PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Convention

bigmack
08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
This is rich. When does this guy assert himself enough to give anyone the impression he has a pair? Good grief man, you're running for Pres.

It's the Clinton Show as a result of "I got no-hand" Barack.

As usual, Morris swipes my take:

_PPnQwnl1mg

Tom
08-14-2008, 11:13 PM
He knows his place, huh? :2:

:lol::lol::lol:

riskman
08-14-2008, 11:36 PM
The American people are not going to entrust the security and prosperity of the country to such an immature and unproven man.

The American people are not interested in another round of top-down social engineering by the federal government. If anything, the nation's political leaders need to catch up to the waves of conservative and populist impulses spreading throughout the country. See, for example, the grassroots movement to limit the eminent domain power of state and local governments and the nationwide revolt against "comprehensive Immigration reform."

Obama's dissolutely liberal politics hopefully will sink him in the general election, just as it torpedoed previous Democratic candidates.

Obama's history of race-based politics and his membership in a militant black church - which places him in opposition to most white voters on such emotional issues as welfare, crime, and affirmative action, and casts doubt on his ability and commitment to represent the interests of the entire nation.

The fact of the matter is that Obama has no chance of being elected president in 2008. Hope I am right on this one.

NJ Stinks
08-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Riskman, I look forward to your posts after the election in November.:cool:

bigmack
08-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Riskman, I look forward to your posts after the election in November.:cool:
These cocksure responses I find entertaining. Many folk said the same nonsense about Hillary.

A majority want change from Bush but they ain't stupid enough to push this little leaguer into the big show.

You mean he don't know how to play hard ball? :lol:

Dem's sending up another doomed hopeful.

NJ Stinks
08-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Bigmack, if your guy wins in November, you can sit back and enjoy our misery. It works both ways for sure.

bigmack
08-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Bigmack, if your guy wins in November, you can sit back and enjoy our misery. It works both ways for sure.
I don't have a guy but I'll assume your choice and can't fathom how he would handle a real situation without being the ol' "deer in headlights". Hell, he might even soil himself.

Does he appear ready to handle real serious things to you?

PaceAdvantage
08-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Riskman, I look forward to your posts after the election in November.:cool:I'm guilty of replies such as these myself. I believe I was typing this kind of thing in 2004.

In any event, the left pretty much felt GWB was an easy target in 2004, and look what happened....

The Democrats clearly do not want to win the White House. They insist on putting up far-left wing candidates whom the American public will reject time and time again.

This year, they not only put up one of the most, if not THE most liberal candidate they have ever nominated, but to top it all off, they nominate the first black man ever, and as a backup, they had the first woman nominee waiting in the wings.

One really must question whether or not the leadership at the Democratic party is actually being controlled by Republicans. How else can you explain their choice of candidates in a year where they should be leading in the polls by 20-25% at this point in time?

It's as if they actually WANT to give themselves a loosing chance in a year when they should be a mortal cinch lock.

Dave Schwartz
08-15-2008, 11:49 AM
According to Iowa Electronic Markets, it is currently 62-38 Obama.

http://www.biz.uiowa.edu/iem/

Since they have never missed one since they started in 1988, I am scared out of my pants.

JustRalph
08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I think the stupidity of the American Voter is being way underestimated. Obama has a very good chance if you ask me.

And he is going to have to stare down Putin............now that scares me.....!!

Greyfox
08-15-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't like either McCain or Obama.
Neither was the best representative from their parties.
The debates will be the tipping point one way or the other.
Unless Obamamania subsides between here and November,
I reluctantly give the edge to Obama.

Black American Erik Rush has done his home work on Obama.
At http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/rush/070221 He has written:
"Well, to say that the Trinity United Church of Christ (http://www.tucc.org (http://www.tucc.org/)) is afrocentric in the extreme would be a gross understatement. It's not simply afrocentric, it's African-centric. In fact, one could argue that this organization worships things African to a far greater degree than they do Christ, and gives the impression of being a separatist "church" in the same vein as do certain supremacist "white brethren" churches — or even Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam.
Shocking? An overstatement? An overreaction?

One can see for oneself on the Trinity United Church website, which is replete with confirmation of what I present here. What follows is an excerpt from their Mission Statement:

"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community."

