PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the Smog

bigmack
08-11-2008, 10:13 PM
If you're ever in the SoCal area in the summer roll over to the San Bernardino area and take marvel at how the Venturi effect draws LA smog over in them parts. Not a pleasant sight.

That ain't nothing to what is being shown in Bejing and these are their good days.

Did they ever give any thought to spew?

Tom
08-12-2008, 07:08 PM
China got caught digitally enhancing a lot of the video coming out from the Olympics, and the girl that sang the national anthem was lip syncing.

Secretariat
08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
If you're ever in the SoCal area in the summer roll over to the San Bernardino area and take marvel at how the Venturi effect draws LA smog over in them parts. Not a pleasant sight.

That ain't nothing to what is being shown in Bejing and these are their good days.

Did they ever give any thought to spew?

Imagine when they start the outdoor events such as the Marathon. I can't even imagine what it will be like when they resume driving regularly and running the nearby factories. Obviously no regulations at all.

Tom
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
And they will be building new factories to make the stupid new light bulb your congress has mandated! Only these factories will be spilling mercury everywhere. :lol: :2b:ad for us.

bigmack
08-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Many cities in the world are bad, I mean horrific with smog. You ever breathe that crap on a regoolar basis and you'll wished you didn't/hadn't/wouldn't have.

T - For every person I know I get 10 of those "isn't this funny, pass it on" emails. Personal policy has me deleting the lot. This one got through today and is mildly entertaining.

John Smith started the day early having set his Alarm clock
(MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6am.

While his coffeepot
(MADE IN CHINA ) Was perking, he shaved with his

Electric razor
(MADE IN HONG KONG ).

He put on a Dress shirt
(MADE IN SRI LANKA ),

Slacks
(MADE IN SINGAPORE )

And Tennis shoes
(MADE IN KOREA )