PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Using Safari on Windows Box?

JustRalph
08-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Upgraded my Itunes....... clicking thru really fast and realized I got a copy of Safari installed also.

Never used it............but I find that it is fast as hell so far.............

any tips....or experiences I should look out for?

dutchboy
08-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I use it. It will not work with YouBet. YouBet will only work with IE or FF. Paypal has suggested not using in the past due to security issues. Those issues I assume may have been fixed.

It is really fast. If anyone is interested just Google it and read the reviews.

JustRalph
08-22-2008, 01:16 PM
works great with Twinspires..........much faster

DJofSD
08-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey, Ralph, you seem to be pretty good with the PC stuff -- let my hijack this thread a little.

I just got an iPod and found that when I use a playlist, the order of the songs when the music files and the playlist gets uploaded to the iPod are not in the "right" order.

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to listen to the songs in the original order they appear on the album/CD.

TIA

DJofSD
08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Never mind, I think I've got it figured out, now.

First, my existing playlists needed to (1) have the view altered to show me the tracks number column, then (2) sort on that column.

Next, I found out that by customizing the view of the "all songs" display that any new playlist I create will use that as a template. Now, when I rip new CDs for importing into the iPod, I can easily ensure the new playlist have the songs sorted by track number.

JustRalph
08-22-2008, 07:32 PM
sounds right to me.

I went thru this with my wife's ipod about a year back. Pain in the ass.......