PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Silverlight plug-in

trying2win
08-14-2008, 02:53 AM
I have been testing out the new Microsoft Silverlight plug-in lately, on videos at three different websites that are covering the Beijing Summer Olympic Games. Those sites being the CBC in Canada, NBC in the United States, and the BBC in the U.K.

A couple of questions after watching some of the Olympic videos at the three sites listed above.

1. The Microsoft Silverlight plug-in only worked at the NBC site. How come not at the other two websites?

2. At the NBC site, the only feature I could see that was different on the videos was that one could choose between many different videos all within the same screen. Allegedly, Microsoft Silverlight offers more features than that, but I haven't seen anything else. Can someone enlighten me on how to access any additional features using the Microsoft Silverlight technology?

Thanks,

T2W

DJofSD
08-14-2008, 09:16 AM
More info here. (http://silverlight.net/) ,

trying2win
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
DJ:

Thanks for link. :ThmbUp: I don't recall scanning that site out before. Looks interesting. I'll certainly check it out in more detail, then test out some of the info at the NBC Olympics website.

T2W