PDA

View Full Version : Program question

Versajoe
08-11-2008, 08:40 AM
What do the arrows just to the left of the horse's name indicate? They point up, down or both.

botster
08-11-2008, 09:38 AM
What do the arrows just to the left of the horse's name indicate? They point up, down or both.

I believe your referring to the arrows indicating if a horse is moving up,or down in class from his/her previous start.

Be careful in taking this information always to be true. Shipins from other tracks may have better horses in a particuliar class, but a lower purse.It is imperitive you know your tracks and their classification systems.Especially now with video gaming at some tracks, purses have increased making their product on the racetrack appear better than it really is.

Versajoe
08-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the response.

Can you explain something for me? Take a look at Batavia's program (http://www.batavia-downs.com/data/documents/HBTV20080811E-BD$$-RA11.pdf) for tonight.

In the 5th race, Foxy Towner and Imperial Sahbra are shown as going up in class. Sumaturo is shown is staying the same.

Yet all three horses had the following race for their last race:
3000-4000CL FM

Granted these were different races (at the same track), but why aren't they all treated the same as far as class is concerned? Do they go farther back than the last race?

botster
08-11-2008, 11:47 AM
No they definitley do not go back further than the last race, unless the horse was scratched and didn't compete.

The reason must lie in the other conditions listed for eligebility for the race.I see there is no purse change even though this is a straight 4k and not a 3k-4k mix.

I would look at other 3 and 4, and see if the conditions vary, they probably do.

Example 3-4k claimers,for winners of 1,500... and so on.

Big Fella
08-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I note that Shady Bettor (6) is down from the 5k but the arrow sign shows no change in class. I am not familiar with Batavia but I am wondering if the arrow symbol might stand for other information purposes ?

botster
08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I note that Shady Bettor (6) is down from the 5k but the arrow sign shows no change in class. I am not familiar with Batavia but I am wondering if the arrow symbol might stand for other information purposes ?

Indeed it does show the arrow pionting downward implying the drop in class.

The reasoning must be the specific conditions within the claiming tag.Remember these cheap tracks won't increase the purse, only when the actual claiming tag is higher.

Ray2000
08-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Trackmaster class system rates this race at class 72 and lists the class for entries' last race as :

Horse Last start Class
1.......8/6.......69
2.......7/28......71
3.......8/4.......72
4.......8/4.......72
5.......7/28......71
6.......8/1.......75
7.......8/4.......72
8.......8/6.......69

TrackData Systems Corporation uses a different system, I'm not familiar with.

botster
08-12-2008, 12:47 PM
SUMATURO must have raced against horses with more money earned within the conditions of that particuliar class of 3/4 clamers than the other two you mentioned.