nwl of 2,3,4 or since such and such date or distance or opn.At any rate thank's

Race Classification from Bris

http://www.brisnet.com/library/rclass.pdf

BIG HIT
08-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Your the man thank's belong to bris myself what or how did you find that there.Any way thank's

WaHoo
08-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Your the man thank's belong to bris myself what or how did you find that there.Any way thank's

Brisnet home page and click on Library

http://www.brisnet.com/