PDA

View Full Version : ONE LAST TIME

sonnyp
08-15-2008, 07:26 PM
saturday 8/15, at the ferndale fair in california, a truly remarkable animal will make her farewell appearance. black ruby will take the track for the last time.
some may scoff at a racing mule, but black ruby is a, truely, incredable animal the likes of which may never be seen again. excellance on any level should be acknowledged and thy name is black ruby. i hope she has a qwonderful retirement !

joanied
08-15-2008, 09:46 PM
saturday 8/15, at the ferndale fair in california, a truly remarkable animal will make her farewell appearance. black ruby will take the track for the last time.
some may scoff at a racing mule, but black ruby is a, truely, incredable animal the likes of which may never be seen again. excellance on any level should be acknowledged and thy name is black ruby. i hope she has a qwonderful retirement !

I have a friend up that way who goes to the fair every year...he's seen Black Ruby race several times, and even sent me a photo of her...I can't find the damn thing...ggggrrrr...
I love that mule!!!

Go, Ruby:jump: go...and I also hope she lies a long and happy life.

Please....keep us posted.

Tom
08-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Black Ruby and Taz....right there with the best of them.

joanied
08-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Black Ruby and Taz....right there with the best of them.

Taz, Taz, Taz.... I couldn't recall the name and I wanted to mention Taz right along with Black Ruby... too bad they can't have a catagory for 'unique' race 'horses' in the Racing Hall of Fame...they both belong there:ThmbUp:

Let's give them an Honorary Eclipse Award...
Black Ruby :1:
Taz :1a:

Tom
08-16-2008, 04:35 PM
There is a lot more thoroughbred in those two than in a lot of real T Breds out there. I remember the first mule race I ever saw on TVG.....I had no idea it was a mule race, I just saw the stretch drive, and thought to myself, "Where did he get those EARS?????" :eek:

sonnyp
08-16-2008, 07:04 PM
i'm not a touchy, feely guy by any stretch, but i've got a tear in my eye. although finishing a fast closing third, they led her into the winners circle....one last time. she was surrounded, and rightfully so, by adoring horsemen, owners and fans. there were no sheiks, no representatives of I.E.A.H. this had been her 100th lifetime start. she is 16 years old and her record is an increadible 58-17-15 with earnings of $236,987. she stood thru the ceremonies celebrating her longevity and excellance with the grace, dignity and class she has exhibited her entire career. she is BLACK RUBY RACING MULE (retired)

hey Ruby, you great ole girl............HAPPY TRAILS !

v j stauffer
08-16-2008, 07:22 PM
i'm not a touchy, feely guy by any stretch, but i've got a tear in my eye. although finishing a fast closing third, they led her into the winners circle....one last time. she was surrounded, and rightfully so, by adoring horsemen, owners and fans. there were no sheiks, no representatives of I.E.A.H. this had been her 100th lifetime start. she is 16 years old and her record is an increadible 58-17-15 with earnings of $236,987. she stood thru the ceremonies celebrating her longevity and excellance with the grace, dignity and class she has exhibited her entire career. she is BLACK RUBY RACING MULE (retired)

Great post Sonny. Ruby will always have a special place in my heart. Don't know exactly how many of those 58 wins I called but I'll bet it's more than half. Which makes her by far my winningest runner.

War RUBY!!!!!!:jump:

VJS

joanied
08-16-2008, 09:20 PM

SonnyP.... wonderful post, very well said and I have more than one :( tear in my eyes....and a case of the goosebumps. Ol' Ruby has the heart, class and courage of a true:ThmbUp: Champion.
The winner circle ceremony must have been so full of emotion and happiness... wish I could see it.
Is there a video of any of this we can see??

Ruby... I hope you have another 16 years of contentment, peace and happiness...you brought joy to everyone that has seen you race, and no doubt, the folks that surround you are as proud of you as anyone can be.

Happy retirement:jump:

freehouse2002
08-17-2008, 05:23 PM
She along with taz put Calfair Mule Racing on the map. I thouroughly enjoyed the match races they had, even at DMR! There are other mules out there now that may enjoy similar success, most notably her successor, Sarah Nelson, and Sarah Nelsons successor and current mule great Bar JF Hot Ticket. Black Ruby will always have a special place in racing history, at least for me and it was nice to have witnessed her last start yesterday. True to her ways, she ran a gutsy third. Enjoy your retirement Ruby!

freehouse2002

Murph
08-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Great post Sonny. Ruby will always have a special place in my heart. Don't know exactly how many of those 58 wins I called but I'll bet it's more than half. Which makes her by far my winningest runner.

War RUBY!!!!!!:jump:

VJSSay it aint so, Vic... say it aint so.

santanajimi
08-18-2008, 05:00 AM
One amazing mule.....