Jerome Corsi writing in the New York Times has also done his home work.
He's written a book entitled "The Obama Nation."
The Preface is at http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/13/books/chapters/chapter-obama-nation.html

Corsi has stated:

"In contrast to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama has not been vetted, not even by Democrats. Even today he is largely an unknown to all but a small handful of dogged political professionals and a concentrated core of political junkies who inhabit Internet blogs. Thus, in this book I have pursued Obama’s extensive connections with Islam and with radical racial politics, including those articulated by such extremists as Malcolm X and Louis Farrakhan, in order to bring these issues from the shadows where Obama has tried to keep them hidden."

The fact is though, that Obama is being worshipped like a rock star.
He is entrancing audiences.
If the youth show up to vote as they might this time, he is a "shoo in."
John McCain looks awfully decrepit next to almost anyone he stands with.

hcap
08-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Corsi is a lying F**K**g son of a bitch. And deserves to be strung up by his b****. His book is a collection of lies. His history is that of a political hit man.

Screw him and the boat he rode in on.

Homework? ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-
ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-

bigmack
08-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Corsi is a lying F**K**g son of a bitch. And deserves to be strung up by his b****. His book is a collection of lies. His history is that of a political hit man.

Whoa there fella. What seems to be the problem? :cool:

Just think, within a short period of time you'll be reading on your oftvisited org sites that Putin conspired with McCann to invade GA to make Obama look weak (not all that tough to do)

DVD's, blogs, Senate Panels & tin foil to follow.

Greyfox
08-15-2008, 09:21 PM

Homework? ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-

Thoroughness or obsessive compulsiveness noted.
Corsi has had to apologize before for being too hasty.
That doesn't make him wrong here. Laughing off his accusations isn't an argument either.
But what about Erik Rush's assement of the Trinity Church? You seem terribly mute in that department.

NJ Stinks
08-15-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't have a guy but I'll assume your choice and can't fathom how he would handle a real situation without being the ol' "deer in headlights". Hell, he might even soil himself.

Does he appear ready to handle real serious things to you?

Honestly, I have no idea. But after the last 8 years I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Greyfox
08-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Hcap:
But what about Erik Rush's assessment of the Trinity Church?
You seem terribly mute in that department.

highnote
08-15-2008, 11:52 PM
I urge you to check out this interview with Andrew Bacevich at http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/08152008/watch.html

He argues that there is only one party in America -- the party of the incumbent.

He is a conservative, but said he voted for every democrat he could in the last election because they all said they would end the war in Iraq and bring the troops home.

Belosi and Reed did not do that. Instead, they worked to make sure as many democrats stayed in office as possible.

He makes so many good points in that interview that I'll be quoting from it for a long time.

Do yourself a favor and watch it. If you are interested in politics and the direction this country is headed you won't be disappointed in what he has to say.

hcap
08-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Hcap:
But what about Erik Rush's assessment of the Trinity Church?
You seem terribly mute in that department.
Rush is exaggerating, playing up fears of some whites that this is the same as the "Black Power" movement back in the 60's and 70's complete with afros, raised fists and machine guns. If you go to the Trinity Church website, you will not find what Rush conjectures.

Black Liberation Theology doe not make you a Muslimone could argue that this organization worships things African to a far greater degree than they do Christ, and gives the impression of being a separatist "church" in the same vein as do certain supremacist "white brethren" churches — or even Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam.
Shocking? An overstatement? An overreaction?This does not follow from the mission statement of the Trinity United Church of Christ
Trinity United Church of Christ has been called by God to be a congregation that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that does not apologize for its African roots! As a congregation of baptized believers, we are called to be agents of liberation not only for the oppressed, but for all of God’s family. We, as a church family, acknowledge, that we will, building on this affirmation of "who we are" and "whose we are," call men, women, boys and girls to the liberating love of Jesus Christ, inviting them to become a part of the church universal, responding to Jesus’ command that we go into all the world and make disciples!

We are called out to be "a chosen people" that pays no attention to socio-economic or educational backgrounds. We are made up of the highly educated and the uneducated. Our congregation is a combination of the haves and the have-nots; the economically disadvantaged, the under-class, the unemployed and the employable.

The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution!

W.E.B. DuBois indicated that the problem in the 20th century was going to be the problem of the color line. He was absolutely correct. Our job as servants of God is to address that problem and eradicate it in the name of Him who came for the whole world by calling all men, women, boys and girls to Christ.

Greyfox
08-16-2008, 11:29 AM
The TUCC website has been changed in response to Erik Rush's criticisms.
The commitment to Africa is still very clear.
Check out the intro at http://www.tucc.org/
A map of Africa is pictured.
Then Article 4 of their 10 point vision states:

"A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA."

Rush has them pegged.

