PDA

View Full Version : How can I copy Daily Double probables into a spreadsheet?

Poindexter
08-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Well that toteboard charters thread inspired me to write a quick spreadsheet that would give me the equivalent win odds for the horse in the first race and second race of the double based off the double prices at a given point in time. That was easy, I tried it out today at Del Mar and really liked some of the insight it gave me. The problem is that it takes too long to type in each double probable. How does one copy and paste(or do the equivalent) from an online source of daily double probables into your spreadsheet.

arkansasman
08-16-2008, 06:07 AM
You can use a web query in Excel from some online tote boards to automatically import and refresh the tote board.

GeniusIQ179
11-07-2008, 05:09 PM
COULD YOU EXPAND ON HOW I COULD GO ABOUT THIS? I HAVE A SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT IDEA TO TRY. I AM HAMPERED BY ONLY HAVING WIN-XP WITH A EXCEL-97 SPREADSHEET. :confused:

arkansasman
11-07-2008, 06:00 PM
What tote board do you use?

Look in your Excel and see if under DATA you have an Import External Data.

If you have that in Excel 97, you can import a tote board and have it automatically refesh.

John

vikingrob
11-08-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't recall Supertote providing daily-double will-pays after the first leg is official. However, it's not hard at all if you can type quickly, and if the pool is large enough, this will generally give you a pretty accurate estimate of win odds for the final leg.

arkansasman
11-09-2008, 06:20 AM
RacingChannel or Phonebet does provide Daily Double will pays and those can be imported into an Excel spreadsheet using a web query. You can click on automatic refresh and you will not have to type.