PDA

View Full Version : Magnas Horse Racing Television Anyone Have It Yet

Jrdhorse
03-10-2003, 06:39 AM
Has anyone tried out Magna Horse Racing Television (HRTV) yet or even seen it. It is supposed to be available on basic cable in 34 states. Shows live racing just like TVG and supposedly will show more tracks than TVG does live.

pic6vic
03-10-2003, 09:43 AM
We get 5 hours free in LA. They show from 12 noon to 5PM. All there tracks. Gulf, SA, GG, LRL. Commentary is excellent. That said, it is Magna. Since they show all the tracks, they don't have time to show the odds. They will ocassionally show the odds, but not frequent streaming. That's all I have on them.

The station is KDOC channel 56. This is a local Orange county station and not everyone has it. I can get it on cable or regular TV.

BillW
03-10-2003, 11:37 AM
jrdhorse,

Fox Sports, Pittsburgh also carries (simulcasts) HRTV for 2 or 3 3-hour slots each week (Dish network). With Fox's relationship with TVG, this may just be fulfilling a previous contract, and not last. Magna bought out Meadows Racing Network which has been simulcast by FSP for years.

Bill

so.cal.fan
03-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Pick6vic:

I tried to watch KDOC yesterday.....no races?????
Did they stop them?
I was home most of the afternoon, wanted to see the races on TV from SA.........I tried several times....nada?????

MikeH
03-10-2003, 12:04 PM
So.Cal.Fan-

I've watched them on KDOC the last several weeks. Seems like they're on Saturdays, but not Sundays...

I could still use less of the talking, but at least the Magna/Santa Anita people are highly competent. I haven't seen TVG in a while, but, when I did, it was very amateurish. Plus, I had a TVG marketing guy tell me to my face that they were not interested in my business. Guess a 50 year old male that knows how to handicap isn't what they want. I would assume that they are looking for losers...

Holy Bull
03-10-2003, 02:21 PM
HRTV is excellent compared to TVG. Right mix of commentary, odds, racing, post parades.

pic6vic
03-10-2003, 03:03 PM
So cal fan

They only have them on Saturday's

Jrdhorse
03-10-2003, 03:11 PM
HRTV must not be fully operational yet they claim will be on 24 hrs a day everyday racing all day!!!!1 Wonder what gives.

so.cal.fan
03-10-2003, 04:43 PM
I've never seen enough of them to compare them to TVG, but at least we get to watch TVG.........it's on Fox Sports and it's always on!
I did watch it last summer......I have no complaints with them.
I don't bet with them, but my son does......no problems.

Thanks for the info, pick6vic.......in the future, I'll get off my lazy ass and drive down to Santa Anita........:(

Speed Figure
03-10-2003, 04:47 PM
HRTV looks good now but, When santa anita & gulfstream are over HRTV will be nothing. They don't have Hollywood Park, Belmont, Churchill Downs, Calder, Del Mar, Saratoga, Arlington, they don't even have Oak Tree.

To me they just don't have the top tracks after the winter.

race_n_ponys
03-10-2003, 07:47 PM
hrtv is on 24 hrs a day 365 days a year......well darn near anyways, maybee not christmas.......and when the racing day is over......they just rebroadcast the days racing.......but i tell you what........put that together with tvg on another tv and you get just about everything.............if anyone has or can get a hold of a ku band dish(preferably an old primestar dish) email me or send me a private message, because there are 8 racing channels available on the ku band satellite dish.a couple of the channels are harness and greyhounds and a couple are live track feed for the bigger tracks(right now its santa anita and gulfstream) my email is: race_n_ponys@hotmail.com