PDA

View Full Version : How many people on here are doing well at Del MaR

joelouis
08-10-2008, 11:36 PM
IT'S been like a roller coaster for me, how about the rest of you. I am about even for the meet.

boomman
08-11-2008, 12:01 AM
IT'S been like a roller coaster for me, how about the rest of you. I am about even for the meet.

Joe: I think things have really "settled down" there form wise in recent days and have had some good days of late while up for the meet, but not as much as I would like (or expect) to be. Did feel like I got totally screwed in DQ of 10 horse in feature today, as had that horse STRONG in pick 3's and Pick 4's........9 horse dove to inside (instead of going around) while 10 was clear, then caused interference with the 8 and because the 10 leans in slightly when the 9 dives in, the stewards take him down. Yes, I had a financial stake in The DQ, but have watched the replay many times and feel once again that the DelMar stewards blew another one, and even though I rarely publicly criticize stewards, I think we would ALL agree they have a long history of making at the very least some questionable calls there..The point is of course, this game is tough enough without being robbed by the stewards of a $14 horse and nice score in the pik 3 and late pik 4.............:mad:

Boomer

BombsAway Bob
08-11-2008, 12:25 AM
stews @ Saratoga would have given the jock's their courtesy calls, waited fifteen seconds, & buzzed Tom in the tower to announce "...After review by the stewards, there will be NO CHANGE in the outcome..."

Hajck Hillstrom
08-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Did feel like I got totally screwed in DQ of 10 horse in feature today, as had that horse STRONG in pick 3's and Pick 4's........9 horse dove to inside (instead of going around) while 10 was clear, then caused interference with the 8 and because the 10 leans in slightly when the 9 dives in, the stewards take him down. Yes, I had a financial stake in The DQ, but have watched the replay many times and feel once again that the DelMar stewards blew another one, and even though I rarely publicly criticize stewards, I think we would ALL agree they have a long history of making at the very least some questionable calls there..The point is of course, this game is tough enough without being robbed by the stewards of a $14 horse and nice score in the pik 3 and late pik 4Gotta agree with you, boomer, as I had no financial stake in the race, and thought the DQ was a terrible one.

As for the meeting, this year is like a breath of fresh ocean air compared to last year. The ROI is solid and I haven't cashed a signer yet.

Fingal
08-11-2008, 12:03 PM
From part of the horse racing column in The North County Times ( S.D. Paper ). http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/08/06/sports/horseracing/z9756168a0c83583d8825749e00095d99.txt

Maintenance schedule

Del Mar has told its horsemen that the Polytrack will be power harrowed and rototilled Tuesday, the track's dark day. The Polytrack will be remixed after the work.

Two weeks ago, the track did the same kind of maintenance and it resulted in slower times the next racing day.

Track management has told horsemen it will be doing the power harrowing and rototilling every three weeks during the meet.

------------------------------------------------------
( by Tuesday they mean the August 12th, so it's going to be a new world again out there )

cnollfan
08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Del Mar has an online contest. I am in 6,200th place (and there are only 6,000 entries!) But after Skyspy wins the 6th today I'll be back in the hunt.

point given
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
i dont play no stinkin poly. Anyone else ?:eek:

Zman179
08-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm getting murdered at both Del Mar and Saratoga. I'm waiting for Hoosier to open up to try to get even.

lamboguy
08-11-2008, 07:49 PM
i don't play synthetic surfaces because when the weather changes, the bias on the track changes.

as far as saratoga goes, i have played 4 races for the meet, 2 of them today, i played the winner of the first race (i gave that out last night on this board), and the last race today a loser which i didn't tout.

earlier in the meet i had the asmussen horse that had run second to flying pegasus in kentucky, a 5.80 winner, and another horse that ran 2nd.

very limited plays this year at the spa and on the pacific coast for me.

kitts
08-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Losing slowly at Del Mar. Last year, their first with Synthetic, gave me my first ever profitable Del Mar. Oh, well.

JBmadera
08-12-2008, 02:00 PM
not finding too many oppty's at DMR this year. finding many more opptys at LAD, ELP and SAR. i've had an up and down season at AP - will really need to look back at my log and see why/where the wild swings are coming from.

JB