PDA

View Full Version : Paceadvantage locks up frequently with IE7

highnote
08-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Frequently, when using Paceadvantage.com the IE7 locks up. I have to use task manager to shut it down.

This happens with DRF on occasion, too.

I downloaded a new version and reinstalled it, but still locks up.

Any idea what causes this?

robert99
08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Are you using Vista?
It happens often in that OS.

highnote
08-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Using XP. This just started happening a month or two ago.

I can't remember if it happened after I installed new software or a new plug-in.

Maybe I'll reinstall it again.

Maybe I even need to re-install XP.

DJofSD
08-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Look at Add/Remove programs under Control Panel. Make sure Show Updates is checked. See if there happens to be any updates to Windows software about the time you started to experience the problem. You'll need to look at 3 places in the list for all of the patches that have touched the OS and IE.

But then the easist solution to the problem is don't use IE. FF works just fine on PaceAdvantage.

JustRalph
08-11-2008, 11:53 PM
try reloading java and flash player...... a bunch of the ads on the sight are using java and flash......and they may be the real culprit

raybo
08-12-2008, 06:34 AM
I stopped using IE years ago, too many problems. Firefox is my choice, for sure.

highnote
08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
try reloading java and flash player...... a bunch of the ads on the sight are using java and flash......and they may be the real culprit

Good suggestion. Thanks!

JustRalph
08-12-2008, 09:43 PM
site, sight.....whatever :lol:

highnote
08-13-2008, 01:58 AM

I didn't even notice. I use them both, too -- unless I remember not to.

It won't be long before "r" instead of "are" become acceptable for use in American English.

PaceAdvantage
08-13-2008, 03:00 AM
I've been using IE7 along with Vista Ultimate since February, and haven't had anything lock up on me while on PaceAdvantage....I know that doesn't help you much, but I thought I'd just add my two cents.

highnote
08-13-2008, 03:20 AM
I've been using IE7 along with Vista Ultimate since February, and haven't had anything lock up on me while on PaceAdvantage....I know that doesn't help you much, but I thought I'd just add my two cents.

Thanks.

It just locked up again while I was right in the middle of writing a message on PaceAdvantage. Very frustrating. Not your fault, though. The fault is on my end.

My Outlook Express email software also locked up -- I had just received an email notification that you had replied to this thread.

I used Task Manager to shut down Outlook Express, but IE7 was still locked up.

So I just reinstalled Java and Flash and rebooted.

Will keep you posted....

skate
08-13-2008, 07:14 PM

OOO Oh, i love it.

Actually i think you have it correcto, the problemo.

highnote
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
So far -- no lock ups.
:ThmbUp: