PDA

View Full Version : "Three Strikes and Out"

LottaKash
08-12-2008, 04:46 PM
On Belmont day, I was all excited about watching "Big Brown" getting to perform his "Magic" again....Not to bet on him, just to watch the "Magic" unfold again...

Well, after witnessing that "Magicless" event, that was it for me, I then took a whole vial of pills, you know, to end it all.....Trouble is, what was in that vial wasn't sleeping pills, they were laxatives.....To say the least after that encounter, I was feeling very crappy, yet sort of glad that my suicide attempt had failed, well sort of.........
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, being a lifelong "Harness Racing" person, I was sure glad that we still had our Two Unbeaten Champions, both 3 yo's, a Pacer ""Somebeachsomewhere, and a Trotter "Dewecheatumandhowe".......Both of these with some upcoming Monster miles on the agenda.....
Now, comes the Big "Meadowlands Pace" for 3yo's and Somebeachsomewhere is 1/5 to romp in this affair........Well, Uh-Oh, In the most brutal fractions I have ever witnessed, and in World Record Time, Art Official, a solid selectioin for the underneath part, gets to Somebeach and goes by to pull off the most Major Upset in harness racing this year.........Well, I was beside myself at the outcome of that event, and proceeded to take another vial of pills.....And, this time I really meant to end it all.......Only trouble with that was, I had used the last beer in the fridge (leaving a cavernous empty space) to wash down all those capsules...... Being so bloated from drinking all those celebration beers, I just got so sick, I couldn't help but go to the toilet.....Well now that, that didn't work, and I was sort of glad, cause We still had our "Dewey" coming up real soon, and he would save it all for us.......Wouldn't He ????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, comes the "Hambletonian", historically the most prestigious race in all of harness racing......Dewey takes the lead and is stalked real close by a fresh new star named Crazed, and in midstretch takes out, and goes after the champion and was actually getting to Dewey at the line, just missing.....Whew, that finish was always in doubt, and left me breathless untll Dewey just held safely to remain unbeaten, the only horse to ever do so in the Hambletonian...........

Just after the race was over, my wife passed by my office, and asked how my horse did.......and, "by the way, Honey, what are you doing with that plastic butter knife" ??.............:eek:

Isn't this fun ?

Best,

Sea Biscuit
08-13-2008, 03:08 AM
On Belmont day, I was all excited about watching "Big Brown" getting to perform his "Magic" again....Not to bet on him, just to watch the "Magic" unfold again...

Well, after witnessing that "Magicless" event, that was it for me, I then took a whole vial of pills, you know, to end it all.....Trouble is, what was in that vial wasn't sleeping pills, they were laxatives.....To say the least after that encounter, I was feeling very crappy, yet sort of glad that my suicide attempt had failed, well sort of.........
Now, being a lifelong "Harness Racing" person, I was sure glad that we still had our Two Unbeaten Champions, both 3 yo's, a Pacer ""Somebeachsomewhere, and a Trotter "Dewecheatumandhowe".......Both of these with some upcoming Monster miles on the agenda.....
Now, comes the Big "Meadowlands Pace" for 3yo's and Somebeachsomewhere is 1/5 to romp in this affair........Well, Uh-Oh, In the most brutal fractions I have ever witnessed, and in World Record Time, Art Official, a solid selectioin for the underneath part, gets to Somebeach and goes by to pull off the most Major Upset in harness racing this year.........Well, I was beside myself at the outcome of that event, and proceeded to take another vial of pills.....And, this time I really meant to end it all.......Only trouble with that was, I had used the last beer in the fridge (leaving a cavernous empty space) to wash down all those capsules...... Being so bloated from drinking all those celebration beers, I just got so sick, I couldn't help but go to the toilet.....Well now that, that didn't work, and I was sort of glad, cause We still had our "Dewey" coming up real soon, and he would save it all for us.......Wouldn't He ????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, comes the "Hambletonian", historically the most prestigious race in all of harness racing......Dewey takes the lead and is stalked real close by a fresh new star named Crazed, and in midstretch takes out, and goes after the champion and was actually getting to Dewey at the line, just missing.....Whew, that finish was always in doubt, and left me breathless untll Dewey just held safely to remain unbeaten, the only horse to ever do so in the Hambletonian...........

Just after the race was over, my wife passed by my office, and asked how my horse did.......and, "by the way, Honey, what are you doing with that plastic butter knife" ??.............:eek:

Isn't this fun ?

Best,

Hey Lottacash I sincerely hope you don't have any more close horse encounters the rest of the year.

Glad you are back.

LottaKash
08-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Hey Lottacash I sincerely hope you don't have any more close horse encounters the rest of the year.

Glad you are back.

Glad your're glad Biscuit.....but, I sincerly hope no one thinks that this story is true.....It was just for laughs.......

But, additonally, in the Somebeach race, I did have the so called upset horse to win......as, if any race merited a shot at an upset, a Million Dollar race would be the place to try and beat the Champ......as good trainers point their horses to these things, and race and train accordingly.......Art Official, in my way of watching, had a nice 2d place finish to the champ, but the clincher was, after that previous race was run, I noted that Art looked to have something left in the tank, after they hit the wire, and after his encounter with the Somebeach, and for a Million Bucks, it was very worthy of a play......A $27 payday was a big surprise as I figured a $9-11 mutuel would still be worth a shot.....All the great one's get beat at one time or another, so why not in a million dollar affair........So much for trying to kill myself.....haha.......:lol:

And, in the Dewey race, I had the exacta Cold, and a smaller reverse......Crazed is a force to be reckoned with, and I feel that he will beat the Dewey real soon.........

humbly,