PDA

View Full Version : Where are your gold mines?

46zilzal
08-14-2008, 04:43 PM
AQU, FE, WO, PHA, TAM, TUP, Oaklawn, SAR

If I had the hutzpah to just play these I would quit the other jobs quickly

Tampa Russ
08-14-2008, 05:09 PM
This time of the year, it's PHA, SAR and SUF. Win bets only.

46zilzal
08-14-2008, 05:11 PM
This time of the year, it's PHA, SAR and SUF. Win bets only. I am beginning to like Suff as we only started to get it this year

sammy the sage
08-14-2008, 06:26 PM
mine don't count since it's based on breeding...therefore...no need for you to know :p :D :faint:

BUD
08-14-2008, 07:33 PM
When I have been able to get out of the house and get to Suffolk I've done well.....Now when I play the track at home.......:bang: That sums it up.......Must be a Chuck Knoblauch thing I guess..

rufus999
08-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm not quite sure which track it is... I'd have to check my records, but since I never win I just figured I'd concentrate on the stats I know best. The last five days I have placed 202 bets winining 15 times. Everything imaginable has happened to the horses I've backed and some things I think were just plain invented by the tracks involved. Don't get me wrong ... even if my luck were to change I wouldn't do much better. I just stink at it, that's all. Anyway, the track I do the worst at would have to be either Laurel or Delaware... I get them confused...all I know is that I'm awful at both. It's probably close. Lately Emerald Downs has been throwing me goose eggs. But I'd have to say all in all from what I remember Great Lakes Downs and Northlands Park of recent are pretty much impossible for me to even guess correctly. My bad playing continues right know I'm busy embarrassing myself at Canterbury Park and Emerald Downs so I gues you could add that on to the total I don't expect to hit anything at these two tracks tonight and today I also went o fer at Ellis Park.;)

rufus
I'll update this mess tomorrow

rufus999
08-15-2008, 12:53 AM
rufus
I'll update this mess tomorrow

Here's the update. 0 for 38 today.
Last five days 404 bets (the original 202 needed to be doubled since every bet I make is actually two tabulated wagers combined) 15 wins.

Total 442 bets 15 wins

One should understand when reading this that all of my wagers are well thought out. I am not just simply throwing money away. Each race I bet consists of four exacta couplings. That translates into around 110 races over a six day period.

rufus:9::9::9:

Sundown
08-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey Rufus,

Can you send me your picks so I know who to eliminate.:D

rufus999
08-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey Rufus,

Can you send me your picks so I know who to eliminate.:D

Just finished up for the day. 37 bets at Ellis, Canterbury, and Northlands with 0 wins.:ThmbUp:

Total for 7 days:
479 bets
15 wins

If you can catch me in the morning I might have a few ready to go. My picks have a double plus impact. Not only do they not win, they rarely ,if ever, lift a leg. This includes odds on favorites as well. You can basically eliminate them from the race flow.;)

dav4463
08-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Charlestown, Sam Houston, Mountaineer.

DrunkenHorseplayer
08-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Vallejo; seems like I hardly ever lose there.

KMS
08-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Prairie Meadows has been good to me lately, I cash tickets pretty consistently at Sunland during the winter, and Delta Downs when I had access to it was also a track I looked forward to betting. OTOH I've thrown my hands up at Saratoga.

BombsAway Bob
08-16-2008, 12:03 PM
when I was a "weekend warrior", hitting Rockingham Park or Foxwoods on a Sat./Sun., I would bet seemingly every Simo race running! Three horse exacta boxes, Dollar Tri backwheels, etc.
Now that I'm devoting full-time efforts to wagering, my play has improved dramatically! Pick-3's are the single most effective way to have action on a track for short $$. Dime Supers are a BIG part of my play, & Pick-4's are worth dabbling in, but I'm not putting out "TVG ALL-STAR TALENT" sized tickets!
I've broken my day down to three time periods: Early Afternoon: NYRA, Suffolk; Late Aft.: So.California track;
Evenings: Evangeline(huge fields) or Sam Houston(Pick-3 w/12% Takeout), & LOS AL every thurs thru Sunday nite(Early Pick-4's average around $100K, late P4's over $50k)!
In terms of "BIG HITS", Los Al would be my most explosive for payouts...
I've averaged three W2G's the past two years from Los Al, on Pick-3's, Pick-4's, & even DIME SUPERS!

big frank
08-17-2008, 12:42 AM
tvg,,,,,,,,,, all day @ night

David-LV
08-17-2008, 01:24 AM
My best tracks use to be the old Jamaica Racetrack in NY & Roosevelt Raceway in the evening.

Things have not been the same since!!:D :D :bang:

______
David

BombsAway Bob
08-17-2008, 01:25 AM
tvg,,,,,,,,,, all day @ night
But it's ONLY on ONE of the TV's here at
"The Duck Mill Bar & Grille"... and there's
never a line at the betting window!

rufus999
08-17-2008, 10:05 AM
My best tracks use to be the old Jamaica Racetrack in NY & Roosevelt Raceway in the evening.

Things have not been the same since!!:D :D :bang:

______
David

Roosevelt Raceway was the frist track I ever placed a wager at. I lost. I know less about harness than I do about thoroughbreds. However, like you, at least I'm honest about it. Frankly, I didn't appreciate this thinly veiled excuse for red boarding post from the outset so I tried to offset the potential onslaught of egotistical blowhards with some cold, hard facts. There's nothing more annoying in the game to me than curmudgeons bragging about what they know and how well they did after the fact. It sounds like old folks home day in Bugtussle, Idaho. I've seen too much and been around it too long to fall for any of this crap.

whyhorseofcourse
08-17-2008, 02:08 PM
LOS, SA, HOL. Can not hit anything at del mar though.

gopony
08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Charlestown, Sam Houston, Mountaineer.
Were you watching the other night when one of the announcers at MNR picked 3 trifecta's in one night.