PDA

View Full Version : SATURDAY AUG 16

Charismatic
08-14-2008, 09:59 PM
go to www.luckymagee.com (http://www.luckymagee.com/) for full-card selections from Saratoga on Saturday

Saturday August 16th
Featured Stakes Races

Race 9 @Del-Mar: The Gr.I Del-Mar Oaks 1 1/8th turf

#7 Misty Ocean (Best Bet)

She stepped up in graded stakes for the 1st time at the same 1 1/8th distance on June 7 and won. What was impressive about the race was that she found another gear and pulled away the final 1/8 of a mile. She did it after being a handful the 1st half of the race. She is now stepping up here in Gr. I company at the same distance. Will be tough on the lead. Other horses may not want to test her early on, so she may get an easy lead. Watch out !!

Race 8 @Saratoga: The Gr.I Sword Dancer Handicap 1 1/2 turf

#1 Equitable

3rd start of a layoff and the 2nd attempt at a Gr.I. What draws me to this horse is the #1 post that he has. In most of his races he has had to go wide on the far turn but still finshes strong. Today with an inside post and not much early speed to contend with, he can get a perfect trip. You will get a good price on this horse.

Race 9 @Saratoga: The Gr.I Alabama 1 1/4 dirt

#1 Music Note

Hard to go against this one. As the distances get longer, she gets better

Race 9 @Monmouth Park: Gr.III Iselin 1 1/8 dirt

#5 Kiss the Kid

This horse puts in good efforts when he goes from turf to dirt. He is doing that today. Centeno climbs aboard for the 1st time , which is a plus as well.

Charismatic
08-15-2008, 10:26 PM
:)

thetuna
08-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Equitable may have a better post..but racing against a much better class. Will be getting weight from both the younger faves-Red Rocks and Dancing Forever(with Rene Douglas-underrated grass rider). Never mind the agless Better Talk Now. Rocks is a scratch but that doesn't change my pick-Dancing Forever. I'll take Champs Elysees and Better under on exactas.The Mott runner would certainly be an upset winner. Then again, your bettin em at Toga-the upset capital, so you have that workin for ya
good luck

thetuna
08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
with Champs Elyeeses out i'll add Equitable to the ex bet. good luck