JustRalph
08-16-2008, 01:41 PM
How do I misunderstand "God Damn America!" I think I get the entire meaning. Loud and Clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH5ixmT83JE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdJB-qkfUHc

boxcar
08-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Rush is exaggerating, playing up fears of some whites that this is the same as the "Black Power" movement back in the 60's and 70's complete with afros, raised fists and machine guns. If you go to the Trinity Church website, you will not find what Rush conjectures.

Black Liberation Theology doe not make you a MuslimThis does not follow from the mission statement of the Trinity United Church of Christ

The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution!

Hey, 'cap a couple of questions fer ya: Did Wright or someone else in this congregation have a revelation from God? Did God speak to someone to tell them that he's displeased? Did he appear to someone in this congregation and have conversation with some member? No? Well then...does God speak to this "economic mal-distribution" of America's wealth in the bible? If so, maybe you'd be good enough to give us chapter and verse, please.

Boxcar

equicom
08-17-2008, 03:42 AM
It seems naive to me that people believe politics will have an influence on the outcome of the election. Everyone knows that Americans can't resist novelty.

It will be novel to have a black man in the white house, and even more so if the VP is a woman. So I predict that Obama is going to win the election, and by a landslide if Hilary is VP.

Tom
08-17-2008, 12:27 PM
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have read in a longtime.
Everyone? BS - you know crap about it.

Marshall Bennett
08-17-2008, 12:49 PM
It seems naive to me that people believe politics will have an influence on the outcome of the election. Everyone knows that Americans can't resist novelty.

It will be novel to have a black man in the white house, and even more so if the VP is a woman. So I predict that Obama is going to win the election, and by a landslide if Hilary is VP.
It would be novel to have an eight foot giant in the white house and a midget for a VP , but what does that have to do with running a nation and keeping us safe ?

Greyfox
08-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey. I don't like Obama or McCain. But I just came across this on the web and an impelling urge says "post it."
It's always "pick and choose" on what we believe.

http://allhatnocattle.net/Copy%20of%20tmdho080619.jpg.

equicom
08-17-2008, 03:01 PM
It would be novel to have an eight foot giant in the white house and a midget for a VP , but what does that have to do with running a nation and keeping us safe?

Do you honestly think that the vast majority of the masses actually think about this stuff when they vote? Some survey I saw indicated people would vote for a muppet or cartoon character given the chance.

A guy in Tasmania was banned from an election because he changed his name to Mr Informal, then encouraged everyone on his advertising to "Vote Informal" (hardly a democratic move, in my opinion, to ban somebody for having a bit of brains and humor).

People vote for whoever they feel like voting for, and very few people put much thought into it. The evidence is in the oval office right now.

Tom
08-17-2008, 04:11 PM
What, you think we doubt your ignorance? You don't have to keep proving it.

equicom
08-17-2008, 05:27 PM
You will see I am right.

It doesn't matter what those guys say and do between now and the election, Obama will win unless the Republicans rig the vote (but of course, that could never happen, right?).

He will win because there will be too many people who just want the warm fuzzy glow they'll get when they hear the result read out on the news.

Marshall Bennett
08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
You will see I am right.

It doesn't matter what those guys say and do between now and the election, Obama will win unless the Republicans rig the vote (but of course, that could never happen, right?).

He will win because there will be too many people who just want the warm fuzzy glow they'll get when they hear the result read out on the news.
Only hope that "warm fuzzy glow" isn't from the enemy . Obama has no plan to protect us from them .

Tom
08-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Marshall, I think he wet his pants. :lol:

Greyfox
08-17-2008, 06:56 PM
It seems naive to me that people believe politics will have an influence on the outcome of the election. .

The statement "Naive to me that people believe politics will have an influence on the election" is only one that could be made by Yogi Berra
or a direct descendent. :lol:

equicom
08-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Well they certainly had no influence on the outcome of the 2002 election. Not sure about the more recent one, but I think it was probably that too many people were freaked out by John Kerry's hairdo.

Greyfox
08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Well they certainly had no influence on the outcome of the 2002 election. .

No. You got that partly right. Politics did not have an influence on the 2002 election.
For starters, there was no Presidential election in 2002.

equicom
08-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, I meant 2000, and it was just a typo, but OK. You get a point for that.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2008, 05:28 AM
It doesn't matter what those guys say and do between now and the election, Obama will win unless the Republicans rig the vote (but of course, that could never happen, right?).Yes, there is just no possible way an inexperienced slick talker (and Lord knows DC is full of slick talkers) can lose to a well respected, experienced Senator who is a decorated war veteran, unless the VOTE IS RIGGED!!! :lol:

And we all know the Democrats have NEVER rigged a VOTE in America!! :lol: :lol:

We all can excuse equicom for his naivety. He's not from around here you know.

rastajenk
08-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Is he from this planet? He has come up with some astoundingly ill-informed observations this week.

highnote
08-20-2008, 11:23 AM
McCain's negative adds over the past month seem to be working. He leads in polls today. I still think McCain wins.

