PDA

View Full Version : Sire Redoute's Choice?

so.cal.fan
08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Anyone know anything about this sire?
He had a horse running yesterday at Del Mar in the 7th race.
Second time starter name of Prince Rexy. Was very, very impressive.
Someone said this Redoute's Choice may be the best sire in the world?
Could this be?

so.cal.fan
08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.racingandsports.com.au/breeding/rsNewsArt.asp?NID=102673

foregoforever
08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Redoute's Choice was all the rage in Australia a few years ago. He had a remarkable 6 runners in the Golden Slipper, their top 2yo race, including the top two finishers. He had the trifecta in another major 2yo race. I was following Australia closely that year, and he was as dominant a sire of 2yos that year as I've ever seen.

His early successes were with 2yos, but he's had several horses do very well as 3 and 4yos, including Miss Finland, who was Australia's top horse up until a year or so ago. I don't know that his colts have done as well as older horses, but most of them have made early detours to the breeding shed.

His numbers haven't been as dominant for the last two years, but he's still near the top of the sire list. He's only 12 and by Danehill. Best sire in the world? That's probably a stretch, but he's certainly one of the most valuable.

point given
08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Redoute's Choice was all the rage in Australia a few years ago. He had a remarkable 6 runners in the Golden Slipper, their top 2yo race, including the top two finishers. He had the trifecta in another major 2yo race. I was following Australia closely that year, and he was as dominant a sire of 2yos that year as I've ever seen.

His early successes were with 2yos, but he's had several horses do very well as 3 and 4yos, including Miss Finland, who was Australia's top horse up until a year or so ago. I don't know that his colts have done as well as older horses, but most of them have made early detours to the breeding shed.

His numbers haven't been as dominant for the last two years, but he's still near the top of the sire list. He's only 12 and by Danehill. Best sire in the world? That's probably a stretch, but he's certainly one of the most valuable.

what is the AWD for his get ?

foregoforever
08-12-2008, 07:58 PM
what is the AWD for his get ?

6.83 according to stats from Bloodhorse ...

http://www.equineline.com/extendedcontent/bh.cfm?StallionRef=4628588&rtype=stats&ASCID=1443262