PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 8/16

nobeyerspls
08-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Longball - We had three out of four last week but only one lousy $27 exacta. We would have made more if we bet all of them straight. So, what did you learn?
Chalky - I learned that I should have used the favorite under your $18 horse. That exacta paid $62 bucks.
Longball - No. Don't you see that it's not what you bet but how you bet it. We should have gone horizontal. That double paid $78.50 and the 3/2 in the prior race led to a $165 pick3. Worse than that the next two were logical at 4-1 and 2-1. Both of those pick 3's were over $300. That 8-1 leveraged up to nearly $1,000 in horizontal wagers.
Chalky - Yeah, well it's easy when it's over. So today we're doing the first four at Woodbine. Why not Saratoga?
Longball - With the screwy weather, you can't do that track in advance and there's value at Woodbine. The consensus best bet is in the first and he's vulnerable. I like #5 Libiamo (6-1). He caught the one hole in both his starts and was off slow in his last. Nice works since then and he should like the added furlong. In the 2nd #5 Dawn Raid (4-1) and #2 True Jean (6-1) look live. My pick in the 3rd is #6 Stunning Stag (4-1) off the freshening. I'll use him with the #1 and #2. I'll shoot for an upset in the Belle Mahone with #6 Dance To My Tune (8-1). Have to use Bear Now and Serenading with her.
Chalky - #3 Edge will be the favorite in the 1st but I'll go against him with #7 Jerry's Connection (4-1). The entry looks tough in the 2nd so I'll box them with your picks. In the 3rd #2 Yummy With Butter looks solid and the 4th looks like a match race between #5 Bear Now and #1 Serenading. So how will we play these?
Longball - It doesn't have to be vertical or horizontal, we can do both with exacta and tri boxes, a double part wheel, and rolling pick threes. And if a square price is there we can bet straight.
Chalky - Who are you? Donald Trump? We're looking at over a $100 bucks.
Longball - Well, we've got that $27 from last week and I didn't blow all of my economic stimulous check at the strip club.
Chalky - You spent government money at a strip club?
Longball - Yeah and I got a lot more value than a $400 toilet seat.