PDA

View Full Version : Mike and The Mad Dog

tribecaagent
08-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know what happened? Why did Chris Russo leave?

blind squirrel
08-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know what happened? Why did Chris Russo leave?

i used to listen to THE FAN when i traveled and it was obvious
they disliked each other.....where's the DOG now?.....Mike
did give Horse racing good coverage during the Triple Crown.

NJ Stinks
08-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Tribecaagent, from the NY Times website tonight:

__________________________________________________ ____

August 15, 2008

Radio Alert: It’s Now Mike Minus Mad Dog

By RICHARD SANDOMIR (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/s/richard_sandomir/index.html?inline=nyt-per)
Martin and Lewis broke up, and so did the Beatles.

And on Thursday, WFAN’s “Mike and the Mad Dog” became just Mike, when Chris Russo left the station abruptly, ending a nearly 19-year partnership with Mike Francesa that had made them perhaps the most formidable duo in sports-talk radio.

Russo’s divorce from the station came in the early evening, leading WFAN to swiftly name Francesa the sole host of the popular afternoon drive-time show, starting immediately. For now, it will be called “Francesa on the FAN.”

The rest here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/15/sports/15wfan.html?em

tribecaagent
08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Thank you for the article NJ.

This has become a hot topic all of a sudden. There's talk of a deal on Sirius. My feeling is Russo has an opportunity to get out of Francessa's shadow and, at the same time, get a bigger paycheck. Can't knock the guy for doing it. But that's just speculation. Me personally, I enjoyed them together and I'm sad to see them part ways.

Interesting in the article, Francessa said he wants to take on another partner. This clears the way for Joe Bonigno. It makes sense too. One's a Yankee fan, one's a Met fan. One is high-octane, the other laid back. They are friends so we'll see.

ghostyapper
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Interesting in the article, Francessa said he wants to take on another partner. This clears the way for Joe Bonigno. It makes sense too. One's a Yankee fan, one's a Met fan. One is high-octane, the other laid back. They are friends so we'll see.

Francessa said he will never had another partner and I wouldn't categorize them as "friends"

OTM Al
08-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I never cared for these two. Mike I think was at least fairly knowledgable, but I found him to be very biased, possible driven by his friendships with certain sports figures. He is a friend to racing, or at least was when I last listened to him. I think he may have been an owner at one time. As for Russo, all I can do is repeat a quote I saw elsewhere that really summed him up for me..."All Chris Russo knew about sports was that it began with an "S". Any grown man going by the name "Mad Dog" seems a bit of a clown to me. Can't blame Chris for going for the payday however, though why Sirius would pay that much is beyond me. I know they had their fans, but I won't miss them one bit.