Voters don't have confidence in Obama. So far, he hasn't shown any substance. Maybe that will change after the convention and in the debates.

equicom
08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
I told you wait and see.... I will be right. Obama will win. That doesn't mean I want him to (or not), it is just what will happen. The alternatives are that the vote gets rigged or Obama is "removed".

If I am wrong, you can gloat about it after the election. And if by some extremely remote chance I am wrong, then no doubt there will be oodles of books and documentaries suggesting that the vote was rigged by the Republicans (which could mean I was right after all, but it will be too late by then, because you'll already have gloated).

I seriously predict there will be no gloating happening any time soon.

Tom
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Is your hemisphere closer to the sun than ours?

equicom
08-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Not right now. It is freezing here.

OTM Al
08-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Nothing ever really changes when it comes to politics. I have recently been reading about the great orator and politician of the late Republic period in Rome, Cicero, which reminded me how human nature works in this arena. In Cicero's time, the political figures had divided themselves into two camps. The optimates were generally in support of traditional values and ways of doing things, and as such generally supported the positions of the wealthy citizens. The populares more often took the side of the masses and backed many reforms, especially land reforms. These were not parties as we understand them today, more like confederations of politicians. Of course the kicker is that these politicians were all of the upper class as it was nearly impossible for lesser men to ever attain office (Cicero was one that did however, but more often than not was on the side of the optimates) and they took whatever position they felt was most apt to help advance their careers for the most part. 2100 years ago.

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2008, 02:53 AM
Seriously, who is this equicom character, where did he/she come from, why is he/she all gung-ho now after seven months of relative inactivity, and lastly, why is someone supposedly from another country so active and well-versed in our little world?

Something doesn't smell right here....talk about rigged!

ArlJim78
08-22-2008, 01:34 PM
The fact of the matter is that Obama has no chance of being elected president in 2008. Hope I am right on this one.
you are indeed correct sir, I've been saying the same thing from the beginning.

people that think he is a shoein are in for a rude awakening.

Greyfox
08-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Apparently Obama phoned several V.P. hopefuls last night and told them they weren't on the list.
As he didn't phone me yet, I must still be in the running. :D

Tom
08-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Is that you, Hillary? :p

Tom
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
This is not a nomination....it is an OBAMAnation! :lol:

Greyfox
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Let me give credit where credit is due.

Michelle Obama gave a truly outstanding speech last evening in a warm, eloquent manner. She hit the ball out of the park on an otherwise very dull evening.

Having said that, it's one thing to "Talk the talk versus Walk the walk."
At one point in her speech she said that her husband valued
"that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them."

If this were even remotely true, I might buy in. But I don't have to go very far for examples to the contrary. Just ask Gha-is Askia, and Alice Palmer.
In kick starting his own career, Obama threw both of those opponents
under a bus. He blind sided them by challenging their petition signatures in court. The hugely popular incumbent Alice Palmer would have otherwise won the election.
That story is at http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070403obama-ballot,0,1843097.story

This man Obama pretends to treat people with dignity/ respect or says he does.
His behavior is incongruent with his words.

Tom
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
He lets his brother live in a hut on a buck a week, or something like that?

JustRalph
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
He lets his brother live in a hut on a buck a week, or something like that?

Send him a hundred bucks and I bet he does a McCain ad for Youtube :lol:

ArlJim78
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
now which night is reverend Wright giving his address?

JustRalph
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
now which night is reverend Wright giving his address?

That will be the last two weeks before the election.............you are going to see plenty of him............. :D :lol:

Tom
08-26-2008, 07:52 PM
They had to scroll the words to the Pledge of Allegiance because no one knew them!

Hearing that bunch of disgraces mention the word God and Flag was enough to bring up my supper. Do that for TV and spend the other 51 weeks a year denying God and dishonoring the Flag. Dirt bags.

Show Me the Wire
08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Where are the Edwards?

Tom
08-26-2008, 08:27 PM
John is in a hotel bathroom with Larry Craig.

JustRalph
08-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Where are the Edwards?

Hiding in N.Carolina. see the link

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/08/26/elizabeth.edwards.ap/